Free Smoke

*** The Next Week / Tuesday, April 11th 2023 ****

Micheal's POV

Every lesson I have learned came from a series of bad decisions.

I never had anyone to hold my hand, no one to help me move away from the path of wrong choices.

The greatest and most valuable lesson I have learned goes like this...

Great rewards often require great sacrifices.

The rules of life set the stage intentionally so that every man will face the consequences of his actions.

I know that come judgment day I would be faced with answering for my sins.

Sooner or later it all catches up to you.

But at this very moment, I didn't care about any of that...

All I was concerned about was protecting my family, and I was willing to make every sacrifice possible to gain that reward.

"So why Panama?" I hear Damari's voice call out, dragging me from my thoughts.

I moved my eyes from the floor on which they were situated on to make eye contact with him and the rest of the group.

I had called a meeting to discuss and share my plan for taking down Rambo.

I always knew that at some point I wouldn't be able to do this all alone, but I wasn't expecting the day to come so soon.

We were all sitting around my living room discussing the next steps.

"Yuh neva did waan try go US?" Koi says, turning his body to face me.

He was seated across from me on the larger couch next to Blacks, a quizzical look sprawled across his face.

"US woulda be too predictable, Noelle mada and rest ah family live deh so dat ah di first place dem ago check" I respond to him.

"Yea ah true Spragga, cyaa do nuh weh predictable like dat" Blacks says, nodding his head in agreement.

"Man dem use to hide out ah Cayman but di place ah get hot ova desso to" Damari says, his tone is low as if he's trying to piece together the plan as he speaks.

After weh mi plan fi do, mi need fi lay low inna wah secure place fi awhile.

"Cayman can be an option still doh, bare Jamaican deh ah Cayman" Blacks retorts back to him.

I looked between the three men, trying to figure out the best way to detail the full plan to them.

These were the people I trusted most in this world, and I needed to utilize that trust now more than ever.

It was important that they completely understood the gravity of the situation.

Dis anuh juss wah nother regular job....

Is a kill or fucking be-killed situation we ah deal wid right now.

I needed them to play their roles perfectly, or else it would be all of our lives on the line.

"Alright...hear how it ago guh" I begin to say, shifting my position so my back is off the couch and I am seated more upright.

I had spent hours upon hours going through this in my head.

Trying to find any possible loopholes or loose ends that could possibly make this plan go up in flames.

Shit like dis cyaa just do and nuh plan right...