Chapter 32

Not long after, Ye Zheng and Andrew returned to the island where they usually lived.

Andrew was still lying on his back, "Zheng Zheng", he called out, looking at Ye Zheng with his big eyes, as if wondering why she didn't hurry up. Ye Zheng couldn't explain clearly. She was too embarrassed along the way and maintained the same posture for a long time. Now her whole body was a little stiff. She grinned and moved her shoulders and arms, then supported Andrew to stand up from the water, and then walked unsteadily from Andrew's body to the beach.

Although his feet were still a little weak, Ye Zheng still tried to walk as fast as possible, wanting to go back to Xiaoshiwo as soon as possible.

"Zhengzheng."

Andrew called her from behind again. Seeing that Ye Zheng didn't look back at it, he called her several more times.

Ye Zheng looked back and saw that Andrew's whole body had climbed onto the shore. He was holding a straw basket high and swinging it towards Ye Zheng.

Ye Zheng was a little embarrassed: he was in such a hurry just now that he suddenly took the basket off his hands without even noticing.

Ye Zheng had no choice but to shuffle back and took the basket the mermaid handed her.

Andrew looked carefully at Ye Zheng, who lowered his head and took the basket without looking at it. He probably didn't notice anything. It turned around and dived back into the sea.

It was almost night when Ye Zheng called it, but compared to its usual schedule, it should have been looking for food and playing in the sea now, and it was rushing back to the sea for another meal.

The mermaid disappeared under the sea in an instant, and Ye Zheng stood on the beach holding a wet straw basket. After all this trouble, Ye Zheng was much less embarrassed about Andrew, but he began to worry about him again: he must have eaten enough before he came up. How late will he come back?

The sea breeze blew coolly, and Ye Zheng felt that her feet were a little cold. She moved her toes, then returned to the small stone nest to light the fire pit, and then padded her feet with walrus skin.

Ye Zheng was sewing a large piece of walrus skin together with a slightly thick leather rope, while thinking worriedly. She didn't know if it was her imagination, but she felt that the daylight hours were shorter recently than when she first came here. And the weather is getting a little cooler again.

In Ye Zheng's hand was a sharpened bone needle. It was much thicker and clumsier than modern steel needles. Ye Zheng used it to painstakingly penetrate the walrus' skin and sew crookedly. She rarely used needles and threads before. Her clothes would not wear out, and if a button fell off, her mother would help sew it on. She could barely sew a few stitches during handicraft class - and those few stitches did not produce any finished product. .

Now, everything she uses and wears on her body is made by herself. Of course it doesn't look good, but it's usable and sturdy, and Ye Zheng is already satisfied.

But now, Ye Zheng, who originally wanted to sew again during the day tomorrow, sat by the fire pit and continued to mend her clothes under the afterglow of the sun and the light of the fire.

Ye Zheng secretly thought that it was not an illusion, the weather had really cooled down. She still remembered that she had marked more than fifty characters on the tree, and she had lived here for more than two hundred days. According to earth calculations, two-thirds of the year has passed. Therefore, she originally thought that the island she now lives on should be in the tropics with high temperatures all year round, and she has never paid much attention to climate change.

But now, Ye Zheng thought with some panic, what if more than two hundred days are just a season? A day here is about twice as long as on Earth, so maybe there are not only 365 days in a year.

Thinking that this island might be entering autumn, Ye Zheng couldn't sit still. Although sitting by the fire can keep warm, what if it rains? Thinking of this, Ye Zheng felt that he couldn't feel at ease unless he quickly made the walrus skin clothes in his hands. At least the clothes could be worn on him no matter it was sunny or rainy.

Speaking of which, this is the first time she has made serious clothes. In the past, walrus skins were used to make mats, covers, and simple tube-shaped clothes. Ye Zheng just felt that he also wanted to wear a dress with sleeves. She estimated the materials she would use and asked Andrew to bring back a big walrus. Unexpectedly, Andrew brought back three walruses in a row, which was more than enough.

Ye Zheng was thinking about something in her mind, but her hands were moving faster and faster. It wasn't until the sun completely set and the sky entered darkness that she breathed a sigh of relief and put aside the half-sewed walrus skin. No matter how anxious Ye Zheng is, she knows that she can no longer sew clothes at this time. She is an excellent shooter and hunter, and if she damages her eyesight, which she relies on for survival, it will be more than worth the loss.

Ye Zheng, who put down the clothes in her hands, started boiling water to make potato and walrus broth again. While adding firewood to the fire pit, she was thinking. The mermaid gave her three walruses. Should she give it something else? Woolen cloth?

