Souji waited outside his room, Chizuru was changing into her new yukata. After having waiting enough, he knocked the door,"Are you almost done Chizuru-chan? Or do you need help putting it on?" he smirked. From the other side, Chizuru's yelp was heard. Souji started snickering, she was probably blushing and having a hard time fixing the yukata.

To him it was so cute seeing her fluster, especially when she got angry at him. Before knocking again, the shoji door opened to show the product. Souji will have to admit his mouth opened a little bit at the sight of her. For him, less is more, and Chizuru defenitely proves it right.

Her natural beauty showed even more, it was amazing how much difference men clothing did to her looks, not that she was ugly before. Her hair was still loose, framing her face a little more and making her facial features more noticeable. Souji smiled, being pleased with himself, the yukata he picked was perfect for the girl in front of him. It was soft pink with white outlines, the obi black as night and the final touch were the red blossoms scattered around it. Not as elaborate as the kimonos geisha's wore but it still was lovely on her.

Chizuru held her hands together with her head a little lower,"D-Does it look bad?" she timidly asked. Souji put his hand under his chin, like if he was thinking. He hmm and tsss, before answering her, the cheeky man even paced from left to right as if he was inspecting a new weapon. She was afraid that he'd make fun of her or something, but his answer was something none of the men would've never heard coming out of his mouth.

"You look even more beautiful than before, Chizuru-chan. Not even the prettiest flower can compare to you" he rested his hands on her shoulder, feeeling the tenseness fading away. Chizuru blinked twice, processing the sweetest words Souji has ever said. Then he continued saying,"If the other men saw you like this, I'll have to lock you up or you would spend even less time with me" he pouted like a child. There it was, the real teasing Souji everyone loved.

After his chuckling, he took out the bags of sweets they can finally eat together. This was the part Chizuru waited for the most, dango was always saved for last so it was more enjoyable.

Chizuru stared at the other candy Souji bought, thinking if she should offer some of her own to Osamu-san. Souji noticed her pondering and poked her face with the dango stick,"Watcha thinkin' about? Could it be me?" he cocked up his eyebrows while chewing on the dango.

Chizuru giggled and shakes her head,"It's nothing, I was just thinking if Osamu-san would enjoy some dango". Souji's 'Bruh' face came back, letting the stick hang form his mouth. He leaned on the wooden beam and sighed,"You just don't want to be around me right? You got tired of me for sure Chizuru".

Not knowing if he was going to start chuckling or smirking, Chizuru stared at him for a moment. He seemed serious, he didn't finish the rest of his dango.What if she hurt his feelings?! Chizuru scooted closer to him, so she can explain things clearly. She cared a lot about him, but Osamu-san was also her friend.

From the corner of his eye, he could see Chizuru's guilt showing in her face. Maybe guilt for the other guy or for him, who knows? He kinda missed being fussed over by Chizuru, no one else did that to him.

Before she reached for his hand, he forced out a cough. He made his cough soft and easy, Chizuru was holding back her concern so he had to make it more believable. Souji stood up on his knees and coughed like an old man that has been smoking for years.

He checked his hand, still no blood, he had to really force it out. Finally, he managed to spill out enough blood for Chizuru to see...a little too much though. Souji fell on his knees still coughing, not fake ones this time.

"Okita-san? Okita-san?!," Chizuru cried. She went by his side and grabbed his arm to put it over her shoulder and take him inside the room.

Chizuru laid him down on the bed,still frantically coughing and spitting out blood. She couldn't find the rag where he usually coughs in, she would have to run and get a new one.

Chizuru was going to get up but Souji pulled her wrist,"Wait...stay here" he croaked. She was shaking from fear, her eyes were wide and her mouth was chattering. "Please Chizuru. I feel better, I promise" he finished saying. Hesitating, Chizuru kneeled beside him, feeling his forehead for a fever, thank goodness he was fine.

He is always giving her scares like that, what if one day is fatal? Every time he coughs, Chizuru can't help but cry a little, while holding his warm hand. Gripping it tight to let him know he was never alone until the end. But as much as she tries to put on a brave face she can't. How can you pretend everything is when a dear friend of yours is dying before your very eyes.

Souji was breathing fine now, only panting a little. As he wiped of his sweat he caught glimpse of tiny teardrops run on the clothes. A piece of his heart tugged his chest with a lot of pain, Chizuru is crying for him, for his sake. Even if the tears were victims of selfish reasons. He fought the urge to hug her but knew it would make her uncomfortable, besides he shouldn't after pulling this cruel trick on her.

He shouldn't have done that, he shouldn't have pretended to be sick just to get her to stay with him. Chizuru is crying silently because of him, it sucked knowing he caused that sadness. Souji reached to her face and wiped her tears away,"Hey, don't cry. I'm still going to live, I ain't as weak as you think I am" he chuckled. It didn't help, she was still crying for his sake. Chizuru held his hand up to her cheek, which took him by surprise, and cracked a smile,"I'm sorry, I am just so scared Okita-san will one day die in front of my eyes". Souji smiled, she will always worry about him, it won't ever change, to a man who is known as a killing machine.

Souji removed his hand from her teary face and moved around so his head can rest on her soft lap. "Okita-san? What are you.." Chizuru started asking, he patted her legs so she can relax them more. "Let me stay like this...for a while. It's comfortable" Souji closed his eyes and let himself go to sleep. Chizuru giggled and began to brush his brown hair away from his face. She liked his hair a lot, the style, the color and the softness of it. She let go of the small ponytail he wore so his head can be more comfortable on her lap. Caressing his hair made her feel sleepy, after a while, the slumber took over and Chizuru fell asleep over Souji.

"She is mine! I didn't kill her so she is mine!"

What if she is not 'completely' yours?

"I'll kill anyone who tries to take her"