“This is…great news.” You say in awe as you finish reading the letter. You hand the letter back to him and let out a sigh. “I'm fine with you reading it first, but since you haven't, I think you should.”

“How humble of you, (Name).” Dumbledore hummed. “However, I do not need to read the letter to know the context.”

You raise a brow at that as he continues.

They told me.”

“Ah…Figured.” You sighed in relief. “Glad they found a way to fix it, I guess.”

“Indeed! It may take some time but at least, we are getting somewhere. We must remain patient and trust that our efforts will be rewarded in time." Dumbledore said with an encouraging smile on his face, you gave him your goodbye before wandering off to do something to waste your time.

“Well well well…it seems that Snivellus got himself a girlfriend.” James mocked with a devious smirk on his face. Why did Potter have to ruin his peace every time, Thought Severus.

“You need to leave my business alone, Potter. And no, I do not have a girlfriend.” Severus said with a hint of coldness to his voice, cheeks heating up slightly at the last part.

“Seems like Snivellus got balls to talk back now!” His friend scoffed and cackled.

Severus just shook his head and sighed, he wasn’t in the mood to deal with Potter today. Whenever he sees Potter and his friends, nothing good is to come out. He decided to just ignore all the taunts and insults that Potter threw his way. Yet, the book he was reading was suddenly snatched out of his hold.

“What do we have here?” Potter asked mockingly as he glanced at the book’s title. “Oh, I didn't know you were so into reading… better yet romance novels! How cute!” Potter and his friends burst out laughing and Severus felt the heat rising in his cheeks. He quickly lunged forward to grab the book from Potter's only to get kicked back by the chest.

“Give it back,” Severus demanded through gritted teeth. Potter just laughed and threw the book, sending it flying towards the fountain. Severus cursed and ran towards the fountain, frantically searching for it. He got pulled back by the collar before getting thrown to the ground.

“We saw you with that Hufflepuff cutie, and Moony does not like that one bit.” Sirius, one of James’ best friends, said calmly.

“Who?” Severus asked.

(James) “Come on! You're dumb but you're not that dumb!”

Severus narrowed his eyes as James Continued.

“(Name)! The cutie from Hufflepuff! Don't act dumb, Snivellus.”

Severus bit the inside of his cheek, trying not to seethe with anger. He had no idea why they cared what he was doing and who he was spending time with.

“Look, I didn't come here to fight or anything,” Severus said calmly, standing up. “Just leave me alone.”

“Oh come on! We're friends!” James said, his voice laced with playful sarcasm.

It took Severus all his might not to roll his eyes and throw his hands up in exasperation. He knew it was pointless arguing with them, and he did not want to get his underwear shown to the public only to get harassed by them even more. So, he stayed quiet - visibly uncomfortable.

“Look Severus,” Remus began, his voice gentle and soothing. “I don't know how you met her, but I certainly met her first. So back off.”

Severus felt his stomach knot in anger, but he kept silent. He liked Lily, so why was he suddenly feeling so bitter at the thought of you hanging out with Remus instead of him? He sighed inwardly, trying to keep his composure despite the bubbling feeling of resentment that was quickly rising inside him.

“What's going on here?”

Speaking about her, it just got a whole lot worse.

“Lily,” James said, his voice low. “What are you doing here?”

Lily looked first at Severus and then back at James before responding.

“I just thought I'd come by and see what was going on,” she said with a shrug. “I didn't expect to find you two arguing.”

“We were just having a nice chat with Snivellus here.”

Severus, who had been silent until this moment, shot a glare at James before a futile attempt to walk away.

“Oh no you don't.”

Before he knew it, he got pushed to the fountain, nearly stumbling into it but it got worse, he could feel somebody grab at his locks and push it down to the water.

He heard muffled laughter before his head got raised from the water. Severus couldn't help but gasp for breath, seeing the amused look on James's face.

“Just leave her alone.” Remus sighed. Severus furrowed his brows only to get his head dunked into the fountain once more.

“HEY! LEAVE HIM ALONE!”

He could hear somebody yell for him.

Severus felt the tight grip on his hair loosen, freeing him to be able to breathe in again. As he emerged his head from the fountain, he saw you roughly push James and Remus away — while Lily and Sirius merely stepped back.

“What the hell do you think you're doing?!” You shouted, looking daggers at James and Remus. “Leave Severus alone! You have no right to bully him like that! He didn't do anything wrong!”

Severus was taken aback by your sudden defence of him. He had expected you to join in on the fun like everyone else — but here you were, standing up for his rights even though it meant going against the others.

“You want to pick on him? Well, you will have to get past me first!” You growled, pointing your wand at them.

Remus and James stepped back, both of them looking surprised. They had never expected you to be so passionate about defending Severus' rights.

“We were just having a bit of fun,” Remus said, only to sweat when you furrowed your eyebrows at him. “Yes, alright we'll leave…”

“What the—” James began. He was clearly shocked that you had just forced them to comply.

“Please.” Remus looked at James before walking away but not after nodding his head and smiling at you. You gave him a scowl in response before rushing to Severus.

Severus coughed and gasped for air, but based on his expression he was taken aback by what had just happened. He was not used to being defended in such a manner and you could tell that it had surprised him. But it hadn't gone unnoticed – especially by the look on James' face. You exchanged glances with him before he scurried away after his friends.

“Are you okay?” You ask, patting his back and tucking his wet jet-black hair behind his ears. “They can't keep doing that to you.”

Severus coughed a bit more before he looked up at you with anger in his gaze. "And you can't keep defending me!" His voice was hoarse from the coughs but still strong and clear.

“Nu-uh! I GET TO DECIDE THAT!” You argued back.

Severus looked at you incredulously and his anger shifted to surprise, “What?” He asked. “You know what, just leave me alone. I don't need your help, much less you getting me embarrassed.”

You sighed as you watched him storm off as everyone watched and laughed.

“I WAS JUST TRYING TO HELP YOUU!!” You yelled at him but it was too late, he was already gone. You scoffed. “I was just trying to help…what's wrong with that? AND WHAT'S WITH PEOPLE NOT WANTING HELP?” You whispered to yourself. You stared at your reflection in the fountain, not sure what to do next.

“Arck!” You groaned as a sharp pain shot up behind your skull. You clutched the spot and winced. You got that feeling again, not a pleasant feeling. It was…painful but luckily it was temporary. As you were about to leave the fountain, you saw something beneath the water. You pulled up your sleeve and took the object out of the water.

“A notebook?”

(A/N: THE CHAPTER WAS DELETED HELP)