Ch 8

As the two couples returned home, the brides were rushed to get ready for the muh-dikhai.

Both the sisters soon desended down the stairs to find their mother-in-laws standing at the end. "The guests have already arrived so cover you face with the veil."
said Aishwarya while Varsha smiled.

They both nodded and went towards the living area with the help of their mother-in-laws.

Veer, Abeer and Pari stood behind the chair where the both of them sat.

Some of the ladies where genuinely happy, some where jealous because they wanted to see their daughters in that place while some where criticizing them.

"Aishwarya ji apki bahu kuch zyada hin patli nhi h." said one of the ladies.

Siya gasped under the veil. "Main patli? Aur khud ko dekha h? Dharti pe bojh."
She whispered making Arya, Veer, Abeer and Pari laugh silently.
Even Avyansh who came a few moments ago had a small smile on his lips.

Siya continued "Mujhe patli keh rhin hain aur inse agar abhi mithai khane ko bolo to kahengi 'nhi! nhi! main diet pe hun.' han nhi to." She changed her voice for more effect.

"Accha mithai se yaad aya......Aryaa tere bagal mein mithai h. wo dena." Siya requested.

"Nhi di! Dimag thik h. Yahan pe tumhe sweets khana h?" Arya argued.

"Are but bhukh jagah dekh ke thode hin na lagti h. Aur upar se itne bhari saree pehna di hai. Lag raha hai abhi gir jaungi." Siya tried to convince her again.

"Nhi di..."

"Veer suno na.....please ek sweets pass kar do." Siya this time asked her brother-in-law and soon a hand came towards her with a piece of sweet.

She quickly stuffed her mouth under the veil before looking up to thank him but her breath hitched when she found her husband standing there with an amused expression.

Shit! Ye kya kar diya maine. Siya pehle insaan dekh le tab ye sab harakat kiya kar. Ab phir bhadkenge ye.

Siya quickly moved her gaze away from Avyansh. She tried to divert her mind by listening to what all the ladies are saying but regretted as soon as she heard them criticize her again.

"Aur Aishwarya teri bahu-"

"For God sake I have a name." Siya muttered after hearing 'Aishwarya teri bahu' for the nth time.

"Yah right! Avyansh is so tall and she is just average heighted." said one of them.

"Wah....says the one who herself is wearing 6 foot ka chapal."

The four of them were having hard time controlling there laugh as they heard all her comments while Avyansh....that guy doesn't laugh but still he was also enjoying the situation.

"And Varsha ji.....sorry to say.....but I didn't like your daughter-in-laws dressing sense. I mean my daughter is far better."

"What the fuck?" whisper yelled Arya this time. "Oo hello, I have done fashion designing for your kind information aunty ji. Even my dog wears more fashionable dress that your daughter."
Veer looked at his wife amused as he got to know more about her.

"Aur haan. Sharam haya to dikh hi nhi rhi h. Mera matlab hai nai dulhan ko jaise sharmana chahiye aur itrana chahiye, waisi to koi adda dikh nhi rahi h. Rani kaise banegi ye?" said one of the ladies again as she moved towards Siya to look at her face.

Siya, who had enough of all this, held her veil tightly and didn't let the lady remove it. The lady tried again but her trial went in vain so she turned towards Aishwarya.

"Are Aishwarya kya hua teri bahu ko? Ghunghat uthane kyun nhi de rhi?" asked the lady.

Aishwarya turned towards Siya before asking her what happened to which Siya replied. "Nhi! Nhi! mummy ji. Woh actually mujhe bahut sharam aa rhi hai. Mai aise inhe apni shakal kaise dikha sakti hun." she added voice effect and acted as if she was really shy.

Hearing her everybody started laughing including Saraswati, Aishwarya and Varsha while the lady was left embarrassed. Even Avyansh couldn't control his laugh and bursted out laughing. Siya smiled seeing him laugh but quickly composed herself.

The muh dikhai was soon completed with all the drama.

*******

The next day all the family members sat on the dinning table and started having their breakfast.

"Bhabhi was on blast yesterday dad! I mean the look on that Sharma aunty's face was priceless." Veer said to start up a conversation.

"Really? What happened yesterday?" asked Raj this time.

"Woh papa, that sharma aunty was criticizing me so much. She was calling me thin and short. Can you imagine? Huh! But I am also Siya Avyansh Singhania. I taught her a good lesson." Siya replied dramatically.

Avyansh's head snapped towards her direction and he felt something-something when she called herself by adding his name but she was obviously unaware of the fact how her words affected him.

He quietly observed her as she interacted openly with his family. This was the first time he saw her talk so much because she was always quite around him. But right now he can definitely say that she was the female version of his overdramatic and mischievous brother Veer.

Suddenly they all heard a loud voice shouting Siya and Aryaa's name.

As the two girls recognized the voice, their expression turned into horror. "Shit! We forgot about mumma!" They yelled in unison.

All the family members got up and both of them hid behind their husbands as a girl entered.

**********

Guess who is she?