Chapter 3

Oklahoma smokeshow
Zach Bryan

The next morning Kat and I woke up to an empty apartment. Nico had left a note on the kitchen island for us. "We left for morning practice. I'm so sorry I have to say this but coach scheduled a practice for tonight and it's mandatory so I won't be able to make it to your opening night. I'm sorry. Love you guys -Nico"
    "Are you fucking serious?" I say setting the note down as Kat walks over. "What?" She says as she reads it. The smile she had worn was wiped away as she read. "Damn."
    "It's fine. He'll be able to come to another show." Kat says trying to stay on the brighter side of things. "Sure." I say as I grab my stuff getting ready to leave.
    "I like your hoodie." Kat says jokingly as she tries to cheer up my mood. "Fuck off." I say laughing as we slowly leave the apartment and head to our car.
    "How are you feeling?" I ask her as we get into my car. "Fine I guess. Hungover as shit though." She says laughing a little as she takes over aux. "I bet."

    Later that night Kat and I had our opening night which both of us were worried about because we were sold out. Once we made it to the theatre we had been practicing at for months we were met by crew members who directed us to where we would go in.
     We got ready for the show as we could hear the crowd filling up the theatre. I wore Eliza's white dress that everyone wore at the start of the show and pulled my straightened hair back into a half up half down. My makeup had been done earlier and I was ready to go on.
     "Looking more gorgeous than ever." Says a deep voice from behind me. "Fuck off Zander." I say rolling my eyes trying to walk away from him.
   "Oh come on. You still can't be mad at me." Zander says his voice becoming annoyed. "You cheated on me. Obviously I'm gonna still be upset."
    "Your so dramatic.. I bet after tonight you'll be back in love with me just like you were two weeks ago." Zander says before walking away. I had avoided kissing him for two weeks now on set but tonight I could not.
    I knew I would have to and I had been preparing myself since. "You ready?" Kat says as she comes up to me in her costume.
    "As ready as I'll ever be." I say and the music starts playing. We slowly  make our way through the first song. Kat and I made our way to the front of the stage standing in a line with the rest of the actors except Zander who played Hamilton.
    We sang starring out into the crowd and I find brown eyes I didn't think I would see. Nicos and right next to his were Luke's and next to his was Jack and the rest of the New Jersey devils hockey team.
   There practice tonight was to come to the play? Then I remember why Coach Ruff let them. Zander was related to him. Zander's mom was like coach Ruffs brothers sister in law.
     None of Zander's family could come because they lived in California. When we were dating he had complained non stop about them not being able to make it.
     The play slowly moves on and after the intro song Kat and I made our way off stage with Violet who plays Peggy. We change into the actual dresses our characters would wear through most of the play.
    "Did you see Nicos here?" I asked Kat as we both finished getting ready and watched the play move on. "Yeah and with the rest of the Team." Kat says smiling at me as violet appears next to her.
    "Still obsessed with that Nico guy? I wouldn't be surprised if you cheated on Zander with that guy and he never figured out." Violet says rolling her eyes at Kat and I.
    "Oh fuck off. You know Zander was the one that cheated on her especially because your the one he cheated on her with." Kat says firing back at violet who just laughs at how she was able to get under kats skin. I wouldn't let her get under my skin especially since that's what she was trying to do.
     Violet ironically played Peggy and Maria. Maria's the one that Hamilton cheats on his wife with. I just happen to be Eliza Hamiltons wife. It's like reliving it all over again every time we go through the play.
    We make our way back onto the stage as my shot plays all being on the second story. Once we get to the part where the king is on stage everyone is rushing around to get into there spots while Zander and Violet make out in the corner.
    Kat and I burst out laughing as Kat makes a gagging noise and I run over to Quinton who plays Arron Burr. "Your doing great!" I say high fiving him and he smiles at me laughing a little. "Thank you! You too!" He says as we get into positions waiting for our turn to go on stage. "I saw Nicos here with his team. How'd you pull that?"
    "Oh I didn't do anything. Zander's mom is related to Nicos coach so I guess he came to support and brought the team." I say and quinton just smiles at me feeling bad about bringing Zander up.
    Quinton had become a close friend to Kat and I while we rehearsed it wasn't that we hung out with him every chance we got but we tried our best to involve him. The rest of the cast was great also but we just weren't as close to them as we were with Quinton.
    "Colt! Take the live." Says JJ who played John Laurens and Phillip Hamilton. He looked almost identical to the original actor who played his role. I take the phone and wave at the live with Kat.
     For some reason he thought it would be fun to go live throughout the play and pass the phone around. We pass the phone to our set manager as we head on stage.
