Chapter 8

Blue
Zach bryan

Today is the day that Luke has his first NHL Debut. Throughout the day I could tell Luke was anxious. He bit his nails, his lips had slowly cracked open from him chewing on them, and he was always fidgeting either with my hand, his phone, a pen, or my hair he was always fidgeting.
       Nico and Jack tried there best to keep him calm through the day but nothing stopped Luke from getting in his head. Tonight I decided on wearing Luke's red Jersey. I didn't wear the double one because I knew Luke needed the support all the way and I could tell he liked me in just his jersey.
        "Your worried." Kat says as we drove to the stadium the boys had already been at for a few hours. "Obviously I'm worried. Luke's having his debut today and it's making me so nervous. I just want him to do good. How are you not nervous?! If Jack gets one point today he breaks the record for most points in a New Jersey devils season. Like that's amazing for Jack and I really want him to get it. Also they need to win tonight to go into playoffs-" I cut myself off realizing I'm rambling.
        Kats silent as she just runs had hand over my hand with an almost pitiful smile. "Colt.. you need to calm down. It'll be fine. Like will play amazing and Jack will and I quote 'Break that bad boy'" Kat says and I laugh as she mentions jacks interview from the last home game.

       The stadiums sold out which makes me even more nervous as we take our spots next to the bench. We sit for a bit waiting for the game to start but as I'm going to talk to Kat my phone goes off.
      "Luke just texted me." I inform Kat as I unlock my phone to look at what he said. "What'd he say?"
       "He asked me to meet him in the tunnel." I say getting up as I send him an ok and I put down my jacket I've run chair.
        I walk towards behind the bench where the boys come out and I can see that the team was slowly filing out of the locker room.
       Luke stood next to a few of the guys and I'm stuck behind a barrier between fans and the players. Luke is quick to spot me. He walks over and pulls me into a hug.
      But instead of fully hugging me he pulls me over the barrier and onto there side. I can hear some of the fans go silent as they watch our interaction.
     "Hey. You ok." I say as Luke pulls me into a hug again. "Yeah. I just wanted to see you." He says and I pull away from his neck looking up at him.
     He kisses me infront of all the fans and I can hear everything go silent except for one voice. "Get a room guys." Jack had come out of the locker room and now stood behind Luke looking at us.
     "Shut up." I say shoving jack back at bit as Nico joins us. "Luke you basically just told the whole world about you and Colt. We're you sure you wanted to do that?" Nico whispers to us.
      "I don't care. I- I just needed to see her and I couldn't go anywhere private." Luke says and Nico just nods giving us a hug before pushing us away from the crowd that was now filming us.
     "We'll cover you guys from the fans. Do whatever you guys need to do so Luke won't be nervous but you've only got five minutes and then your gonna have to go Colt." Nico says before turning around and grabbing some of the guys so there making a wall around us.
      I laugh as Luke pulls me in closer and kisses me on the forehead. "I don't know what I'd do without you, blue."
     "You'd probably be so depressed without me." I say with sarcasm lacing my voice. "Hey.. just play your game ok? You get on that ice and you play as hard as you can. Stay calm and don't make dumb decisions. Be patient because once you step off of that ice at the end of the game you need to make sure you leave all 'what if's on that ice and you leave with knowing what you can do to better the team." I say to him and he just smiles at me nodding.
     "Thank you." He says as he lays his head on mine. "For what? I didn't do anything."
      "For making me feel better. Like I actually deserve to be here." Luke says and I feel bad that he thinks he doesn't deserve to be here. "You deserve to be here Luke you've fought for this so don't worry about those small things. Go out there and show them who you are not who they think you are." I say to him giving him a kiss before I pull out of the hug.
      "Have fun on your rookie lap. Make sure not to fall." I say to him as I slip through the wall of hockey players. "I won't."
     This time I don't have to be lifted over the wall a worker opens the gate for me and I just slip through. I head back to Kat and immediately stop in my tracks when I see the person who is sitting next to me.
     Zander and Violet. I think I might vomit as I sit down next to Kat who looks at me and mouths sorry. I just shrug as the stadium goes dark.
    Once Luke's on the ice Kat and I stand up cheering for him and yelling as the rest of the stadium joins us. As he skates by Kat and I he hits the glass with his glove lightly.
      The boys warm up as Kat and I just watch them talking every so often. "So are you guys here because of Jack and Luke or Nico?" Zander says from by me looking at Kat and I.
      "We're here for both." I say to him trying to keep the conversation short. "Oh well I'm here because I wanted to see how good of a hockey player my replacement is."
     The shots harsh and annoying as his arm makes it's way around my chair. "Fuck off." I say to him as I turn my head towards Kat whose looking up at the Jumbotron.
     The screen was showing a kiss cam. The camera was pointed toward Zander and I and I scoot away from him. The crowd gets louder as I see Luke beginning to skate over to us.
     Zander starts to lean in as I start to back away. "Back the fuck off!" I hear Luke yell from the other side of the glass. He bangs the glass multiple times as Nico and Jack have both skated over.
     I stand up quickly and turn around. Shoving off Luke's jersey to the camera and Kat points to the number. Kat gets up and grabs our stuff as Nico motions for us to follow him. Nico is able to persuade Coach Ruff to let us sit on the bench again.
     Even though Nico didn't have to do much persuading because when we made it to Coach Ruff he was already cursing out one of the camera guys.

     The game went amazing. The boys won the game and Jack had scored the last point meaning he broke the record. Luke kissed me as he came out of the locker room.
      He was glowing from happiness. He played amazing and everyone knew it. The night ended with a night of celebration. Luke and I stayed sober while Nico, Kat and Jack all got drunk out of there minds.
      It wasn't that hard because Jack was a layback drunk. He kinda just sat there staring off into space so all Luke and I had to worry about was Nico and Kat.
      "Ok kids let's go inside." I say opening the back door to my car catching Nico as he fell out onto me. "Ok come
On." Luke says grabbing Nico who leans onto him as I help Kay from the middle seat.
     "Colt. Carry meee." Kat says whiny as she holds out her arms. I grab ahold of her and she wraps her legs around my waist.
     "I love you Colt." Kat says as she lays her head in the crook of my neck. "Love you too Kat." "And I think that Luke is great for you. I really like him." It's just above a whisper but I know Luke heard by the way he stopped for a second infront of me.

Authors note
I hope you guys enjoyed :)
I've got 3 more days of vacation left
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 950 READS!
love you guys <3