Chapter 37

One person and one fish who were still next to each other had completely different reactions at this moment.

Ye Zheng straightened up unconsciously and moved slightly away from Andrew. Although this movement was somewhat futile - Andrew was still resting on her lap. No matter what the relationship between the two fish and Andrew is, the fact that they can bring food to Andrew at this time means that their relationship within the group must be very close.

She didn't know how long the two mermaids had been here, and she didn't know how much the two mermaids had watched her and Andrew's play just now. Now Ye Zheng felt embarrassed that someone had revealed his secret. The two adults were looking in their direction expressionlessly, their cold eyes not knowing which one of them they were glaring at.

Andrew, like most mermaids, is a species lacking facial nerves. It couldn't laugh or frown like Ye Zheng, but after spending so many days together, Ye Zheng could almost accurately sense Andrew's emotions.

But Ye Zheng found that she had no way of sensing whether the two adult fish in the distance were angry or panicked.

Ye Zheng looked away from the two adult mermaids in confusion. She lowered her head in embarrassment, wishing to find a crack in the beach to crawl under. No matter what the two mermaids thought, as a girl, being watched and liked by others, no, kissing each other with the fish he liked always made Ye Zheng feel a little shy.

Ye Zheng was feeling embarrassed and ashamed, but Andrew seemed extraordinarily magnanimous, not at all nervous about being caught by a fellow race or a foreign race.

Andrew lay on Ye Zheng's lap, raised his big tail slightly, and shook it towards the mermaid in the distance. The same yarn that has grown again on the tip of its tail is swaying slightly in the air, playful and agile, as if it is saying hello to them. Andrew first chirped loudly, then opened his mouth and communicated silently into the distance.

The female mermaid in the distance also screamed at Andrew. Somehow, Ye Zheng always felt that the scream was sharper and finer than Andrew's.

After baring its teeth at Andrew for a while, the mermaid suddenly dived into the water, twitching its heavy tail fiercely, and a large piece of fish floating in front of them was knocked out of the sea water. The huge piece of fish drew a parabola in the air and landed directly in front of Ye Zheng and Andrew.

If the water hadn't splashed onto Ye Zheng's face when the fish fell from a height, she would have really wanted to praise the mermaid's accuracy and strength.

Ye Zheng wiped his hand randomly on her face. When she opened her eyes, the two mermaids had quietly disappeared. The sea in the distance was calm. If it weren't for the large piece of white fish that Andrew dragged in front of him, the two adult fish that came to deliver food would have been as if they had never appeared.

Andrew brought the fish over, carefully cut the outside, then scooped out two palm-sized portions of the most tender fish meat in the center and handed it to Ye Zheng, signaling her to eat it.

When Ye Zheng first lived on the desert island, Ye Zheng, who had no fire, relied on various fresh foods provided by Andrew to survive. In that case, Ye Zheng wouldn't be picky. Basically, she would eat whatever Andrew gave her.

Now that there is a fire, and with the two options of grilling meat and making soup, Ye Zheng doesn't like to eat raw fish much. But except for this very white fish meat, it tastes completely fishy. When you bite into it, the fish meat is tender, juicy, smooth and elastic. After Andrew discovered that Ye Zheng preferred this kind of fish, it was this kind of fish that he dragged back for her to eat raw.

Ye Zheng didn't know how Andrew got in touch with the two adult fish. She didn't expect that in this situation, Andrew would remember to ask the adult fish to bring her favorite fish.

Ye Zheng was stunned as he held these two palm-sized pieces of tender fish.

"Zhengzheng?"

Andrew looked over, seeming to wonder why Ye Zheng didn't eat fish. It thought for a while, then tore the fish meat in Ye Zheng's hand into several pieces along the texture before handing it to Ye Zheng again. It probably thought that Ye Zheng had forgotten how to handle the fish meat.

Ye Zheng felt that the tip of her nose was a little sore again. She pretended to be hungry and hurriedly lowered her head and chewed the fish, trying to hide her expression.

After discovering her feelings, Ye Zheng looked at Andrew again and felt that it was many, many times better than before, and much more reliable than many of her peers she had met.

Ye Zheng finished the fish in his hand thoughtfully. After Andrew also finished eating, he slowly took Andrew back to the cave.

Ye Zheng imitated how she lived on the island, cutting down the weeds as tall as a person and spreading them in the cave. That was the bed she would sleep on.

Andrew was immersed in the water and looked at the busy Ye Zheng, who was working hard to spread the grass thicker to isolate the moisture on the ground.

The mermaid softly called out, "Zhengzheng?"

"Huh?" Ye Zheng turned around and looked at the mermaid with his upper body lying on the stone ground.

"Two days," Andrew said seriously, "Andrew, Zhengzheng, go home."

Ye Zheng understood. Andrew asked her to stay here for only two days with peace of mind. After two days, he would take Ye Zheng back to the island. . Ye Zheng grinned and nodded heavily, "Yeah."

