Chapter 42

April

Ben's POV

"So the big days in two more weeks huh?" Zionna asked me as we sat in the McCarran Airport.

"I guess so", My palms were sweaty and I kept my eyes straight forward on the window in front of us, "You nervous?" I asked Zionna who was sighing every other minute.

"A little, that easy to tell?"

"Just a little, I'm still the same way with Valandro."

"Well he's like a father to you." She said eyes fixed on the side of my face, I didn't turn to meet her gaze but instead remained to look forward at the planes lined up for take off.

"Yeah, he is.. You know I've never met your father." I said finally turning to look her in the face.

"This is your first time? I would imagine that you've met him at least one other time."

"Nah, whenever Valandro needed him I was too young to ever do any of the work that he wanted your father to do."

"I guess that makes sense. His stature or physique isn't whats intimidating, it's knowing that he doesn't have feelings or regards for anyone or thing. I guess that's why all his foot soldiers fear him, even me."

"I've heard stories."

"They're true."

"What about the story of your mother?"

Fionna remained quiet for a while and I thought she didn't hear me at first, but I decided against repeating my question.

"He killed her." Fionna almost whispered her response and I gulped in her features.

Her body didn't change so much but her facial expression became slightly tighter. Her lips pursed for a thought and she took a glance up.

"Were you there when it happened?"

Fionna looked me in my eyes and as I stared into hers I saw no emotion. Her eyes didn't express fear or sorrow or anger, it was almost as if she was lackadaisical.

"She deserved it." Fionna said with no remorse.

I nodded my head if Fionna said she deserved it then she probably did.

"There he is." Fionna stood up and I along with her as a man with a white collard shirt approached us, "Remember to bow."

"Father." Fionna said not looking the man directly in the eyes and bowing her head slightly.

He stood at around 5'4 with black hair that was pulled back into a small ponytail. His build was slender n his facial features looked as if he was in his mid 50's.

I did not look into his eyes as Zionna did not and I remained quiet.

"You're the help?" He caught my eyes and I didn't look away. His accent was strong but he was still easy to understand as he spoke English.

"Yes Boss." I didn't know what to call him, so I addressed him the only way I knew how to address someone higher then me.

"Call me Sir Iwa, Sensei Iwa, Sir, Sensei, or Chief I don't like 'Boss', only Italians do that shit." His eyes were cold and he showed no emotion in them, even when he spoke to Zionna.

"Yes Sir Iwa." I said bowing my head slightly forgetting to do so when I was first addressed.

"Zionna, where are the other two, you are supposedly with?"