15. The Lies Solidify

The Forbidden Zone 2.04

"There's just something about these fools that I can't get enough of. Might be the sarcasm or the constant bickering. I couldn't tell you."

          As the sun creeps its way into the Chateau, Casey turns in her sleep, letting the smell of weed, alcohol, and old spice fill her nose. She scrunches her nose as she starts coming out of her dreams, but she doesn't think twice as to why these specific smells are surrounding her. It's common for weed and alcohol to take over, but the old spice is new. Nevertheless, she lets it escape her mind and shifts her head on the pillow, getting comfortable once again. She doesn't remember what she was just dreaming about, seemingly for the first time in a few days, but she does feel a wave of contentment. Whatever her subconscious was working hard to portray is leaving her with happiness. She slowly opens her eyes after a few moments but like normal, has to block them from the sun. She loves the Outer Banks with her entire being, but the sun has to be her least favorite part, especially when they have broken blinds in the bedroom, meaning there is no blocking the light. It always seems as if it is ten times closer in the morning than any time of day. Knowing she is bound to get a headache from the bright light, she starts to pull the blanket off of herself and get up, but stops when she feels an arm around her torso. For a split second it confuses her, even frightens her, but when she turns her head to find a passed out JJ behind her, every fear and concern she has leaves her body. She can't help but giggle at the way his blonde hair is a mess on his head. She can't see his face, since he has buried it between the pillow and her back, but she can only hope he is dreaming about something pleasant.

          Although she would love to lay in bed, next to him, for the rest of the day, she knows she has to get up. Her brother will be up in less than a half an hour and at least one of them has to be out of the room before then. The last thing they need is to be caught at the start of a hopefully amazing day.

          So, to let the boy sleep, Casey gently grabs his arm and tries to pull it off of herself. Before she can get it even an inch away from her torso, his muscles flex and his hold tightens, pulling her into his chest once again."JJ." She whispers, trying to hold in her laughter. This is, to a T, the kind of person JJ is. If he is enjoying something, he won't let go. Literally and figuratively. "We gotta get up before John B."

          "No." He mumbles and rests his chin on her shoulder, hoping to keep her in his arms. If he has to, he'll beg, but he'll only do that if there is no other option. "More sleep."

          Goosebumps travel up and down Casey's body from his breath hitting her neck and his deep morning voice. She knows she should pull away from him right now and get up, but if she is being honest with herself, it is becoming extremely difficult to put up a fight. A voice in the back of her head is telling her to take the argument and let John B find them like this. "Fine." She finally mumbles and turns so she is laying on her back. She is definitely not letting the voice in the back of her head win, but enjoying this moment for a few more moments is not going to kill them. "Five more minutes."

          "Yay." JJ whispers and pulls her closer to himself. He lays his head on her chest and tightens his hold around her, keeping her from even thinking about leaving again. "Sleep."

          Casey shakes her head as she looks down at the boy, who is now pretty much completely on top of her. Never in her wildest dreams would she have thought she would be laying with JJ like this. They have shared a bed, yes, but they have never cuddled. The furthest they have ever gone is Casey resting her head on his shoulder when she is either drunk or needs support, not this. But, that is not going to stop her from enjoying it. This is new, and she loves it. She loves every second of it. So, allowing herself to fall back into the contentment she has been feeling since she woke up, she wraps her arm around him and begins running her fingers through his hair, making him mumble in enjoyment.