CHAPTER 31: "2011 PART 1: The Chosen One."

It was now summertime in the Valley, back in America. In the Valley Park and the two kids, both eight years old, were playing a two person game of tag. The boy’s name was Miguel Diaz and the girl’s name was Samantha LaRusso, daughter of Daniel LaRusso. “I’m gonna get you, Sammy.” Miguel said, catching up to his best friend. “No way, Miggy. I’m way faster than you.” Sam laughed, running for her life. Suddenly, Sam trips on the floor and starts crying. Miguel saw her fall and immediately rushed over to her. 

“Are you okay, Sammy?” he asked, worried. “My knee hurts.” Sam cried, pointing to her knee. Miguel takes off his hoodie and wraps it around Sam’s knee, kissing the top of her head. “It’s okay, Sammy. You’ll be okay.” Miguel told her, making Sam feel safe. Their mother’s, Carmen Diaz and Amanda LaRusso came to get them to return home. Before they left, Sam turned to Miguel and took a hold of his hand, tightly. “Miggy. Will you always be my friend? Forever and ever?” Sam asked. “Of course Sammy. You'll always be my best friend. No matter what.” Miguel answered with a smile. 

The two children hugged each other and left the park with their families. When Miguel got home, Carmen introduced her boyfriend to her son. “Hello, Miguel. My name is Johnny Lawrence. Nice to meet you.” Johnny held his hand out to the boy. “Nice to meet you.” Miguel responded, shyly. After that introduction, Miguel went to bed and Carmen turned her attention to Johnny. “Johnny. Are you sure he’s ready? He’s only eight years old.” she asked. “He is. Don’t worry, Carmen. He’ll be fine. There is something about him that is special. I have a very strong feeling.” Johnny said, making Camren smile. The next few days, Johnny started teaching Miguel in his dojo, Eagle Fang Karate, learning how to be a badass. After him, he will be training with Daniel in Miyagi-Do karate and learn his balance.