lovers to strangers

black y/n.

You hate school

You hate school. It wasn't the fact that you had to get up at six am every day or the fact that you had to on your only off days from hell work at your part-time job every weekend.

No, no that's not it. At all.

It's the fact that you had to go to school and deal with Miles fucking Morales. Every. Day. And his stupid bunch of friends.

He wasn't always like this. It was in your third year of high school that made him change, his uncle had just passed away. Car accident. At least that's what the news said.

And you noticed, everyone noticed.

You and Miles were in a relationship since freshman year of high school. You tried to help him cope, heal with the death of his uncle.

But he didn't want your help. He didn't "need it" as he would always claim but you weren't stupid, you knew your poor boyfriend was hurting.

The pain got too much for him he started to hang out with the wrong type of people, they introduced his young mind to things that he wasn't ready for.

Drugs, Alcohol. You know stitch, fell in with the wrong people. You tried talking to him he didn't listen.

It got so bad that his grades in school started to drop and he would rarely show up.

It was heartbreaking to see him like this.

He stopped talking to you all together but on the last month of school he went up to you during lunch, to say you were confused was an understatement.

You were baffled, excited even but Miles didn't come to you with good news.

He broke up with you that day.

In front of the whole class

He broke your heart.

And that was the worst day of your life, the day he didn't claim you as his anymore.

And so life moved on, you would often see him but you moved on it was hard but you did.

Even though there's always going to be a part of you that loves the boy even if he no longer returned those feelings.

So, here you are senior year of high school.

He still loved you. But he didn't want to get close to you again afraid you'll leave him just like his uncle did.