under the moon

earth 42, miles g. morales | prowler

Brooklyn was known to be brooding and dark at night, with only a few street lamps on

Brooklyn was known to be brooding and dark at night, with only a few street lamps on. A girl was running down the sidewalks, almost tripping over her own feet, a man chasing her down, firing his pistol with no rhyme or reason.

And as she ran, as if her life depended on it, because it did. She found she was soon lifted off her feet, held by a strong thin wire, a grapple gun, it brought her onto a rooftop.

And as her feet touched the ground she heard the voice of a boy, her lips immediately lifting as she recognized it. "Jeez, this is the fourth time. You got a thing for danger don't you?" Prowler asked with a sly grin on his face.

The girl dusted off her clothes, "No." She said with a confident laugh and a smile to match. Once she was placed down she glanced back at him, "Danger has a thing for me." She said with a glint in her eyes.

Her words had a hidden meaning, and she definitely didn't mean the dangers of the streets below...

Prowler quirked a brow, "What do you mean?" He asked, his tone becoming more serious. He was clearly intrigued by her words and had caught the hidden meaning. The vigilante turned to her fully, he was leaning back on the railing of the building. His arms crossed against his chest. "You mean you attract trouble?" He asked, his tone remaining serious with a hint of humor as he looked at her intently, waiting for an answer.

She took a step towards him as she turned to the boy, "You know what I mean." She whispered out slowly. The girl looked at him with mischief burrowing in her eyes.

Prowler stared at her with a blank look on his face for a moment, his mind processing her words. "Excuse me?" He asked with confusion, before noticing her change of tone, and her gaze as she looked up at him. "Did you just say I have a thing for you?"

"Yeah are you deaf?"

"I'm not deaf, far from it." Prowler replied to her comment almost immediately, the corner of his mouth rising slightly as a small grin formed. But she couldn't see that.

"It's just that..." The boy paused, "Why would I have a thing for a someone like you?" He asked with a faint smirk, his gaze still lingering on her, noting how her expression was reacting to his last comment.

"Oh I dunno, you're probably tired of stopping muggings and saving purses, yeah?" She paused and smiled. "I know I bring some excitement to your life, why else would you save me four times over?" She took a step away to look the boy up and down.

She didn't know. She didn't know what he truly was, he wasn't a hero, far from it.

Her arms crossed against her chest, she was confident, she was a challenge. And deep down she knew he liked that, liked that she was a change in pace.

He wanted to keep it that way.

"Four times huh...?" The boy mused as he watched her look him up and down. "Maybe I should start keeping count and see how many times you need me to save you. Maybe I should give out rewards?" He mumbled, before looking back at her, his eyes lingering on her once again.