26 - ʜɪɢʜᴇʀ

ᴊᴜɴᴇ 2, 2023
ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: ᴜᴘᴘᴇʀ ᴡᴇsᴛsɪᴅᴇ, ᴍᴀʜᴀᴛᴛᴀɴ
ᴢᴀʀɪᴀʜ's ᴘᴏᴠ

It was the first day of summer and no school and me and my friends were excited

Me and my friends promise and my sister zamiyah was walking down to the deli.

We walked in and we saw all the boys from Douglass projects.

I went to go find some snacks and while I was looking Carlos came up to me.

"So Carlos doesn't text Zariah no more" he said crossing his arms.

I shook my head and I said "look Carlos I been shook in up after you got shot it's not that easy all the time."

He shook his head and he said "Zariah how many times I have to tell you I'm fine."

I sighed and I said "Carlos I saw bleeding on the ground I didn't want nothing to happen to."

"And I told you I'm fine" he said standing in front of me.

I looked at him with a worried face and he said "you can't just keep ignoring me or that we can talk about it or something at least."

I sighed and I said "Carlos this is new to me and it gives me trauma I don't know what to do."

He putting his around me and he said "well you don't have to worry about it no more it's over."

He put his other around me and he said "I might not I have a bullet proof body but I'm here."

I look at him and we both look at each other and I gave him a kiss on the cheek.

Carlos smiled and I said "What are you doing for the rest summer."

We looked around for what they wanted Carlos shrugged his shoulders and he said "you know your brothers wanna drag me around."

I laughed and I said "I think they know about us."

"I think so too your cousin ratted on me and he said I need to get away from you" he said smiling.

I shook my head and I said "look we like we each other but we gotta keep it low key."

He looked down at me and he said "yeah but we can't just not be around each other you know."

I nodded my head and I said "I know that but we can't make it seem like we're on each others body."

They walked to the counter payed for their stuff and walked out the store.