0.4: So, Sorry About Your Mum...?

Start from the beginning

"Of course. Met him...well I'd say a good ten years ago?" She said attempting to think back to when she met him.

"When I ran away to find my brother, yeah." He agreed

"Well never mind that now. You must be hungry."

🐍⚜️🐍

Two Weeks Later

"No! You're doing it wrong

"No! You're doing it wrong." Regulus scoffed as we laid on the floor in the living room coloring pages from my coloring book.

"I'm six! I'm allowed to color outside the lines. You're like 40, you're doing it wrong." I sassed pointing to the face that he colored his frog blue.

"I am not 40!" He quickly argued but a shrugged my shoulders.

"Children, play nice." Nana said walking into the room holding a tray with glasses of lemonade and cookies.

"She stared it." Regulus muttered rolling his eyes.

"I'm six Regulus!" I repeated

"Oh what am I gonna do with the pair of you." Nana sighed before setting the tray on the coffee table and leaving the room as I let out a yawn.

"Wanna watch cartoons?" Regulus asked glancing over at me and I nodded so he quickly put the crayons away. Then he came over and picked me up before moving to sit on the couch as I rested my head against his shoulder.

About five minutes into the Bambi movie he put on, I was asleep.

🐍⚜️🐍

July of 2007

"Reggie? Are you sad?" I asked softly after finding him sitting by himself on the docks

"It's almost my son's birthday." He mumbled looking out at the water instead of at me.

"You have a son?! Can I meet him? Maybe we could be friends!" I gasped excitedly causing Regulus to sigh.

"Remember how I told you about the bad man who did all those bad things? The man I was trying to stop in the cave?" He asked and I nodded. He and Nana had sat me down, not long after Regulus agreed to stay with us.

They told me about an evil wizard who believed he was better than everyone. He wanted to rule the world so people were fighting to stop him before he came back.

"Well, you see...that man. He believed that my son could stop him one day, so while I was out on a supply run he went to my house. My son was there with my husband and our dear friend Lily. That man, well he did a not very nice thing and...I don't really know how to explain it in a way you'd understand." He sighed thinking for a moment. But I understood pretty well what he was saying. I may be seven but, I understood the world pretty well.

"He killed him? The man?" I whispered sadly. I was sad for Regulus, he was hurting and that made me sad.

"Yeah. I came back to find Professor Dumbledore in my house and he told me everyone was gone." Regulus explained before his face was covered in a clouded vacant expression. Nana says I shouldn't bother him when he looks like that. That he's remembering things to make himself happy and I shouldn't disturb him.

So I got up and left. I went in the house to see Nana smiling at the TV. The news was on and I glanced at the screen to see a daily prophet reporter.

The headline at the bottom of the screen read:

'Walburga Black dead at 62'

🐍⚜️🐍

Two days later

Nana had to leave to handle some business, which left Regulus in charge for the weekend

Nana had to leave to handle some business, which left Regulus in charge for the weekend. I didn't mind though, in the time he'd been staying here Reggie had basically become my older brother. Nana isn't very fond of it though, she says his sass is rubbing off on me.

"Ew. That is absolute rubbish." He muttered shaking his head as he spit the tea I made in the sink.

"I'm literally a child. What did you expect? Nana doesn't let me touch the stove when she's around." I sighed looking at the cup in front of me.

"Yeah, a child who's shit At making tea." He sassed before dumping the kettle to make a new batch.

"I will put you back in the water." I threatened, pointing a finger at him with a laugh.

"Not likely." He smiled, glancing over at me before focusing on cleaning the tea kettle.

🐍⚜️🐍⚜️🐍⚜️🐍⚜️🐍⚜️🐍

Sorry the book has been a bit boring, I promise it will pick up within the next few chapters 😅😅