Chapter 16

I stayed in my seat as Trevor rushed to the trunk quickly grabbing bags from the back. The house was ginormous and more than 5 cars were already there.
      The door to the front of the house opened and out came Jack with a curious Kat behind him. I smile at my best friend. I see what Trevor had wanted to do but it's obvious no one else knew about his idea because Jack would've shut it down immediately.
      "Colt?!" Kat said obviously excited to see me but confused as to why I'm here. "Kat!" I say putting on a smile  as my stomach twist in knots.
      I get out of the car and I hug Kat tightly. "I missed you." I say to her as she just hugs me tighter. "What are you doing here?!"
      "I-" "Shes been moping around ever since you've been gone so I decided I'd bring her here since Jamie and I were also leaving to come here." Trevor says cutting me off before I could respond.
      "Hey colt." Jack says his voice lacing with sympathy as Kat and I pull apart and he pulls me in. "Hey J." I say ad I bury my head into his chest and he rubs my back.
      Jack acts like my bigger brother all the time and this was one of the simple acts he does that makes me feel better about everything.
     "Colt?" Says the one voice I never want to hear. "Luke." I say turning around and waving at him so Trevor wouldn't know anything is up.
       "You already know Luke?! Great that just means I need to introduce you to Ellen, Jim ,and Quinn." Trevor said wrapping his arm around me as he dragged me to the house not giving me time to even look at Luke.
"Ok so this is the living room and the kitchen. Where momma Ellen spends most of her time." Trevor says pointing at an older women who was gorgeous. I knew who she was since Luke had introduced me to her.
"Ellen this is Colton." Trevor says walking us closer as he gained the women attention. "Hi it's so nice to meet you." I say smiling at her hoping she wouldn't recognize me.
"Likewise." She said smiling back at me not recognizing. Which was probably for the best since if she did know she'd probably kick me out.
Trevor introduced me to everyone else and we began to unpack. I shared a room with Trevor and Jamie. Three separate full sized beds sat in corners of the room all.
        Trevor bounced at the door as I kept unpacking. Trevor had thrown his bags down and now was standing there staring at me. "Go. I'll be fine to unpack by myself."
        With that Trevor was gone stomping down the stairs while lightly giggling to himself like a little kid. I slowly unpacked taking in the room I'm in. It was obviously meant for multiple people to stay in. The walk in closet sat just beside Trevor's bed while the door was beside Jamie's. My bad sat push up against the wall away from the door.
Pictures of older years from the lake were scattered around the room one in particular though was the one that sat just above my bed. It was an older picture a group of kids I assumed to be their cousins.
Jack was on the opposite end of Quinn and Luke his arms slung around two other kids younger than him. Quinn stood next to Luke with a kid on his shoulders who was a couple years younger than him.
Then there was Luke he seemed maybe in his preteens during this picture. A girl was slung around his back and he wore a Michigan hockey shirt I'm guessing was one of his brothers because it was a little bigger on him.
"What are you doing here?" I heard a voice from behind me the voice I had been dreading. "Why are you here? To get back at me? To show me what I missed? Why?"
He was mad, really mad. "You think I want to be here?! Trevor did this so I wouldn't be alone for the summer. I didn't know he was planning this." I say my voice already sounding defeated but like just laughs like I had planned this the whole time.
"I would rather be at home right now than be here with you." I say before walking out of the room to find Kat who was sat on the couch with Quinn and Jack.
I sat down beside Quinn who was watching a hockey game on his computer. "Is this old?" I ask him as I sit down a look at the screen.
"Yeah I'm just rewatching it." Quinn says turning the computer so I can see more of it. "I love Vancouver! There my favorite team." I say to him and he turns to me smiling.
"Colt did I not tell you Quinn plays on the Canucks?" Jack says from the other side of the couch. He was wrapped around Kat who laid in between his legs.
"Nope." I say wanting to say 'you avoid the topic of your brothers around me' but I decided against it. "So the Canucks you like it there?" I say turning the Quinn.
"Yeah everyone on the team is amazing." Quinn says smiling back as he leans back into the couch. "Well I guess I'm gonna have to come to a game or a few."
"You should." Quinn was one of the nicest people I've met and I get now why Luke and Jack would always say we'd get along. He liked to read on his down time and he gets headaches just like me which we talked about for hours somehow.
      We'd talk about how it's the worse when it's behind your eye or just above. We talked about books we liked and recommended to each other and then finally we all headed down to the lake for a late night boat ride and wakeboarding.
      Luke stayed far away from me the whole time and I stayed at the far end of the boat away from the wakeboarding so Luke would still be able to wake board and be as far away from me as possible.
      At one point in the night jack and Quinn tried to convince me to go wake boarding and I shut them down quickly. They convinced Kat though and she did amazing for her first time. Tonight was just Trevor, Jack, Quinn, Kat, Luke and I. Tomorrow though more people were coming like Jamie who was flying to us after visiting his parents.

Authors note
Sorry about taking forever to update I've been struggling with finding time and motivation
I hope to update weekly because school starts back Friday for me
I love you guys and hope you enjoyed this chapter !!