Camp Half-blood

It was a regular day when it happened. 

Percy was teaching a sword class when the weather started changing.

Annabeth was on the porch of the big house going over books and plans for future events.

The clouds covered the sky and started turning black. The wind picked up. Campers looking around wearily.

Chiron ordered for everyone to their cabins and the cabin leaders to the big house. Unease in his eyes, feeling this was not some normal storm passing by. 

Annabeth was standing with her fiancé next to Chiron. Percy had proposed less than a month ago. They hadn't even picked a wedding day yet but they couldn't be happier. She noticed him tossing Riptide, in pen form, in his hand. They were all discussing different reasonings behind what was happening. 

"This could just be a storm." Clarisse said, folding her arms over her chest. 

"It sure doesn't feel like it" said Will. 

"Something feels different Children. There is godly power at play here. I can sense it." Chiron said. "I want everyone to stay in their cabins for now until I speak with the gods. Percy, Jason and Nico, you three stay in another cabin with others. I don't want any camper alone."

Everyone nodded.

Suddenly a clap of thunder sounded above. Electricity filled the air. Everyone tensed. 

The ground seemed to shake in response to the thunder. Almost as a warning. 

"The gods seem to be arguing about something intensely..." Chiron spoke. 

"What could they be - " Annabeth was interrupted mid sentence by a flash. 

Everyone could smell the hum of lightning as Zeus appeared, fuming. They all backed away and bowed slightly. 

Chiron stepped forward, coming between the god and the demigods, knowing how unstable the gods can be when angry. "Lord Zeus, what do we owe the pleasure of this visit?" He asked wearily. 

Zeus didn't respond right away as he scanned the demigods faces. Once he found his target his eyes flared with rage.

"Perseus Jackson."

Percy gulped. Not knowing what he did wrong now.

"My Lord, may I ask what you need Percy for?"

"It is none of your concern. I will be taking him Olympus for a trial. A trial to determine his life."

And before anyone could blink or say something, Zeus had vanished and reappeared next to Percy, grabbing him and flashing out.

The big house erupted into chaos. They were instantly asking what Percy had done, trying to figure out what just happened and why. Chiron was at a loss. 'Why would the gods put the young hero on trial? His fatal flaw is loyalty, Percy would never do anything against them.'  

Annabeth was already forming a rescue mission. They formed a group. They were heading to Olympus to save Percy. And within 5 minutes everyone who was going was armed and running toward the boarder to get to the empire state building before it was too late. 

That's when the clouds began to blacken. Thunder rolled and lightning flashed. The earth was shaking again and you could see the waves crashing onto the shores of the lake. 

You could feel the clash between the gods. Oh what the mortals were experiencing right now.

Annabeth was at the front of the group, sprinting to the top of the hill. Until she crashed into something hard and fell backwards to the ground.

"Annabeth! Are you okay?" Piper asked, reaching out her hand to help her up.

'What?' she thought dazed for a moment. She reached her hand out. The camp's border had solidified. Her palm was pressed against it. None of them could get through. 

There was chaos happening around her as the others starting trying to break through. She started to bang on the barrier. Tears filling her eyes as she fought against it. 

'No, no, no... Percy!' She pulled out her knife and started slashing the barrier. Nothing worked as tears filled her eyes more, pounding on it with her fists. 

Chiron was wearing battle gear and was trying to contact the gods through an iris message but nothing was going through.

Jason had flown into the skies to try and get through but only found the same.

Nico was trying to shadow travel out.

What they didn't know is was what the god of the sea was just forced to do. 

That's when the earth shook with such force some of the demigods were stumbling. Cabins were shaking. Trees were falling and the ocean seemed to turn black. You could almost feel the anger of the sea. The sky turned even darker as electricity filled the air and lightning flashed more. The sky and the sea seemed to be at war.

Annabeth slide down the barrier. Tears streaming down her face. Praying for someone to protect Percy.... he was innocent. 'Please be okay Percy...'

In that moment Artemis flashed in, golden ichor splattered on her armor. Thalia and her hunters behind her.

"Chiron, my hunters will remain here until further notice. Protect them. Put all the campers in the big house if possible. I have strengthened the barrier and added a shield on the big house. Don't let any god in until I return. There is war on Olympus."

Chiron nodded before running to gather the campers not inside. 

"Where is Percy?!" Annabeth asked through sobs, still on the ground. The others were around her. 

Artemis looked at the girl with a deep and sad expression. 

"I don't know.... I told him to run." And with that she was gone. Back to Olympus. 

The remaining demigods grabbed Annabeth by the arm and pulled her to the big house. Knowing there was nothing they could do until the barrier was taken down.

~~

Red and black eyes swirled in the darkness while watching the events unfold. His influence over the king of the gods was easy to hold. His hate towards that demigod was so strong. He wanted to distract the gods. He was planning to end this planet. It would start to draw attention. He wanted Chaos.

He was going to rule. 'It will finally be my turn in the light...' he thought. Turning from the chaos he just caused and releasing his hold on the god of the sky. 

~~

If he would have watched a bit longer he would have seen the being he was after. He would have noticed what happened to the random demigod the god of the sky hated so much. 

That was his first mistake.