Ye Zheng's eyes fell on the potato and walrus soup in the conch. When the walrus meat is cooked, it tastes a bit like mutton, and there is no smell. A bowl of hot potato and walrus soup. The potatoes are cooked softly, and some of them are scattered into the soup, making the soup taste a little thicker. It is paired with the walrus meat that is a little bit rotten. It is very fragrant without any seasoning. .

It's a pity that mermaids don't eat hot food, Ye Zheng thought regretfully, but he peeled a potato and cut it into pieces, added water and walrus meat, and simmered it slowly on the stove made of mud and stone.

Ye Zheng let Andrew's portion cool, and then carefully scraped off the oily layer on the soup surface. For Ye Zheng, a little bit of oil in the soup would only make it more fragrant, but she wasn't sure whether Andrew could accept it. After all, even she would feel greasy if the oil in the soup was cooled.

She scraped two or three times and threw the scraped things into the fire pit. The flames lit up with a "tingle" and soon returned to their original state.

Ye Zheng's attentiveness was correct. Andrew held the conch and licked it, then drank it down in one go. It ate up all the walrus meat and handed the empty conch to Ye Zheng with satisfaction. Ye Zheng took out the potatoes in advance and ate them herself. She already knew that the mermaid would not want to eat the potatoes.

Ye Zheng dipped a leaf in fresh water, wiped the little bit of soup from the mermaid's mouth, and stuffed a dried leaf into it for it to chew.

Ye Zheng always felt that chewing this kind of leaf felt a bit like modern soap and did not taste very pleasant. At first, she saw a group of monkeys chewing it and then spitting it out before trying to use it. Although it tastes bad, Ye Zheng uses it to clean his teeth, and there seems to be no cavities after so many days.

However, it is not that easy for the mermaid to accept this kind of leaf that does not taste very good. It is even harder than getting it to accept fire. The mermaid can't see what is good about chewing this kind of leaf. Ye Zheng and Andrew got into a big fight over this leaf. Neither side gave in to the other. When Andrew got angry, he swam away and hid in the sea for two or three days.

But in the end, the feud ended with Andrew surrendering. It would no longer reject Ye Zheng's "soap" leaves, but it would spit them out in disgust every time.

Ye Zheng pretended that he had never seen the little action of the mermaid spitting leaves into the fire pit. He let the mermaid, who was hurt by the smell of soap leaves, lie on his lap and began to teach Andrew how to read and speak.

She thought that Andrew had made a good start in learning names. He could say two or three names a day, but if he saved up for a hundred days, he could learn hundreds of names, right? Little things add up, and she feels that Andrew's fluent Chinese will not be a dream.

But contrary to expectations, the two of them made little progress. Except for the dozen or so words that Ye Zheng often said, Andrew learned to speak very slowly. His understanding of Ye Zheng's language was actually quite high, but he was very slow. talk less.

In the end, Ye Zheng couldn't help but asked Andrew, and he thought slowly: "It doesn't sound good." The

co-author disliked that her language was not as good as his!

Ye Zheng still made little progress in teaching it to speak today. Finally, a somewhat frustrated Ye Zheng asked it tentatively: "Do you want to learn to sing?" Singing is a

new word, and the mermaid has never heard it before. It looked at Ye Zheng curiously.

How to explain this word? Ye Zheng thought for a while and simply sang a song. She sang the song "Glory to the Lord" from the choir. She had sung this song many times and was relatively good at it.

Andrew looked up at Ye Zheng and listened quietly to Ye Zheng singing a short paragraph.

After Ye Zheng finished singing, he lowered his head and explained to Andrew: "This is singing, does it sound good?"

To be fair, Ye Zheng's voice is very beautiful, clear and delicate, and has the tenderness of a girl. But her singing level is really average. She can't lower the low notes and can't raise the high notes, and she's still too weak. After Ye Zheng finished singing, he thought back and realized that he didn't run away. He was very happy and felt that he had chosen the right song. She sang this song because she felt that the songs in the choir sounded a bit ethereal, which was closer to the taste of mermaids.

Andrew could understand what Ye Zheng meant when he asked "Are you okay?" and he knew how Ye Zheng wanted him to answer.

But this time, after hearing Ye Zheng's question, it didn't answer immediately as usual. Andrew glanced at Ye Zheng in embarrassment, then looked at the fire a little hastily, and finally looked at Ye Zheng. Its tail flicked uneasily. After hesitating for a while, Andrew reluctantly said with a guilty conscience: "Okay."