Calm Before the Storm

"You failed me Tartarus. You had a job to do and you didn't do it."

The Primordial was kneeling in from on Order.

"I'm sorry my Lord, he was faster and stronger than I thought."

Order tsked. 

"My Lord, if I could have another chance I promise I won't fail you again."

Order thought for a moment. How they could accomplish their plan.

"I don't have enough power reserved to do this again. You will have one more chance and I will personally be there to guarantee your success."

Tartarus bowed deeply. "Thank you my Lord. I -"

Order interrupted, "this is your last chance. If you are killed again, you will not be getting another body or chance to assist." 

Tartarus paled slightly before nodding in understanding. 

Two sinister looking daggers appeared in front of the Primordial. They were small, perfect for concealing. The hilts were a simple black leather. The double edged blade itself was jagged like broken rock, the edges brittle and thin. 

"They have been forged with a substance long lost to the known world. Once you get a clean shot, take it, they will slowly render him powerless."

A smile formed on the Primordial's face. "It will be a pleasure."

~~

A solid week of training had finally been accomplished. 

Percy dismissed the last group of campers and soldiers for the day, almost dinner time. 

The campers had been working hard and had greatly increased in their skills already. He was proud of them and a relaxing evening was a great way to end the week.

He was heading towards the dinning hall when Luke appeared out of nowhere, swinging an arm around his friend

"Hey Perce! Heading to dinner?"

"Yeah, you going to join?"

"Of course, who do you think I am to pass up food." 

Percy smiled at his friend. 

"Come on then, let's go."

They continued their way to the pavilion. 

Annabeth smiled as she saw them walk in. 

She got up and went over to Percy. Luke let go as Annabeth approached and wrapped him in a warm embrace. 

"Hello you two. What were you goofing off at?" She inquired.

"Nothing, just Luke being his normal self." 

"Hey!" 

Percy laughed as some of the soldiers agreed with him. Luke's face was priceless.

"Okay gentlemen, go to your seats, you are causing a ruckus." Chiron spoke from where he was seated.

Percy kissed Annabeth on the head as he headed to Poseidon's table, Luke and the soldiers joined him. It was the 'chaos' table while they here. Poseidon didn't care, he welcomed them all when they first arrived and used the table. Glad to have Percy back at camp.

~~

Dinner came and went and now the seven, plus some others were hanging out in the Chaos cabin with Percy and Luke.

Percy was lounging in a oversized chair with Annabeth curled up against him. The others were in various positions around the living room.

A large screen was on the wall showing the current match of call and duty between Luke, Nico, Jason and Frank. 

Piper and Hazel were talking amongst themselves about girl things.

Percy looked around the room enjoying their company. It had been a while sense he relaxed like this and even longer with friends. Even some of the army members were warming up to the campers and were getting to know people.

"What are you thinking about?" Annabeth asked, looking up at him.

"You guys." Percy said with a warm smile.

Annabeth hummed and rested her head on his shoulder, rubbing small circles on his chest. 

He closed his eyes and found himself drifting off. 

Luke let out a cry of defeat as he was taken down and Jason let out a loud victorious laugh. Now he just had to take down Nico.

Another hour had passed and it was starting to get late. They would need to leave soon if they didn't want to have to sneak around the harpies to get to their cabins.

Jason spoke up, "we should probably be heading back to our cabins guys. It's getting late."

The group let out sad sighs but knew he was right. 

Piper suddenly let out a quiet squeal of delight. The others looked to her in confusion only to find her looking at Percy and Annabeth. 

Percy was out. His mouth was slightly open and his head was leaning against Annabeth's. He has one wing wrapped around them both. Annabeth was tucked in close, laying there sound asleep as well. 

Everyone just smiled at the scene knowing full well both of them didn't get enough sleep with the nightmares and dreams from Tartarus. 

Hazel walked over to the pair and gently touched Annabeth's shoulder. 

She whispered, "Annabeth, we need to go."

The blonde slowly opened her beautiful grey eyes, waking up from a wonderful nap. She glanced up seeing Hazel standing over her and then looked behind the girl to see her friends by the door waiting. She sat up a little and looked to Percy. He looked so handsome laying there, she thought to herself, and smiled at him. 

She leaned over and gave him a gentle kiss to the cheek before unwrapping herself from his warm wing blanket. 

Luke was then standing next to them. "I'll make sure he gets to bed." Smirking at them.

"Goodnight Luke." Annabeth said. 

"Goodnight guys."

Hazel walked with Annabeth out and the rest followed. 

After the door closed Luke turned to Percy.

He could see the bags under his eyes as he slept. 'How much sleep has he actually been getting?' He decided then to make sure he got at least 6 hours from now on.

He didn't want to wake him but he also didn't want to carry him upstairs to his room...

Luke sighed before placing his hand on his shoulder, shaking it.

"Hey bud, everyone just left for the night. Let's get you upstairs."

Percy's eyes fluttered open. He noticed the empty space beside him and slightly panicked before processing what Luke said. 

"How long was I asleep for?" His voice a little gravelly.

"About an hour and a half. It's almost midnight."

Percy hummed in response as he got up. 

Luke turned the lights off as they walked up the stairs. 

Percy stopped at his door, "Goodnight. See you in the morning Luke."

"Night Perce." Luke said as he continued to his room and closed the door. 

Percy got in bed and stared into the darkness. He had such a wonderful evening but he couldn't push the nagging feeling in the back of his head that something was coming. He thought about messaging Chaos but decided to ignore it until tomorrow and closed his eyes. 

It didn't take long for sleep to consume his thoughts.