1. Pogue Life

Pilot 1.01

No matter what, she is always the one to do crazy things with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We're the Pogues, and our mission this summer is to have a good time all the time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The afternoon sun glares down on the three delinquent boys enjoying their time temporarily squatting in an unfinished Kook mansion on the rich side of the island. John B takes a drink of the cheap beer in his hand as he continues to dangle his foot over the edge of the building he decided to climb while the two boys below him enjoy the slight breeze from the ocean. Pope, checking out some tools left on a workbench and JJ about to finish a beer, sitting on an unsafe scaffolding rig.

"That's uh, what a three story fall to the deck? I give you about a one in three chance of survival?" Pope jokes, squinting as he looks up at the boy from the deck, sarcasm hinting in his voice.

"Mmm," John B starts. He licks his finger and holds it out in front of himself, pretending to test the wind. He looks down at his friend, a slight smile appearing on his face. "Should I do it?"

"Yeah, you should jump." Pope laughs, purposely egging him on. He points the drill gun in his hand at the boy as he continues. "I'll shoot you on the way down."

"You're gonna shoot me?" John B mocks him, pointing finger guns at him. The two's joking manner is quickly interpreted when the remaining Pogues walk out of the house below John B.

"There's gonna be Japanese toilets with towel warmers." Kiara complains, walking out onto the deck, followed by Casey.

"Of course they would, why wouldn't they." JJ adds once the two girls join Pope on the deck. Casey looks around at her friends, shaking her head at the sight of her brother on the roof. A smile appears on her face when her eyes catch her best friend sitting on the edge of a scaffolding rig to the left. She doesn't waste any time heading in the blond boy's direction, already seeing how shaky the rig is but not caring.

"This used to be a turtle habitat." Kiara continues, ignoring the girl climbing the beems like a monkey, purposely pushing the anxiety down as the rig starts to sway. She knows better than to tell Casey not to do something unsafe because the girl will purposefully do it more. "But who cares about the turtles, I guess."

"I care about the turtles, Kiki!" Casey yells, swinging through the last bar, finally making it up to the small wooden platform. Kiara smiles at her, knowing she's not lying. The two girls are constantly talking about the environment when the boys are doing something stupid. Kiara's smile fades when she looks back up at John B, slight concern now creeping onto her face watching him continue to dangle his foot over the edge.

"I can't have cold towels." JJ jokes, taking another drink of his beer. Casey ignores the boy's joke and nudges him with her shoulder as she sits down, grabbing the beer out of his hand. "Really, Case?" JJ asks in a half joking, half irritated way. "Just grab your own."

"You know if my brother saw me reaching for the beers he would say some shit about me being too young." She sarcastically says to him. She looks at the boy for a second before taking a drink, rolling her eyes. "Don't call me that."

"Aren't you only a couple minutes younger than him?" JJ asks, even though he already knows the answer to the question. He looks at her, trying to hide the smile growing on his face while grabbing another beer from the stash next to him. JJ knows however hard he tries, he can never stay irritated at the girl. The smile finally forces its way onto his face as he nudges her back with his shoulder. "Case."