CHAPTER- 66

Ace POV:

I huffed like a frustrated child, my jaw clenched.

Pussy.

Pussy- whipped.

"I-I...We can cuddle later, too," she bargained, her doe eyes glistening with happiness as she swung our joined hands back and forth.

"Mini, we both despise crowds and people. Why are we in a crowded market?" My deep voice rumbled.

"I want to show you a normal Sunday evening," she mumbled, her excitement palpable.

God, why does she have to be this perfect?

"Okay," I sulked, giving in.

"There's a fair. Maybe we could buy something," she said encouragingly when I reluctantly agreed.

Well, who am I to say no to her?

We walked through the crowded market, our eyes wandering over the array of items displayed outside the shops to attract customers: dresses, shoes, jewelry, food, and more.

Our hands were tightly joined, and she would squeeze my hand whenever she noticed people staring at us.

Yeah, we looked odd together, and I looked odd too much.

But it made me proud that she was doing this because I never had normal things to experience. For me.

A smile morphed across my face as I lost control over my expression.

Iris squealed with excitement when she saw a men's dress shop.

She started picking up shirts, most of them in black and green.

"Why do you want men's shirts when you could wear mine?" I grumbled in disapproval.

"They're for you, silly," she murmured, giving me a deadpan look.

I frowned in confusion, watching as she checked the price and paid for the shirts before I could take out my wallet.

"Not today, Mr. Salvatore," she beamed at me, making my heart beat faster.

I cleared my throat and nodded.

"Let's eat something," she said, her eyes twinkling with anticipation.

"Ah! I was thinking you still didn't bring up the food topic," I remarked, snapping my fingers.

She giggled and playfully slapped my arm. We found a bench and sat down, each licking our ice creams.

People roamed with their families all over the place, creating a lively atmosphere.

It was completely different here. An indescribable difference.

The buzz of the crowd, the vibrant stalls, the sounds of laughter and chatter—it all felt so distant from the life I usually led.

She devoured spicy puffed rice, cheese balls, and a cheesy hotdog— all of it.

"You should try some of the food here; it's really tasty," she said, licking her last ice cream of the day.

I leaned down and took a lick of her ice cream.

It tasted sweet and nice.

I extended my ice cream towards her, nudging it against her lips.

She licked mine, glancing around nervously as people watched us, clearly feeling embarrassed.

The fact people glanced at us made her awkward and embarrassed.