Chapter 16

Ye Zheng stood on the shore and carefully observed the current situation of the sea: the weather was very clear, there was no wind, and the sea was still very quiet. Ye Zheng could see the corals swaying softly in the shallow water under the sun and waves. Waves of fish swam happily in front of her.

Ye Zheng tied the bow and arrow tightly on his body again, slowly got into the water, and then swam towards an island on the side.

The ocean is different from the lake. Even if the other environment is very good and the water surface is calm, you can find the undercurrent of water under the water when you jump in. For Ye Zheng, who was in it, she had to control her body very carefully and push hard to go in the desired direction.

Ye Zheng tried hard to keep his head above the water and swam forward in a breaststroke posture. This swimming posture with his head above the water greatly hindered Ye Zheng's progress. But Ye Zheng couldn't immerse her head in the water like before. She didn't have swimming goggles, and the seawater was too irritating to her eyes.

Fortunately, Ye Zheng's physical strength was pretty good, and it was still within her ability to swim to the island fifty meters away.

Ye Zheng slowly climbed ashore, then lay down on the beach and began to rest. Swimming to this island is not something that happens overnight. After she stayed on four islands to recover her strength, she swam to this small island. After feeling sore and resting for ten minutes, I slowly walked towards the interior of the island.

This is a relatively large island that Ye Zheng has discovered so far. Three days ago, when Ye Zheng was exploring this island, she discovered a small animal that looked very much like a marmot. When Ye Zheng saw them, they were not afraid of Ye Zheng at all. They ignored her and were still busy digging for something on the ground with their claws. Then two or three of them worked together to lift away the one that was still covered in mud. thing.

Ye Zheng stood in the distance and observed carefully, and found that they were digging the round roots of a plant buried in the soil. Ye Zheng was excited at that time because the root looked very much like a potato! Although it was still wrapped in the mud and even the surface could not be seen clearly, Ye Zheng intuitively felt that it was.

She immediately remembered the shape of the plant leaves and thought of digging in places where there were no groundhogs. After searching like this, Ye Zheng discovered that the island with the small marmot animals was much larger than the one she lived on. Plants that might have been potatoes grew everywhere.

Ye Zheng immediately dug one out, cut it open and tasted it carefully. He found that not only the appearance, but also the taste was a bit like potatoes, with a soft and chewy texture and a sweet taste. Ye Zheng felt that this kind of starch-rich food was the most suitable for her. She didn't bother to think too much and simply decided to call this plant that from now on.

While she couldn't wait to eat the remaining potatoes, she thought sadly that she didn't like to eat this kind of thing when she was still on earth. Especially after arriving in the United States, potatoes were basically fried or minced, so she didn't like eating them even more. But here, after living on fish and fruits for more than ten days, she actually felt that raw potatoes were so delicious!

Ye Zheng thought about relying on this as a staple food in the future, so from that day on, she has been swimming here to eat this kind of potatoes for three days in a row. Ye Zheng even carried a potato on her first day back, but her swimming style was already very difficult. She couldn't swim with a potato in her hand, so Ye Zheng had to eat the second potato too. Lose.

But today is different. Ye Zheng brought something to hold potatoes.

It is a wide sheet of seaweed.

When Ye Zheng was cleaning up the small stone nest, he used wide leaves from the land to cover it, but he couldn't fix it. She tried many methods, including using mud to paste it, tying it with cloth strips, and pressing it with straw poles, but nothing worked.

If she used mud to paste it, the entire small stone nest would be washed away and look dirty on rainy days. The mermaid, who was already dissatisfied with the coral being covered in mud, became even more unhappy. It even refused to enter the nest when sleeping at night! That night, after seeing the small stone nest surrounded by mud, the mermaid flicked its big tail, and the mermaid spun around in the water a few times, and then quickly disappeared. It wasn't until midnight the next day that it came back with a groan - that By that time, Ye Zheng had already cleaned the small stone nests and even every coral hole.

And if Ye Zheng had used cloth strips and straw poles, then as long as the strong wind blew, the roof that had been maintained with great difficulty would basically be scrapped. As a small island on the ocean, the climate is greatly affected by the ocean. It rains basically every two or three days and there are strong winds every day. If Ye Zheng insists on using cloth strips and straw poles, it means that the roof repair rate will become quite high.

In the end, the mermaid solved this problem for Ye Zheng. After seeing Ye Zheng struggling to use the big banana-like leaves as a roof again, it brought up a lot of plants from the bottom of the sea, which were very wide seaweed leaves. .

