Preparations

It had been 6 days since Percy was brought back and he was finally allowed to start training again. 

Everyone was so happy to see Percy back and okay. It had been hard knowing that their friend and leader had been taken by the enemy. 

No one brought up what he went through. No one mentioned the fact he was tortured. They knew and they respected him that much more. 

They also worried that much more for him. One person could only handle so much. And with Percy being as selfless as he is. Everyone was there to support him if needed. 

Speaking of support, Luke stuck to him like glue. He was not about to let Percy go anywhere with out him. Not until after this war. The only times when Luke wasn't with him was when Annabeth was by his side. 

Chaos had begun to go back and forth between working back home in the palace and checking in with Percy and Luke. 

He had another group of the army on earth to help in the battle to come. He still left two-thirds of the army back at their home planet as security and as back up if needed in the coming days.

They could all feel the impending battle approaching. 

Maybe that was why Percy spent the whole day in the practice arena. Training himself back into shape, teaching his newly healed muscles how far they can go and how strong they were. 

It was late afternoon and the prince was finally satisfied with the progress for the day.

Sweat glistened his forehead and body. His powers had not returned to full strength but he couldn't be happier with how fast his body could heal.

Luke on the other hand was not happy. But he couldn't do anything to stop him so he had joined him in the training.

"Geez Perce. Give yourself a break will you. You are pushing yourself harder than you did back on Chaos' planet." 

"Luke, I'm fine. I know my limits. I will not be unprepared for when Order decides to show his face." Percy's voice turned cold as he spoke, "He will deserve what is coming for him and I will not let anyone else suffer."

Luke stood there a second. Noting how his eyes seemed to pulse with energy just waiting to be released. He sometimes forgot Percy was now the Prince of the Stars and held as much power as Chaos.

"I know. And I won't let him either but if you push yourself to much too soon you won't be helping anyone okay?"

Percy sighed but smiled, "You're right. Come on, let's go. It's almost dinner time anyway." 

Luke smiled right back as the two walked toward the amphitheater.

~~

After dinner the sun was creating it's beautiful golden hour glow as Percy and Annabeth walked along the path to the beach. Both talking about the training the campers were doing and plans for the upcoming battle. Annabeth was explaining in detail one of the plans when she noticed Percy stop. She stopped talking and turned to him. 

His galaxy sea green eyes were scanning the open space of the beach as if reliving the memories. That's when Annabeth noticed where they were. This was where he fought Order and Tartarus alone. 

 "Percy." She spoke softly as she laid a hand on the side of his arm.

That drew him back to reality and he breathed out a heavy breath. 

"I'm okay, come on."

The two continued to the soft, warm sands and sat down. They enjoyed the quiet and peaceful sounds of the waves lapping against the shoreline. Their moment was interrupted by someone clearing their throat. Both looked behind them to find Chaos standing there.