Chapter 12

*Connie's POV*

I woke up right beside my best friend- no, girlfriend, Sasha. (Without tier 15) She was still fast asleep. I thought she looked adorable when she was drooling.

I slowly woke her up by whispering at her ear, "wake up, you asshole..."

She immediately got up and aimed the gun at me in startle and panted hardly, "Who dare called me asshole?"

She sighed in relief when she found out I was the on who woke her up as she covered herself with the blanket, "Babe, never call me asshole..."

"Oh so now you're calling me babe right after you aimed a gun on top of my forehead?" I asked in sarcasm.

"Yeah, we're dating, right? Or was I just so high and excited, that I became drunk and just imagined the situation I just had last night?"

I smiled, "that was real. Hallucinations aren't that extreme, are they?"

She sighed in relief again, "Oh thank god, if it wasn't real, I'd die of awkwardness and full embarrassment."

I laughed at her silliness, "Hey how about we go on a walk together, just you and me?"

She nodded proudly. She told me she was going to take a shower and went inside the bathroom. I headed downstairs to get some decent breakfast, bacon omelet.

I took it from the refrigerator and put it in the microwave. I waited for it, and then it finally finished. I took it out of the microwave and began eating it on the breakfast table.

I noticed Jean was glancing at me, smirking.. At first, I had no idea what his problem was, but then I realized it, and I told him,

"Go ahead. Tease me all you want because you finally got what you were expecting."

"Huh? I wouldn't do that. I'm an idiot, but I'm not stupid..." He muttered in his breath.

My eyes shrunk confusingly, "Heh?"

"Oh. Since like what you said, we finally got what we wanted, our mission's over. So we won't even bother teasing you guys anymore."

My eyes widened as he said what he just said, "Really?"

"Yup." He nodded, "But I suggest letting Sasha find out about this on her own, okay?"

"Since you're not Augustus and I'm definitely not Hazel, I will just nod." I nodded just like I said so and rushed upstairs.

When I went upstairs and opened the door to the room. I smiled as I saw Sasha, with the same dress she wore on our first date.

"Ready to go?" She asked.

I nodded as a reply, "Yup."

We both went outside the house, holding hands. Unlike Sasha, who apparently looked shocked about the fact no one was making love signs at her, I laughed in my mind as she asked,

"Why do you think they're leaving us alone now? They've been so hung up on teasing us when we were still friends, why stop when it's already begun?"

I raised my shoulders carelessly, "Meh, they might've gotten over it."

She burst in laughs, "well that's a relief, finally we can get some peace for the very first time."

There was a small moment of peaceful silence, that was then ended a few seconds later,

"What's the season?" I ask her.

She looked at me with a reply, "Summer. If we still had school, we'd be prancing in freedom."

"How about we take a walk at the beach?" I suggested, plastering another grin.

"Sure. I'd like that." She smiled back.

*at the beach*

"Wow, this beach has much more heat than the beach we have in Shiganshina." Sasha exclaimed as we gazed at the entrance of the beach.

I laughed, "You know, we will miss a whole day on the beach if you just keep talking and not walking."

She placed her arms on her hips in pride, saying in impression, "Wow, that's literally the best thing you have ever said all day."

I shrugged positively while walking past her and entering the beach. She shouted "Wait for me!" And chased me.

I formed a smirk and ran as fast as I could, away from Sasha. I could still hear the footsteps chasing after me, I suddenly tripped on something which caused me to fall. Sasha shrieked, "FREEDOM!!" She then leaped on me, and made me scream in pain while laughing.

She helped me up and rubbed my shirt from the sand that was staining it. Then she cleaned her own dress after.

"I'm bored." She pouted, "I wanna do something fun."

"How about...burying each other with sand, how does that sound?"

"Sure!" She cheered, "As long as I go first."

"It shall be my honor." I said sarcastically.

I took piles and piles of sand and placed it on Sasha's legs while she sat down, trying to avoid herself from swaying her legs.

After a while, she told me, "Okay, love. You can stop now."

I ignored her and continued piling sand on her legs. She laughed, "I said stop, you jerk!" She face palmed me, making me fall to the sea.

I got up and buried my face in laughs. Sasha began laughing as well, at least much louder than me. I took both her arms and pulled her with me. I went to the deeper part of the sea and began spinning her.

And then I threw her back to the shore. I covered my mouth and apologized, "I swear on my mother's name, I didn't mean that."

She cackled almost like Hange. She ran to me and carries my smaller body, throwing me the same way I did to her. She ran and sat beside me.

"This was fun, am I right?" She asked.

"Yeah." I nodded. "Maybe we shouldn't be very much like a couple. We can have fun, like we did as best friends."

"Sure." She agreed, "It was the best being best friends, maybe it could be better than best if we were more than that."

We both gazed at the sea. It wasn't sunset, only noon. She rested her head at my shoulder, muttering,

"I love you."

I grasped her hand, answering, "I love you too."

"I love you more." She snickered

"I love you most." I smirked in a competitive tone.

"I love you more than most."

I finally ended our little competition, "I love you most of the most."

She didn't reply to that, she just said, "I know you do."

I smiled, "And I always will."

She elbowed my arm with her left with a giggle, "Will you stop being so cheesy!"

"Okay okay!" I laughed.