Chapter 1

(Disclaimer soon i will be coming and making all the chapters make sense but i made this when i had no clue about hockey so your gonna have to bear with me)

     "Hey. I got tickets to the devils game tonight from Nico. Do you wanna go?" Asked Kat as she walked into the room with her phone showing two tickets to a devils game versus the New York islanders.

     It was an away game but New York isn't far from our apartment which meant we didn't have to go far to get to it. "He bought it for us. Come on you need to get out more. I'll let you wear his black jersey." Kat says trying to convince me knowing Nico's black jersey was my favorite. I hadn't had the motivation to leave our Apartment in weeks unless it was for groceries or food. 

     "Fine." I say sighing before getting up and looking through my closet for an outfit. "I'm planning on wearing leggings and an old soccer hoodie under Neek's jersey." Kat says as she begins to walk out of my room.

      "Ok I'll probably do that." I say to her pulling out the hoodie and leggings. "Can we grab coffee before going?! My throat is killing me from practice today." 

     Kat and I both worked on Broadway for the musical Hamilton. She was Angelica and I played Eliza. We had rehearsed the whole Hamilton play today making sure we were ready for opening night tomorrow. "Yes pleasee!" 

     We get dressed and I put on some mascara and perfume while Kat does her makeup. Kat decided to wear Nicos red jersey which he had dropped off earlier today. 

     Nico was our guy best friend that we had met our first week in New York when he was exploring for a bit. He had sat with us at our favorite coffee shop and we had been close with him since going to as many games as we possibly could except I had stopped going a few weeks ago.

     Once we finally left we grabbed hot coffee and left for the game getting there early so we could watch warmups. Once inside we grabbed our seats which was right beside the bench. Nico usually bought us actual seats instead of the seats the team was given which was in the family suite. He didn't want people knowing we were close friends for our safety.

     The team all slowly made their way onto the ice while Nico made his way over to us. "You guys made it." He says giving both of us a hug. "I'm glad you came Colt." He says to me knowing I've been avoiding coming for awhile just because I didn't want to leave my apartment. 

     "I'm sorry about that. I should've came to more games." I said to him which he just smiles at me before nodding. "That just means you have to come to all our playoff games." 

       "Always." I say smiling at him and he turns around heading onto the ice as Hughes walks out of the locker room. "The jerseys look good on you guys." He says complimenting us before he wraps an arm around Hughes and they walk onto the rink together. 

      Behind Hughes comes a new player one I hadn't seen from earlier in the year. He skates onto the ice and I see his last name. "Hughes?" I question looking over at Kat. "Thats Jack Hughes younger brother. He joined earlier this month. He's a defensemen." 

      "Really? I didn't think there was anymore of them." I say laughing a little knowing about Quinn and Jack being brothers but not them having a third one. 

       "Yeah but honestly jacks the hottest out of them all." Kat says as she watches jack shoot a hockey puck. "Yeah yeah." I say rolling my eyes while looking over at the Jumbotron. 

        The warm up kiss cam was going per usual and it was showing random people. At one point during the warmup it showed Jack and Nico warming up together. Nico was pumping jack up as he nervously chewed on his glove. 

       Kat and I smiled at the two of them before going back to talking about what we would do after the game. We both decided on going out to a bar and grabbing a bite to eat before we would head home.

      "We should probably invite Nico." Kat says and I just nod while watching the rookie warm up. He seemed pretty good while I watched him stick handle and take a few shots. 

     Nico is playing center at the start of the game able to win the face off which Kat and I cheer for. we are on our feet for most of the game pacing back and forth rooting for the devils. At some point during the 1st period Nico gets slammed into the wall in front of us.

     "Get the fuck off of him." I yell slamming my hand on the glass knowing it won't do anything but the over protectiveness I feel for Nico taking over. "Yeah you tell him!" 

      Kat and I laugh as I turn around seeing the rookie Hughes starring at us smiling. I laugh as my cheeks burn and I turn around whispering to Kat. "Kat the rookie was starring at us." 

     We both look at each other then back at him whose still staring at us with amusement. We both topple over in laughter. The rest of the game is pretty calm and there's no rough plays that make Kat and I worry. 

     After the game the team heads back to their locker room. Nico stops by us with both Hughes brothers behind him. 

    "Hey Nico! Good game." I say hugging him before backing away and wiping off the sweat he had rubbed on me. "Thanks Colt." 

     "You got body guards?" I say looking back at the two boys quietly standing behind him. Nico laughs before responding. "No we were wondering if you'd want to go to their apartment with us? I'm planning on spending the night because we have a morning practice." 

    "Uh sure why not." I say making sure Kat's fine with it before even answering. "But we have to get food before going." 

     "Deal. They are gonna ride the bus back but if you guys want to convince my coach for me to ride with you guys and we can meet them back at their apartment because I need a few drinks after the game tonight. Also you guys can probably spend the night at their's I'm sure they won't mind and I have extra clothes too." Nico says before we both nod and they head to the locker room to get ready to leave.