When Ye Zheng held the seaweed, he really felt like he was going to laugh or cry. How much work did she spend? Even her clothes were torn and the mermaid didn't understand that what she wanted was seaweed. But before she expected it, the mermaid actually brought it to her first!

She didn't know whether to praise the mermaid for being smart or criticize it for being stupid.

As soon as Ye Zheng used it, he found that this kind of seaweed was much better than the wide leaves on land, and it was particularly compliant. Although they lose moisture easily under the sun, there is a lot of rain here, so they will quickly return to their original wide appearance. They are very durable, waterproof and windproof. What's more, the mermaid likes this kind of green and blue seaweed so much that she doesn't even care about sticking it to the stone nest to block the coral.

After getting along with mermaids for a long time, Ye Zheng discovered that mermaids have a natural, unstoppable and enthusiasm for decorating their stone nests. It found beautiful shells, stones, corals and even turtle shells from the depths of the sea, and sprinkled them around the stone nest with a tinkling sound. It even wanted to cover the bottom of the stone nest with stones, so Ye Zheng was so frightened that he quickly stopped it.

joke! When it is in the sea, it can hang in the water. There is no problem at all by paving stones on the bottom of the rock nest. But when it reaches the shore, Ye Zheng has to sleep. If the bottom is paved with large and small stones, Ye Zheng will not have to sleep. .

The first time the mermaid did this, she reluctantly took out the stone under Ye Zheng's obstruction. But Ye Zheng was woken up by the movement around him in the middle of the night, and found that the mermaid was laying stones next to him. But soon, when the mermaid lay down on her own, she found that sleeping was indeed not that comfortable.

After hesitating for a long time, the mermaid who loved to decorate lay down behind the stone nest with her tail curled up: she would rather sleep outside than give up the stones in her "nest".

In the end, Ye Zheng had no choice but to get up and bury the stones into the ground. In the end, he managed to make his stones visible to the fish and not so uncomfortable when he slept. The mermaid was indeed happy and used the tip of her tail to hook Ye Zheng's feet affectionately.

However, the mermaid's love for decoration also has its advantages. From then on, it became very interested in the roof of Shiwo. It very proudly gave Ye Zheng many large sheets of seaweed, and asked Ye Zheng to stack them layer by layer.

What Ye Zheng used to pack the potatoes this time was the seaweed she cut from the roof. Ye Zheng planned to wrap five or six potatoes and tie them to his body to take back. After all, the island is far away and it is too inconvenient to visit every day. Ye Zheng also wants to visit other islands that he has never been to.

However, when Ye Zheng tied the potatoes to his body and prepared to go into the water, the weather suddenly changed again and it started to rain heavily. Ye Zheng trotted all the way and hid under a big tree, looking worriedly at the sea that started to surge in an instant. It was okay to get wet from the rain, but the waves on the sea were so noisy. How should she go back? When she came out, the dried fish was still drying outside!

When Ye Zheng was anxious, he found a fish swimming towards him in the far sea with its dorsal fin exposed.

"No way?" Ye Zheng muttered, this shouldn't be his mermaid, right?

Although the mermaid likes to stay with Ye Zheng, it is a fish after all and stays in the sea longer. Usually when Ye Zheng wakes up, the mermaid has already left - Ye Zheng found that its sleep time is very short, and like most wild animals, it is always alert. At least usually only when most of the day has passed, or even when the sun is about to go down, the mermaid who entered the water early will swim back to play with her. Showing off some newly caught prey to her.

That's why Ye Zheng stood on tiptoes and squinted through the heavy rain curtain to identify the figure rising and falling in the sea. As the fish got closer and closer, Ye Zheng opened her mouth in surprise. It was indeed her mermaid!

Ye Zheng hugged the potatoes and bow and arrow tightly, and rushed outside despite the heavy rain. Then she stood on the shore and waved to the mermaid: "Hey, here! Look here!" The heavy rain quickly soaked

her clothes, and Ye Zheng She was soaked in the rain, but Ye Zheng didn't find the rain so big that she could hardly open her eyes annoying at all. She smiled happily and waved her arms firmly in the direction of the mermaid.

The mermaid quickly swam towards the shore where she was standing, stopped at her feet, and held her ankle with its cold claws.

"Hi," Ye Zheng squatted down, looked at it happily, and asked a series of questions: "Why are you back at this time? How do you know I am here? Don't you need to hunt? How could you come in such time?" !"

The mermaid looked at Ye Zheng with wide eyes, tilted its head, and then carried Ye Zheng into the sea. Ye Zheng screamed and then landed on its back.