Chapter 89: Modern Day Life Graduation Part Three

Start from the beginning

Chu! Kawaikute gomen (Chu! I'm sorry for being too cute)
Umarete kichatte gomen (I'm sorry for being born this way)
Chu! Azatokute gomen (Chu! I'm sorry for being too cunning)
Ki ni natchau yo ne? Gomen (It's bothering you, right? Sorry)
Chu! Kawaikute gomen (Chu! I'm sorry for being too cute)
Doryoku shichattete gomen (I'm sorry for being a hard-working person)
Chu! Toutokute gomen (Chu! I'm sorry for being too precious)
Joshiryoku takakute gomen (I'm sorry for having great feminine charms)
Mukatsuichau yo ne? Zamaa (It's pissing you off, right? Serves you right)

The hall rang with the deep and loud voices of the guys singing the lyrics of "Kawaikute Gomen" which depicted nothing but a defiant and confident girl. The girls' voices were audible as well, mixing together with the guys' and improving the overall impression of the performance. As they sang on, the rest of the students showed their support and appreciation by laughing along, something the seniors, more specifically Subaru and Hinata most likely, hoped to achieve. Emilia and Rem were giggling behind their hands, listening to the cute lyrics that basically said 'F you all Imma do my thing', and Ram and Beatrice, though not laughing as hard as their classmates, were trembling with silent laughter as well.

Blinking and wiping the tears of laughter away from her eyes, Emilia had her gaze on Subaru. "'I refuse to fall down', 'I'm not afraid of you lot', 'I want to be my own ally', 'I want to take care of myself the most', 'I don't want to put up with anything unreasonable', 'That's just the kind of person I am'. Subaru, this really is a great song that suits you very well. I take this as your way to say you will continue to be your truest self and walk down the path that leads to the future without ever questioning yourself. It holds a dear meaning, and I hope Rem, Ram, Beatrice, and everyone else here will be able to receive it." Emilia thought as the song came to the final chorus.

Subaru sang on, feeling the arms around him and barely registering Hinata's singing voice by his ear. He felt glad that they ended up with this song. The melody was lighthearted, the atmosphere it created was cheerful, and it brought smiles on everyone's face, even though the faces were wetted with tears. "Ah ah, this is how a farewell should be like, full of energy and happiness instead of sadness." Subaru thought. 

Chu! Kawaikute gomen (Chu! I'm sorry for being too cute)
Umarete kichatte gomen (I'm sorry for being born this way)
Chu! Azatokute gomen (Chu! I'm sorry for being too cunning)
Ki ni natchau yo ne? Gomen (It's bothering you, right? Sorry)
Chu! Kawaikute gomen (Chu! I'm sorry for being too cute)
Doryoku shichattete gomen (I'm sorry for being a hard-working person)
Chu! Toutokute gomen (Chu! I'm sorry for being too precious)
Joshiryoku takakute gomen (I'm sorry for having great feminine charms)
Mukatsuichau yo ne? Zamaa (It's pissing you off, right? Serves you right)

"I am glad I was born this way. I almost came to hate myself for everything that has happened in the past. I was damn near broken, I was actually broken many times, but I have decided. I will love myself, love the way I am, love how I will inevitably end up on a path where I need to constantly walk over my own corpses, love how I might need to let you die in order to keep you alive. I will walk on, no matter how much that pisses you off! That's right, you hear me! Let me make it clear! I'm going back! So bring it on, fate!"

The song ended at the same time Subaru's internal monologue was finished. The hall was filled with applause and cheers again. The twelfth graders shouted back and bowed and whooped and hugged one another again, and under the applause of the teachers and the lower graders, the ceremony officially ended, the students were dismissed, and everyone stood up and left the Great Hall. The graduated seniors ran out the Great Hall, their cheers and shouts never dying down, and watching them leave, the lower graders returned to their classrooms.