"No, no, no! He likes someone else, Kevin! And that someone else is you!" Draco exclaimed, turning around quickly. "That person is you, and Jade!"

Kevin laughed bitterly, shaking his head.

"I don't like him that way, okay?" He snapped.

“But I've seen how you two look at each other! And you spend a lot of time together! There's definitely something there!"

"Stop it," Kevin put up a hand when the vampire panicked. Kevin sighed, sitting down again on the couch. "Look, just because I like guys and girls doesn't mean I like him like that. I just like being with him."

"Yes, and that's how my love for Alex began, spending time with him and hanging out with him," Draco lowered his gaze. He had a point.

“Alex isn't the kind of man I want to date.” Kevin said with a nod, “I want the smart, handsome, overactive boy who is also a great dancer. I want to get to know you better. But I feel like I am hurting you just by spending time with Alex.”

"I just feel like you've replaced me," Draco admitted.

"You're irreplaceable, Draco," Kevin assured him.

Draco didn't want to hate Kevin again, but jealousy was slowly killing him inside.

He was stupid for thinking Kevin would steal his not-boyfriend, true, but Draco couldn’t help feeling this way. He couldn't hate Kevin for something that wasn't his fault. He had to change his mind about him because he was being unfair like Finn said.

Kevin turned out to be a great guy, and if Draco was honest with himself, it would have been easier to treat him right and get over his silly dramas from the start.

After all, they were both similar.

So similar that Kevin could almost know what the vampire was feeling right now.

Draco probably felt numb and exhausted, but not in the sense of an existential depression. He just couldn't feel anything anymore. He was numb from the inside out, and that scared Kevin to death.

Because he knew what happened when nothing made sense anymore.

He had tried to end it all more than once exactly because of that feeling.

But the only person who kept Kevin from kicking the stool under his feet was always Draco, and now he owed his life to this scarlet-haired, adorable boy.

He had to remind Draco why he was so important in his life to save him from himself.

"Did you hear you were one of the three fan favourites?" Kevin asked and Draco raised an eyebrow, "You may not realise it, but a lot of people love you, Draco. Me included."

“What?”

“You and I are not very different. You know what I think?" Kevin wiggled his eyebrows and Draco shook his head, "I think you promised yourself to bring happiness to all of those outcasts out there who ever felt the world was too dark, and in one way or another, you are achieving your purpose of saving others from the darkness that you once allowed into your life.”

"And why are you telling me that? What does it have to do with what's happening?"

"You saved my life, Draco. You have saved thousands of lives. You're a hero without a cape, and now it's my turn to save you," Kevin nodded, "And if you need Alex to bring colour back into your life, I'm here to help you see that it is not true. You don't need Alex to be happy, and I will help you so you can be with him, or I will help you so you can get over him if he doesn't love you. But please, I beg you. Don't lose your shine, Draco. Never let someone you love but doesn't love you back take the smile off your face."

And there he was again, the smiling Draco.

Kevin was the light shining on the path to a brighter future.

"I know you're saying that because of how you feel about me and how I treated you," Draco bit his lip.

"It's water under the bridge," Kevin shrugged, "I'm glad you and I can be friends."

Suddenly, the sound of the shower turning off made Draco gasp.

His blood ran cold.

It was time to talk about what he least wanted to talk about, but maybe after this, things would be like they used to be...

Right?

And if not...

At least now Draco had Kevin, a great friend, a great person...

Someone who made him feel what only Alex could before he rejected him.