A Feeling

It took a week before Zeus had chilled enough for Artemis to return to camp. 

Poseidon had wrecked havoc on any god who was agreeing with Zeus. Let's just say it wasn't pretty. Zeus himself disappeared for a few days to heal...

The other gods such as Hestia, Artemis, Hermes and a few others made sure no one killed each other. It was chaos that lasted at least a whole day and no one really knew what to do after it ended other than to part ways until the air seemed to clear. Zeus vanished to his palace, and with him gone, the other gods stopped fighting as well. 

Poseidon instantly tried to find Percy. but he could no longer sense him due to Percy not being his 'son' anymore... 

Artemis returned to camp to retrieve he hunters and look for Percy as well. 

Everyone wanted to know what happened so she told them.

The remaining of the Seven and the cabin leaders were instantly on their feet planning search parties and teams to send out to look for Percy. 

Within two days they has found the trail Percy left behind. Small drops of dried blood remained on a few leaves. But that was all they found.

They were clueless to what happened to their hero, their friend, and feared the worst.

But they wouldn't give up. 

Especially Annabeth.

She went on. She had her moments but she had to be strong for Percy. She didn't know where he was or what state he might be in after being disowned by his father. But she was going to find him. 

~~ 

A month had gone by. Still no leads. 

Then things turned south even more.

The monsters began attacking mortals and quests were sent to take down groups of monsters. As attacks increased, camp started training even more. 

Chiron could feel it and so could the gods. 

Another war was coming. 

They had no prophecy. No idea who or what what coming. 

But something was coming. 

And with Percy missing still things were not looking bright. But that only increased their resolve. 

Camp was their home. This was their family. And they would do everything in their power to find Percy and protect their home.

~~

The gods had yet to meet as a whole since the incident but an emergency meeting was called when Hades alerted the other gods to the monsters reforming faster than ever. Tartarus was not holding on to them as it should... 

As Zeus flashed in the gods looked on wearily, waiting for Poseidon to arrive. The god of the sea flashed in and a few gods held pity in their eyes. The sea god looked awful. He looked dull, exhausted and worn down, nothing like the beaming care-free god they knew. Zeus just looked like his normal grumpy self. Not caring at all about the pain and suffering he had caused. 

Though, deep down, Zeus knew he was in the wrong. He felt it but his pride would never allow him to apologize for what he did. Poseidon would get over it eventually. 

"We need to form a plan." Athena said. 

"And what would you suggest?" Barked Ares.

Artemis spoke up, "We need to figure out who our enemy is first. We can't just form a plan before we know who we are fighting. All we can do right now is prepare and keep an eye out. The campers at both camps have increased their training sessions. My hunters and I are scouting all over to find any clues. If we hear something we will report it."

Athena nodded.

Some other gods agreed as well and with that the meeting ended. 

Some of the Olympians just left while a few lingered. Poseidon just sat in his throne, zoned out, not even noticing when the meeting was over. Hestia approached and laid a hand on his shoulder. 

"We will find him. Hades said his soul has not entered the underworld so there is hope." 

Poseidon looked up and met her golden amber eyes, full of warmth. He gave her a small smile, "thank you Hestia."

~~ 

"Annabeth?" 

Piper and Hazel were at the door of the Athena Cabin. 

It had been two days since they had seen their friend. She did this often. Hide away in her cabin and not come to meals. They would bring her some food when she missed it but sometimes they would find it untouched. 

Malcom answered the door. 

"Hey guys, come on in." They following him to the back of the cabin to Annabeth's spot. "She had more nightmares last night." He informed them before they got within earshot. 

"Annabeth, Hazel and Piper are here to see you." 

She was curled up on her bed, facing the wall where photos of her and Percy filled most of it. There were other photos of the others but not as many.

"Go away, I'm not in the mood to talk or hang out."

Hazel was instantly sitting beside her. Piper remained standing near the bottom of the bed. 

"Annabeth we know this is hard for you. And we know we can't relate but we are still here for you. You can come to us for anything." Hazel said softly.

Annabeth rolled over. They could see the distant look in her eyes that normally only Percy could clear. "I know.... the nightmares hit hard last night and... and he isn't here." She whispered the last bit but they understood. Tears threatened to fall as Hazel wrapped her arms around her. 

"It's okay. How about we just take a walk. You don't have to talk to us. But some fresh air and food will at least ease some of the thoughts. Hhm?" 

Piper grabbed her hand and as they got her to stand she gave them a grateful smile. 

"Thank you guys. I don't know what I would do without you."

"Hey, this is what friends are for!!" Piper chimed in. "Plus we can't have you starving yourself. Percy would kill us when he gets back!"

"Yeah he wouldn't be happy about that." Hazel commented.

"I know.... my mind just gets a little overwhelmed sometimes. With the nightmares, planning war strategies plus trying to find him.... I just get in these moods. Don't tell him about these moments. Please." 

"Only if you start eating regularly again...." Piper bargained. 

Annabeth smirked. "I promise." Knowing full well Percy would be livid if he ever found out she skipped a few meals because of him. 'But then again, he would just blame himself.' She thought sadly. 

'Oh seaweed brain, where are you?'