As expected, they lived in this remote and desolate place for two days. In fact, Andrew swam much faster on the first day, and his body Its posture became much more flexible, but it still insisted on resting in this harbor for one more day.

Ye Zheng guessed that she was probably the one dragging Andrew down. If he didn't have to bring another person with him, Andrew would need to let his wounds heal better for a while. There was no need for him to bring her with him to this place where it was difficult to get food. Judging from Andrew's several interactions with his friends, mermaids are a very social species. Andrew can definitely greet his companions and stay with his group, which is safe and will not lack food.

In the past, when Andrew took care of Ye Zheng, she always looked at the mermaid with gratitude and hoped to repay him. But now, thinking of the mermaid's thoughtfulness, Ye Zheng always wonders unconsciously, does Andrew taking care of her and being close to her mean that he actually likes her just like her?

Ye Zheng had no choice but to ask Andrew. She just thought silently and prayed that her guess was right. Ye Zheng is closer to Andrew than before, and she hopes to get the answer she hopes through Andrew's equally close response.

Early in the morning on the third day, when Ye Zheng woke up, Andrew carried Ye Zheng back to the island where they originally lived.

The island was in a mess, the stone nest was gone, the fire pit was gone, the walrus skins and clothes she had stored were gone, and even the skeletons of the bone house were scattered on the ground.

Ye Zheng was silent for a long time. She carefully picked up a piece of crystal with a convex surface that was more round in shape, and said to Andrew self-deprecatingly: "Fortunately, now I can have a portable igniter." Andrew didn't understand what Ye Zheng was saying

. Meaning, it stared at the chaos on the island seriously, as if thinking about something. After a while, it called Ye Zheng: "Zhengzheng, let's go."

"Let's go?" Ye Zheng looked at Andrew in surprise, "Where to go?"

Andrew, who is an activist, didn't explain, so he picked up Ye Zheng and took her away. Swim outside. Ye Zheng had become accustomed to Andrew's various actions without explanation. She still let Andrew lead her in the sea for a long time before reaching her destination.

Andrew can always find various suitable places to live. Ye Zheng looked at the surrounding environment where he settled and thought, mermaids are worthy of being sea creatures. Ye Zheng didn't know how big the ocean was in the world she was in, but she thought that with the curiosity of mermaids, they must be eager to swim and explore all the sea areas.

Where they settled, there was a cave not far from the coastline. From where Ye Zheng stood, she thought the cave looked very big, and she didn't know how it was formed. Andrew chose this place because he was probably frightened by the sudden hurricane. He may have felt that the cave was safe enough for Ye Zheng.

But since it was Andrew who brought her here, Ye Zheng decided to live here with peace of mind.

With an optimistic attitude and positivity as before, she began to repair the cave, pile hay, collect conches, and make clothes from the seal skins that Andrew had brought back again.

Ye Zheng felt that everything would be fine. If she no longer had a home, she would just build another one. She could always make this place as comfortable as before.

But after rebuilding her home, Ye Zheng felt that the mermaid was not as positive and optimistic as she thought.

Ye Zheng, who had already rebuilt his "home" and was almost used to it, found that Andrew had always been unusually restless in recent days. Even when Ye Zheng held him in his arms and combed his braids, his tail would flick around anxiously.

Ye Zheng thought with some worry that some humans would choose their own bed. Andrew was not a terrestrial creature to begin with. Did he choose the island after a new one?

Ye Zheng would sometimes ask Andrew tentatively, "What's wrong with you?" "Are you sick?" "What do you want?" There was

no clear answer, and Andrew just looked at Ye Zheng with his wet eyes.

One night, Ye Zheng was suddenly awakened by the singing of a mermaid while he was sleeping.

Is Andrew calling for his companion? Ye Zheng rubbed his eyes and thought, and walked out in confusion, not knowing what Andrew was doing at such a late hour.

Ye Zheng stepped on the cold sand with his bare feet, causing a slight friction pain. Ye Zheng, who was a little sober, thought that this time the mermaid's singing seemed particularly seductive, gentle, and extraordinarily soft compared to the past...

"Andrew?"

Ye Zheng stood on the beach and opened his mouth in surprise, At that moment all her sleepiness ran away.

Under the starlight, Andrew's big, sparkling tail kept gliding across the water. His movements did not affect the song that attracted Ye Zheng here at all.

Andrew's huge fins stood up high, and it rolled on the water, stirring up a sea of ​​tiny starlight.

It gradually swam in and stopped not far from the coast to stare at Ye Zheng.

Ye Zheng held his breath, as if he was seeing a mermaid for the first time. He couldn't take his eyes away and looked at the unusually beautiful sea creature in front of him. It was even more beautiful than usual.

At this moment, Ye Zheng finally confirmed that the person who had just sang was Andrew.