Chapter 43

Puting kisame nanaman ang sumalubong sa akin at sigurado akong nasa hospital ako dahil grey ang pintura ng kwartong pinagkulungan nila sa akin. Pero bakit andito ako?

I mean, who rushed me here? Kasi hindi naman nila ako dinadala sa hospital kahit na mamamatay na ako.

"I'm disappointed." A voice said, and I thought it was from the voices inside my head but I felt a presence on the side of the table so I looked at it.

I blinked a lot of times and tilted my head to stare at the man leaning over the wall on the corner.

"I was the one who taught you how to drive, yet you crashed your car. Am I not a good teacher?"

"W-Wolf." I uttered under my breath—not believing that he was here...with me.

He sat on the chair beside my bed while I stared at him in such disbelief and awe.

Why is he here? What is he doing here?

I couldn't take my eyes off him. I was just staring deeply on his face to see if he was really true and I was not hallucinating because this past few years ay kung sino-sino ang nakikita ko na hindi naman totoo. But he gave back the same intensity of look I was giving to him so he was really here with me.

"What year is it now?" I asked out of the blue because some features of his face changed. His features were strong even before but he seemed to be more firm and mature now.

He was confused by my question but he answered it anyway.

"2026." His voice echoed inside my mind and time seemed to have stopped.

My headache so I held it with my two hands.

I tried so hard to remember. Inalala ko kung anong year ang huli kong naaalala...2020.

If Wolf was telling me the truth, that means it was already six years ago. So ang ibig sabihin ay ikinulong nila ako nang anim na taon...

I was gone for six years...

"What is happening, Sandra?" He asked—voice full of worry.

I stayed bowed down at hindi ako makasagot sa kanya dahil hindi parin ako mapakaniwala na anim na taon akong nakakulong. Na anim na taon akong pinapahirapan sa loob ng madilim na kwartong 'yon.

And if six years had already passed, ang ibig sabihin ay 26 na ako...

Napahawak ako sa mukha ko at nararamdaman ko ulit ang mga namumuong luha sa gilid ng mga mata ko.

"S-Sandra..." He uttered under his breath and when I looked up, I saw him staring on my arm where my stitches were.

I immediately hid it on my back and looked away.

"Sandra, what ha--"

"Don't tell anyone." I cut him off dahil alam kong kahit hindi ko sabihin ay alam niya, because he wasn't dumb to think that my stitches, bruises, and scars were from some sort of fall or accident.

Napahinga siya nang malalim at napahilamos sa sarili niya.

"How, Sandra? That fucker husband of yours is hurting you." Huminga siya nang malalim para hindi niya ako masigawan but I saw how his jaw clenched.

"Don't tell anyone, Wolf." I repeated with emphasis.

He licked his lower lip and looked up to the ceiling—obviously mad and running out of patience.

Umurong lahat ng mga plano ko kanina. Ngayon lang ako natauhan sa mga gusto kong mangyari.

I was dying to tell everybody how they were abusing me but I didn't want anyone to know anymore dahil wala nang dapat pang ipaglaban pa.