Chapter 17

"Good morning!" Trevor says jumping onto my bed before getting up and jumping on jamies bed that was in the opposite corner. "Morning."

           I slowly get up rubbing my eyes as I remember yesterday. I was at Luke's lake house and I would be here for the whole week. I wanted to scream. I wanted to scream even more when I made my way downstairs and I found a girl latched to Luke's side.

           "Lukey who is that?" The girl asked pointing at me and hearing the nickname only Quinn and Jack used for Luke made me want to barf. Everyone knew that was only for the brothers.

            "That's some friend my brother invited," Luke says before turning the opposite way of me. 'Some friend' I scoff as I walk to the kitchen to grab some coffee. I'm not gonna let him get to me. I came to this lake house to have some fun and hang out with friends.

        "Good morning!" Trevor says screaming in my ears as his arms wrap around my waist hugging me in his overly affectionate way. "Morning."

        I pour the coffee Mrs.Hughes had made at some point this morning into my cup. I chug more than half of it like it's some drug that will wash away the last 24 hours.

       "That's disgusting." Says Jamie as he shoves Trevor away from where he stood beside me. "Hey!" Trevor yells shoving Jamie back who just laughs barely even budging.

"You should put some sugar and cream in your coffee." Jamie says more of a statement instead of a suggestion. "No thanks Jay. I'll stay with this." I say taking another swig of the coffee letting the hot liquid burn my throat.

"Stop." Trevor says immediately grabbing the coffee from my hand and holding it from my reach. This is something both Trevor and Jamie were good at. They always watched out for me which I appreciated.

        Trevor starts blowing softly on the coffee trying to get it to cool down before he handed it to me. "Do you want to get ready and go down to the dock with me a Trevor?" Jamie asked as he got himself a cup of coffee.

         "Not yet. I wanna go out on the balcony and read for a bit then Ill be down." I say to him as Trevor hands me back the coffee with a kiss on my head. "Thanks Trey."

         I go to head upstairs as eyes pierce the back of my head. I know there Lukes so I never look back. I just keep heading up the stairs as fast as I can. "Good morning sweetheart."

         Mrs.Hughes was heading down the stairs as I finally make it to the top. "Good morning." I say with a smile as I head to my room to grab my book then head out onto the second floor balcony.

         The peacefulness is my favorite part about reading and mornings. You get taken to a whole new world in a book and you get to forget everything that's happening around you. I love it.

         "Can I join you?" Says Quinn as he closes the door behind him holding a matching coffee cup to mine and a book. "Sure."

         We sit in silence as we continue to read. After awhile Quinn sighed from beside me setting his book down. I could feel his eyes on me as I finish my page and close the book.

"What's up with you and Luke?" Quinn asked jumping straight to the problem. "What?" I asked shocked that he knew anything.

"I saw how you reacted earlier when Luke said you were jacks friend. So what happened?" Quinn asked his tone being almost harsh. "Um.. nothing."

"Are you her?" He asked his tone becoming over protective as he spoke. "Her?" "The girl from about a year ago?"

        I didn't know how to respond to the question. How did he know? How did he remember that? "How do you know about that?" It was pointless to act like I wasn't her when it was so obvious.

"He never left his room. He didn't eat or sleep for weeks it felt like years. Not until Jack came home one day and forced him too. I don't know much but I know it was about a girl and that he was heartbroken." Quinn says wincing at having to remember such a low time in his brothers life.

I stayed quiet not knowing exactly how to respond to what Quinn just told me. "Look he was in love with you. I don't know what happened for sure but I know both of you guys are hurt and this week is gonna be the best opportunity for you guys to talk about."

He stood up before I could respond and walked inside. My thoughts jumbled as I say out in the balcony staring at the lake. Trevor, Jamie, Luke, No name girl, Jack, Kat, and Cole were all already down at the lake.

I don't know how long I sat there but I wasn't taken out of my thoughts until Trevor came up to the balcony. "Hey come eat lunch." He says his hand placing on my shoulder comforting me.

"C-Can you bring me some please Trey." I say not wanting to face Luke just yet. I feel horrible for no reason. Maybe it's because I love him or maybe it's because I pity what he went through. I just kept repeating he put himself in this position to myself.

"Colt?" Jamie says walking over to me Trevor closely behind. "Jay.." I say just before tears start falling down myself.

"Hey what's wrong?" Jamie says as he bends down and pulls me into a hug. "I don't even know." I say sobs cutting through the sentence as I spoke.

Jamie pulls me down on the floor with him letting my body lay on top of his as Trevor joined us on the floor rubbing my back slowly. "It's gonna be ok colt. Whatever is wrong Jimmy and I are always gonna be here for you if you ever want to talk."

Authors note

I just started re reading the book and let me tell you guys. So much of this book is wrong that I have to go back and edit so much 😭