Chapter 32

I was crying the whole time we were going back to the City and I couldn't think of anything except for my father's well being.

Isabella told me over the phone that his car got ambushed on their way to the airport and that he was rushed to the hospital while the driver was dead on the spot.

My mind was telling me a lot of possibilities and it scares me so much.

He can't die. He can't leave me because I'm not ready.

We hurried straight to the hospital where he was rushed, and I ran without looking around even though I could see everyone's eyes on me through the tears that blurs my vision.

"Hindi! Hindi pa patay si Nicholas!" I saw my mother shouting to the doctor, and I collapsed when I heard her but my knees didn't reach the ground because Liam got a hold of my arm.

"L-Liam...my father..." I said, and sobbed loudly but he didn't say anything. He just embraced me into a hug.

I tried to stand but my body was so weak that I stumbled back on the floor. "I-I want to see him." I gripped into his shirt to ask for assistance to help me up but he didn't do anything so I pushed him, got on my knees, and started crawling. I couldn't see the path since my eyes were blurry from the tears, but I kept going because I wanna see my father.

I need to confirm it to myself because he can't just die!

We just celebrated my birthday yesterday tapos iiwanan niya agad ako? Kailangan pa naming mag celebrate next year at sa susunod pang mga taon kaya hindi niya ako pwedeng iwanan.

"Sandra," I cried louder when I heard his voice and his hand under my armpit to help me up.

"I-I want to see daddy, p-please..." I pleaded so he nodded and helped me walk inside the room where my father was.

And there he is, already covered in white sheet that sent me to take steps backward until my back crashed to the chest of the man behind me who caught me again.

M-My father is gone... He left me with just twenty years of memory of him.

* * *

I was hugging his picture on my chest and just in silence as everybody said their condolences but I didn't respond to any of them because my mind was trying to remember his voice dahil natatakot ako...natatakot ako na baka makalimutan ko ang boses niya sa tuwing tinatawag niya akong little angel.

"You should eat." I heard my boyfriend say from beside me but I didn't look at him because I was just looking at the urn in front where my father's cremated body was.

He sighed. "You haven't eaten anything since last night."

I bit my lower lip to stop the tears that never ran out even though I already cried an ocean.

"He left me..." I muttered, and the tears I was stopping immediately rolled down my cheeks.

He put his hand behind my head to get me into his chest so I didn't stop them anymore and sobbed loudly—wetting his shirt.

"He didn't leave you, 'Chay. He'll stay forever in your heart." He kissed the top of my head.

He was caressing my hair and whispering so I stayed in his chest until I calmed down and then he smiled at me—wiping all of the tears on my cheeks.

"Hija, I'm so sorry for your loss." Tita Ica suddenly appeared but I couldn't bring myself to greet her with a smile so I just slightly nodded my head.

"Ate..." She was with Patty and the little girl knelt on a chair to level me. "Don't cry na." She held my face, and I stared at her eyes that mine teared up again so I needed to look away to stop them from falling.