Chapter 1

After nearly 8 hours of ride, we finally reached our destination-the old mansion of my dead grandparents who I never met.

My father told me before that this was where he grew up. He also told me a lot of stories about this mansion, including the ghosts he encountered.

So when the wind blew, I shivered together with my flowing hair.

I have never been here before so I was not familiar with the place that I already feel homesick.

I looked up to the mansion and I can really say that it was really old. But its elegance wasn't fading with the time. Also, this whole place was like a hacienda because the land was hectares. I think 7 or 9 hectares. I don't know, I actually don't give a damn.

"Get inside." My attention was drawn when I heard the driver speak from behind, and when I turned to look, I saw him carrying my luggages with his two firm hands while his eyes were squinting and glasses were shining from the harsh sunlight.

Now that I can see his whole body, I can't stop myself from admiring him dahil sobrang tangkad nya pala. Maybe 6'3?

Lazy to talk, I just did what he wanted and headed my way inside.

When I got in, I just stood because all of the people were busy and noisy.

Maids were walking in every direction, instructing the male workers where to put things.

I coughed and fanned my hand in front of my face to dust off the dirt.

"Where is my room?" I interrupted shamelessly.

The noises stopped, their heads turned into my direction together with their confused faces.

"Ikaw ba si Lewis?" A maid holding a dust feather asked.

I raised a brow because she didn't sound so nice.

"Who else?" I asked with the same tone she used because I have this principle in life that people deserve to be treated as how they treat other people.

Just simply match their energy.

"Sa second floor ang kwarto mo." She said, and continued with her work.

I smirked even though I was kinda not happy with the way she talked and just brushed it off because she doesn't deserve my attention. And instead, I just walked my way to the stair to find my room.

My footsteps were creating an echo because the stair was made up of woods, and when I finally arrived at the second floor where my room was, my eyes grew big in amusement because the hallway was spacious and there were also renaissance paintings hanging on the wall.

It was so beautiful.

I walked slowly with my heels softly stomping on the wooden floor and traced each painting with my fingertips. And then I noticed that some of it were paintings of me in just renaissance style. I never saw these paintings before but I guess my dad made it or hired someone to make it because he loves me that much.

I continued to walk until I found a wooden door with my name Lewis carved on it. A creaking sound echoed when I twisted the doorknob open.

Hot air with the smell of wood and old books envelop my nostrils.

I took steps forward to the bed carefully and gracefully because every sound that my heels made against the wooden floor calmed my mind. I took a long inhale before sitting on the soft white bed and stared at the interior of my room.

A smile creeped on my lips because I liked it. My walls were painted white with gold linings, the ceiling was high and the windows were big—outside of it was a veranda.