Meeting

To say Percy didn't get any sleep would be an understatement. He was distracted by the stars outside his window. And once he did try and sleep, it would lead to nightmares. So he just gave up on sleeping. He didn't want to remember his family at the moment as bad as that sounded. The memories were just to fresh. 

As the sky started brightening and the stars began to fade slightly Percy got out of bed. His closet was full of different attire and he realized some of the outfits were formal while others were just casual things like black jeans and random t-shirts. One that caught his eye was something that reminded him of what a trained assassin might wear but fancy. It was all black but had stunning accents of gold and silver throughout. It matched his crown he was supposed to wear perfectly. It also had a cloak attached to it. He groaned. 'Totally one of the pieces Chaos will make me wear.' He opted for a more casual attire with flexible black pants and shirt for his first day of training. He stumbled around trying to get used to his wings still but by the time Chaos knocked on his door he was comfortable enough to move easily with them. 

Chaos looked over the boy as he opened the door. Noting the color under his eyes, indicating no  rest was achieved. 

"Good morning Percy. How are you feeling?"

Percy looked up at the man waiting for him. "I feel okay. Ready to start training for sure."

Last night, Chaos kept Percy from the rest of the army and dining hall. He hadn't been introduced to anyone yet and he knew Percy wasn't ready for that either. This morning would be the same. Until he met with Luke.

"After breakfast I will introduce you to my commander and then the army. I want you to wear your mission attire and crown for the army's introduction. It will make it more formal." Smirking.

"What!? Why?! I thought you didn't like formalities!" 

"That doesn't mean they are not necessary for events such as this. You are a new commander! Plus my son! You need a proper introduction!"

Percy just sulked slightly, knowing he would have to get used to it as he followed Chaos to a small room with a kitchen where they ate dinner last night.

~~

"The infirmary for the army is a floor down and my office is on the top floor. The training rooms are spread out over the palace. We have many different rooms to help with different specialties. My room is right down the hall from yours. And the only other person who stays on this floor is the commander. And you already know the lounge down the hall where our personal kitchen and dining area is  incase you don't want to eat with the army in the dining hall."

Percy nodded taking in the information as they headed towards Chaos' office. 

No matter where Percy turned the palace was beautiful and open with castle style windows everywhere so it felt mixed with the sky itself. He was lost at admiring he didn't even realize Chaos had stopped walking. Using his wings to help stop his momentum he kept himself from running right into Chaos. If the immortal noticed he didn't react.

"Welcome to my office." Chaos said as he opened the door and stepped in. 

The first thing Percy noticed was the shape of the room. It was circular, built in openings to the outside scattered around the whole room with small balconies. You could see everything from any angle. There was a fire place centered on the back wall with a little seating section. It looked cozy yet magnificent at the same time. Chaos' desk was in the center of the room; filled with papers just like how Percy saw it yesterday in his room. 

"I wanted to be able to work and still enjoy the beauty of the universe around me so I made this room my office. No one from the army comes up here but the commander. You are free to be in here any time."