CHAPTER 25: "1985 (TKK PART III 1989)."

John Kreese was walking through the streets of the Valley, then finally arrived at the now abandoned Cobra Kai dojo. He walked into his old office, where the box of his belongings was, and looked at the newspaper that had an article that talked about Miyagi-Do’s victory at the All Valley karate tournament. He crumbles the paper out of anger and packs the last pieces of his belongings before leaving. After a long drive, John Kreese arrived at a huge mansion that pretty much looked like a castle. He walked up to the door and Butler answered it right away. “Ah, Mr. Kreese. What a surprise, good morning.” he said to the Cobra Kai sensei. “Where’s the boss?” he asked. 

The butler led John Kreese to a certain room to find the man he was looking for. It was none other than his war buddy, Terry Silver. He was sparring with two men in fighting pad gear on, throwing a combo of punches, then high wheel kicks. He finished them both off with two wheel kicks, knocking them to the ground. “You’re telegraphing that wheel kick.” John Kreese said to his best friend. Terry Silver smiled, ran to his best friend, and hugged him. “Johnny, Johnny, Johnny!! What a surprise! What’s this, you moving in?” Terry Silver asked, noting the duffle bag on the floor. “This is I give up. I came to say goodbye. Here are the dojo keys and I’ll pay the rent as soon as I can.” John Kreese promised, holding a pair of keys to his best friend. 

“Screw the rent. That place is for you and you deserve it. Come on, let’s get some air.” Terry Silver wraps his left arm over his friend’s shoulder and leads him to the outside balcony. “It’s been nine months since a single student has walked through my doors. We’re losing soldiers for Master Kim’s army and Miyagi-Do is starting to win the war.” John Kreese told his friend. “Hey, the Way of the Fist never gives up. Right now, you’re going to Tahidi.” Terry Silver led John Kreese to the door and the Cobra Kai duo left the mansion. Pulling up to the airport, Terry Silver looked at his best friend, to get his attention. “Alright, I heard enough and I’ve made up my mind. Here’s the plan, Nariyoshi Miyagi and that punk kid, I’m gonna get them for what they did to you. They made you suffer. So I’m gonna make them suffer, and suffer, and suffer, and when I think they’ve suffered enough, then I start with the pain. We’re Cobra Kai. Come on say it. Cobra Kai…? Say it! Cobra Kai…?” Terry Silver asked, holding his hand out. John Kreese took it into his own hand. “Never dies.” he answered. “You bet your ass. Listen, we’ll get our revenge and after that, our empire will rise again and Master Kim’s legacy will be out there. Now go. Have fun, Captain.” The two share a solute and say their goodbyes. After Terry Silver drove off and John Kreese entered the airport, Nariyoshi and Daniel exited the airport and caught a cab home. 

When they got to Reseda, they saw that the entire complex entrance was halfway destroyed with few construction workers all over. The landlady informed them on what was going on and cleared out what they could get. Nariyoshi let Daniel stay at his house while Lucille was in New Jersey helping Daniel’s uncle, Louie. The next day, Nariyoshi and Daniel were practicing kata in the backyard but were stopped by a voice. “Excuse me! Nariyoshi Miyagi. It’s Terry Silver, we met under the conditions of Master Kim Sung-Yung. Well, my former master that is.” Terry Silver started. “What you want, Silver?” Nariyoshi asked, angered and defensive, seeing one of his old enemies again. “I would like to apologize for my previous actions and for John Kreese’s dishonorable behavior toward you and your student.” Terry Silver said, trying SO hard to hide his smirk. “Not falling for tricks, Silver. You leave Miyagi home now.” Nariyoshi said, trying to contain his anger. “Okay. I tried. You two have a good day.” With that, Terry Silver turned and left. Daniel turned to Nariyoshi, confused as to what just happened. “Who was that, Mr. Miyagi?” he asked. “Another enemy from Miyagi past. Explain on way to Bonsai shop.” Nariyoshi said, leading Daniel to the parking lot.

Nariyoshi and Daniel arrived at a cliffside near the beach. They both went to their knees and Nariyoshi showed his student his rare bonsai tree. “Daniel-san, just like bonsai, choose own way grow because the root is strong. You choose own way do karate same reason.” Nariyoshi told him. “Yeah but I'll do it your way.” Daniel said. “Hai. One day you do own way.” Nariyoshi said, letting him know that one day, his style will be different. They latch the ropes to their waist bands and descend down the cliff. They found a perfectly good resting place for the tree. Once it was fully planted, the Miyagi-Do duo climbed back up.