Chapter 4

Burn, Burn, Burn
Zach Bryan

"Colt! Shut your phone up! It's been going off all morning!" Kat yells at me from the living room. I run my eyes as I sit up and grab my phone from the edge of the mattress.
Nico was calling me none stop for thirty minutes now. "What do you want." I say my voice still groggy from just waking up. "Hey we're on our way to you guys. We just had morning practice and we're all bored."
"Yeah yeah. You have a key come in but next time just come instead of spamming my phone." I say before hanging up and falling back asleep.

"Hello!" Yells someone as they jump on my bed. I groan as I turn my head to the annoying cunt. "What do you want."
Nico is laying next to me smiling with his head propped up by his hands. "Come eat with us." He says smiling at me and I just groan before turning around and rolling off the bed.
"I'm not changing." I say as I look down at my outfit which is plaid pajama pants and a grey sweatshirt. I grab my slippers as Nico laughs and just throws an arm around me.
We walk out of the room but i immediately turn away from Kat, Jack, and Luke and head into the bathroom. I brush my teeth and hair and then head out of the bathroom.
"Good morning sunshine." Kat says immediately triggering my morning headaches. "Fuck." I say grabbing the bottle of ibuprofen from the counter and taking three. "Did you forget your headache medicine?"
Nico looked over at me worried knowing that my headaches can get bad. "Yeah but it's fine. It's just mild." "Ok well your not driving. We know what happened last time." Kat says grabbing the keys from the counter as we all make our way out of the apartment.
"I like your hoodie." Luke says with a smirk on his face as I realize I had thrown on his hoodie late last night instead of my soccer one. "Don't talk to me." I say to him not in the mood this morning.
"Pick your fights Luke especially with Colt in the morning. If she's had no caffeine she is cut throat." Nico says as we walk down the hallway and I just ignore him as I walk side by side with Luke.
I can feel his eyes on me as we make it to the cafe. I sat up front with Kat. I had curled up into a ball laying my head on my knees trying to get my headache to ease. Every so often I would feel Kat or Nico rub my back.

At the cafe I was feeling better but I was still dizzy and tired. I slowly made my way into my favorite cafe and ordered before choosing a table and sitting down. Luke is the second person to order and he slide into the booth next to me.
His shoulder meet mine and I lay my head on his shoulder. I close my eyes waiting for the coffee to come. I hear the group come near and slide into the booth. "How bad is it now?" I hear luke whisper as his arm wraps around me and rubs my back. I can tell he feels bad about my headache but it's not his fault.
"It's ok. I'm just dizzy right now but it seems to be calming down. Thank you." I say to him still keeping my eyes closed. "Black coffee with three shots of espresso." Says a worker as they approached the table I raise my hand picking my head up.
I immediately take a sip of the coffee and I look over the group for the first time today. Kat sat across me she was already dressed with makeup on and her hair was up in a clip. Next to her sat jack who sat closer to her than usual. He wore a New Jersey devils hoodie with black sweatpants.
Nico sat beside luke forcing us to sit closer together than jack and Kat had too. He wore a random graphic tee with a black zip up hoodie and a pair of jeans. Next was Luke who was wearing a black hoodie and some grey sweatpants.
"So what's your guys plan for the day?" Asked Nico as he sipped his coffee looking at Kat and I. "I wanted to go check out this new book shop just down the road." I say to him laying my head back on luke.
"I will not be joining you in that. I have a hair appointment today and then I'm gonna get some new make up." Kat says and Nico nods but I groan wanting someone to go with me.
"Will anyone go with me? Please.." I say looking at the guys but Nico is silent and jack is opening his phone acting like they didn't hear me.
"I'll go with you but you have to help me get a mystery or thriller book." Luke says from beside me and I pick my head up looking at home with a smile.
"Really?!" I say excited that he'd go with me. "Yeah." He says laughing at my excitement and at some point his hand finds the ends of my hair twirling them around his fingers while we talked to the rest of the group.

After coffee we went home and I changed and got ready while Luke just sat and watched. Nico and Jack had both decided they would go with Kat to annoy her. Which was a good idea on their part because if they were to annoy me I'd probably punch them.
"You ready?" I asked Luke as I starred at him sitting on the toilet where he had been sitting for awhile. "Yep. Let's go."
I drove us to the bookstore and we walked in looking around for a bit before deciding what type of book we wanted and going to those areas. "What about Stephen King?"
I pull Luke over to the area of where his books sat and Luke nodded. It took awhile for Luke to decide but I didn't complain I liked seeing him interested in something I loved.
"Oh this is a book I've wanted." I say grabbing icebreaker which was actually a hockey book about a hockey player and ice skater.
"You looking for some hockey romance?" Luke asked with a laugh and I just smile at him. "Maybe I do." "Well I bet I can help you with that." We both burst out laughing before walking over to pay.
"This was fun. Next time you go again. I'd love to join you." Luke says as we get into my car. I smile before nodding at him. "That just means your gonna be with me everyday."
It was supposed to be a joke but Luke looked as though he wanted it to be real. "Sounds perfect to me." His signature smirk had appeared and I couldn't help but laugh a little.

Authors note
A little bit of flirting in this chapter.
I hope you guys enjoyed! Also I'm on vacation this week so posting might slow or might pick up idk yet.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 200 READS!!!
I LOVE YOU GUYS!