Chapter 5

We arrived at home na wala akong mukhang maiharap kay Liam because he just saw me cry and I think that was the most embarrassing thing I did here at Liathro.

"I-I'll go." I tried to unbuckle my seatbelt but instead of getting it unwrapped around my body, my hands just brushed through it because they were still weak and trembling.

But I still heard it click and it slid down my body because Liam removed it in just one press.

"Uh, thank you." I rushed to open the door, ran out, and didn't look back until I got inside the mansion and closed the door.

Napasandal nalang ako sa pintuan and then I held my chest because my heart was beating so fast na halos hindi ako makahinga.

I took a couple of breaths to calm myself dahil pakiramdam ko ay talagang malalagutan ako ng hininga and when I finally calmed down, I slowly opened the door to take a peek outside. 

He was still there.

The window of his car was rolled down and he was talking to one of the workers. I watched him as he nodded and smiled a little before driving away.

I took a deep breath again dahil siguro ay pagod lang 'to, so I should already take a rest.

Tatalikod na sana ako para umakyat ng room ko para magpahinga but I heard someone calling me from behind so I stopped to look back. 

"Madam?" The worker that Liam was talking to earlier was standing outside the door with his hat in front of his chest. "Wag niyo daw po kalimutan ang kumain ng hapunan bago matulog." A wrinkle appeared to the side of his lips and eyes when he smiled a little. "Pinapasabi po nung binata kanina." He added when I just stared at him confusedly hanggang sa napakagat nalang ako sa labi ko.

Was he talking about Liam?

I mean, duh. Sino pa ba ang kausap nya kanina?

The worker was still standing still so I nodded to dismiss him. He bowed his head down before turning away to leave while I played with my lower lip using my fingers.

Did Liam really say that? Why?

Hindi naman part ng trabaho niya ang ipaalala na kumain ako bago matulog.  Nag aalala ba sya sa akin?

I groaned and removed the smile on my lips when I realized that I was smiling because this is so wrong. Nababaliw na yata ako.

"Uh... Senyorita?" A voice snatched me back to my senses na halos magpatalon sa akin sa gulat.

I searched around to find where it came from and saw a girl who was dressed in a plain yellow thin dress in the corner of the dark living room.

Kanina pa sya jan?

Nakita niya ba kung paano ako ngumiti-ngiti mag isa at magpa ikot-ikot?

"Who are you?" I asked—walking closer to her. My heels were making sound as it stomped on the floor and I think it scared her a little because she took some steps backward so I halted and remained a distance between us.

"A-Ako po si Isabella, ako po y--"

"Ay, naka uwi ka na pala, hija." An old maid interrupted. She came from the kitchen and was wearing an old dress that reached her calves. "Ito nga pala si Isabella, 'yong magiging personal maid mo." She continued the girl's sentence whose name was Isabelle.

I lifted a brow. "Personal maid? Do I need one?" I asked because as I can remember, I was fine all by myself.

As I said, I may not be independent but I'm a big girl now so I can already handle myself.