     Helpless comes on and I dread the kiss scene. As we slowly make our way through the song I'm met with Zander at the end. His short hair—that is not long enough to be put into a ponytail like the original Hamilton—stuck to his forehead from sweat.
   "Your gonna love this." He says just loud enough so I can hear and that the mic won't catch it. We kiss and it's quick I pull away faster than usual feeling like I want to barf as he just stares at me and I have to stand with his arms around me during Angelica's song.
    For the rest of the play Zander would say things disturbing some made me want to barf especially the one where he mentioned he should've got me pregnant. I almost ran off the stage then and their and it took every nerve in me not to run off and ruin the show.
    At the end of the show all I had to do was make it through Zander kissing violet and then having to get back together with him. He made more snark comments like how I would end up like Eliza and I just rolled my eyes at him.
    Finally we made it to taking our bows which we do quickly savoring the standing ovation. Zander and I walk off in character with his arms wrapped around me. "When you take me back you can meet my parents since we both know your parents died and didn't love you maybe they could be your second parents."
     I shove him off of me after the comment running away as quick as I could as tears spilled down my face. "Colt.. what's wrong?" Kat says stopping me from moving and Zander turns the corner following close behind me with a smirk.
    "Get him the fuck away from me." I say as he keeps walking closer I back away as much as I can while Kat tries to stop him.
    "Mother fucker back off!" Kat yells as she tries to push him away but he just pushes her harshly to the side making her fall. The thump of Kat hitting the floor brings everyone's attentions to us.
     Quinton, JJ, and our other friends stand in between Zander and I as Kat gets up and drags me to the dressing room so we can get out of there.
     We make it to where families waited for actors to be done. Some families held flowers and others held cards and other things.
     Kat and I find Nico fast as I try and stop myself from crying putting up a good front for Nicos team. "Kat! Colt! You guys did amazing!" Nico says pulling us into a hug as we both smile.
     "Thank you!" We both say in unison as the rest of the team comes up to us. "Hey. You did amazing! I mean I've never seen a better performance. My jaw was on the floor the whole Time and I had goosebumps." Luke says rambling a little as he walks up to me.
    I laugh at his ramble and thank him as we slowly try and make our way out before Zander can get to us. "Nico come on." Kat says dragging him away from his friends which he just says goodbye too.
    "Jack! Luke! You two too. You guys are coming with us." I say to them as we walk out of the building heading to my car.
     "So.. what's wrong?" Nico says knowing I was upset. "Did that jack ass say something to you?" "Wait what jackass?" Luke says booting into the conversation as we make our way through the ginormous parking lot.
     "My ex. The guy that plays Hamilton." I say to him not really caring if he knew. "The one you had to kiss a lot?" Jack says out of disbelief.
     "Yep." I say popping the p. "Damn I could never kiss my ex after we broke up." "Imagining having to kiss him after he cheated on you with the same girl that plays the women Hamilton cheats on his wife with." I say laughing a little but no one laughing with me.
     "Damn I'm so sorry." Luke says as we get to my car. "It's fine for real. I don't care as much anymore." I say as I go to grab my door handle but luke beats me to it.
     "Are you serious?" I say laughing at him which he just opens the door and helps me in laughing. "So what did he do?" Nico asked as we all got buckled and I made my way out of the parking lot. "Just some shit trying to get under my skin. That's all." I say trying not to mention the situation that happened after the play.
     "Thats not all. He chased her around offstage taunting her after the play. I tried to stop him from getting close to her and he shoved me down. The other boys helped us get away from him but he's actually psycho. No telling what he would've done if the boys weren't there." Kat says and I look at her trying to tell her to shut up midway through but she just ignores me.
     "I'll beat his fucking ass if he gets close to you again." Nico says looking out the window as he clenched his jaw. "I'd love to join you in that." Luke says from the seat behind me. "No one's gonna beat anyone up."
     "Sure we won't." Jack says from the middle of the back seat and I just roll my eyes at him. "You won't. I swear guys don't do anything. If he gets injured our show is over. Our Back up Hamilton broke his leg and now he has no back up so please don't do anything stupid."
     "She's right guys. You'd be making both of us jobless if you guys did that." Kat says looking back at them which they just look away from us shrugging their shoulders.

Authors note
Another long chapter :)
Thank you guys for reading! I love all of y'all!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 60 READS!
also if you've never watch Hamilton I would because this chapter might be a little confusing without it but this is gonna be the only chapter that goes into actual depth of the play.