Chapter 11

Make me (cry)
Noah Cyrus

READ THIS
I changed a scene in chapter 9 and I recommend going back to read it because the scene is a big part of a chapter in a few days :)

Kats mom had died a month after we moved. We stayed with Kats dad instead of moving back to New Jersey. Jack visited Kat almost every weekend and during the summer he would go back and forth between our house and his lake house.
Jack tried his best to avoid talking about Luke when around me. I appreciated it a lot and I could tell he really cared.
"Hey Colt." Jack had said as I walked into the living room early that morning. "Good morning." I said yawning and rubbing the crud out of my eyes.
"How are you?" Kat asked as I finally came into view. "I'm good." I say to her as I plop down on the couch near her.
"Are you feeling ok? Your really pale." Kat said sitting up away from jack. "Uh yeah." I say as I sit for a second making sure I was.
"Ok." Kat says as silence consumes the room. The tv played scooby doo which I'm sure Jack choose. I check my phone looking at comments on my newest post which was a picture of Kat and I at the end of Hamilton. We were still working Broadway during the summer. Every weekend we would fly somewhere knew to perform.
I had grown a pretty big following this year. I was able to now live off of TikTok views and just posting on TikTok. It's not a lot of money but it would be enough to get by. Kat had also grown too she had more followers than me since alot of people followed for updates on jack and hers relationship which they didn't post about alot.
"Do you guys want some coffee? I think I'm gonna get Dunkin." I say as I pull up grub hub. "Yes please. I want my usual."
"Ok.." I say putting down her order and then putting down mine. I look over at jack who is smiling at Kat playing with our husky. We had gotten a dog after her mom died. It helped a lot with Kats grieving. The dogs name was Ace.
"I'll get what she's getting." Jack says and I nod going to put down our orders. My card had been wiped from the system so I had to get up. When I stood up though I felt a sudden wave of nausea and everything goes black.
"Colt!" I hear Kat say as I open my eyes. I'm now on the couch and jack and Kat are hovering over me. Ace laid beside me with his nose just under my jaw.
I go to say something but I can't catch my breath. I know I look panicked when jacks arms wrap around me and I'm being carried to the car. There yelling words back and forth at each other but I can't hear over my breathing.
Kat sat in the back seat with me brushing her fingers through my hair. I start to see black dots as it gets harder to breathe. Soon my vision was completely gone and I felt hands holding my head up.

I woke to a new voice in my room. A boy who was talking to Jack. "Hey." I say my voice raspy as I pick my head up from the pillow looking around.
"Colt!" I hear Kat say as jack is standing up and Kat is scooting closer. "I'm gonna go get the nurse." Jack leaves quickly while I look over the room.
A dirty blonde haired boy sat in the corner. I stare at him for a second before looking at Kat with a questioning look. "Thats Trevor. He brought jack and I food."
"Oh.. thank you for taking care of them." I say to Trevor who just smiles and opens his mouth before closing it then opening it again. "Anything for Jack."
"How are you feeling?" Kat says gaining my attention again. "Good." I say keeping it simple as I mess with the oxygen tube taped to my face.
"Are you hungry?" Asked Kat as she held my hand messing with one of my rings. "Yeah.." I say to her as I stared at the tv playing SpongeBob in front of me.
"If the doctor says you can eat. Well grub hub you some food." Kat says but is cut off at the end. "I'll go grab you some. Just text me your order and I'll go get it."
Trevor was now sat at the edge of his seat his attention on Kat and I. "One time my roommate Jamie was brought into the hospital because of his shoulder and he got food poisoning from the hospital food. Like isn't that crazy the hospital is suppose to make you feel better not worse."
Kat and I laugh at how Trevor moved his hands when he talked and used facial features like he was a cartoon character. He seemed like a really cool guy as we sat in the hospital.
The doctor came in a told me later that day that tomorrow I could be released and that I had very low red blood cells when I pasted out. That means that I wasn't getting enough oxygen in my body. He told me I'd have a check up in one month, six months and than a year.
Trevor became our really close friend and during the season when Jack had games and Kat would fly to them he would come over and give me company. Most of the time he had a game so I'd go watch his game and then Jamie and him would come over and spend the night or I'd go over to theres.
       "Good afternoon my favorite hoes." I said as I stepped into Trevor and Jamie's house using the key they had given me. "Hi Colt."
       "What's up freckle boy." I say walking over to Jamie and kissing him on the cheek. "Nothing much. Just cooking dinner so we can eat while watching jacks game."
        "Sounds good." "COLT! " Trevor yells as he turns the corner and wraps his arms around me. "TREY!" I yell as I'm thrown over Trevor's shoulders and brought to the living room.
        "So I was thinking we eat while watching the game then after we put on Harry Potter and eat some pop corn and you can spend the night." Trevor says his body laying on top of mine.
        "Sounds good to me as long as I can wear yours and Jamie's clothes." I say to him and he just rolls his eyes. Jamie's scent was sweet like lavender and sage and then Trevor's was more of a nature scent like cedar wood and mint.
          The two smells separate we're ok and would always remind me of them but together the smell was almost comforting almost reminding me of home.
        "Deal! I'll go grab some now." Trevor says getting up and running into his room. Five minutes later Jamie's walking in with a plate of food and Trevor is running out of his room, shoving Jamie out of the way and up the stairs to Jamie's room.
        "Slow down Z your gonna hurt your self asshole." Jamie yells as Z disappears up the stairs. Jamie hands me to plate of food before turning around. "You didn't have to Jay I could've made my own plate."
        "Your welcome!" He yells as he enters the kitchen I laugh a little before responding. "Thank you!"
       "Here you go." Trevor says as he hands the clothes to me and sits down out of breath. "Thank you." I say getting up and kissing him on the forehead before going to the bathroom.
       The clothes Trevor had given me were his flannel pants that had a Anaheim ducks logo on one leg that he had gotten from the NHL website and then Jamie's grey sweatshirt that had their logo and his number on the front.
       It was definitely his rookie hoodie because of the number 34 that sat on top of it. I smiled as I threw the clothes on and headed back out into the living room where Jamie and Trevor sat with a space for me to sit in between them.
       I sit down and we turn on jacks game warms up had just started so we all send him a good luck text in our group with Kat and him. Jack right before the game sent us a thank you message before turning his phone off.

AUTHORS NOTE
I still have writers block..
But I'm trying my best to post.
I got a job and have been very busy
Thank you for 4K reads!!