Chapter 26

The mermaid completed several 360-degree rotations in various strange postures on the beach, and finally lay down calmly on the beach. It stared viciously at the grass stalk that had been burned to ashes. Although the fire had long been extinguished, the mermaid still looked there angrily.

After Ye Zheng witnessed the strange bouncing posture of the mermaid just now, he suddenly remembered that wild animals are probably afraid of fire?

Not to mention mermaids, creatures that live in the sea all year round. Based on their living habits, Ye Zheng felt that most mermaids might not be able to encounter natural fire once in their lives. Moreover, mermaids who live underwater should not have the opportunity to face the phenomenon of crystal focused life. For the mermaid in front of him, the sparks that suddenly flashed in front of him probably really frightened him. When seeing fire for the first time, the mermaid instinctively feels scared.

But after witnessing the straw burning, Ye Zheng made up his mind to make the fire come out no matter what... Even the mermaid couldn't stop her.

Ye Zheng cleared his throat, then leaned on his bones and limped a few steps toward the mermaid who was still staring at the ashes alertly.

Now the mermaid was finally willing to turn its head and look at Ye Zheng. It crawled towards Ye Zheng, leaned against Ye Zheng's side, stretched out its paws to hug Ye Zheng's legs, and stared up at it. Ye Zheng was actually not afraid of the fire just now.

For some reason, Ye Zheng looked at the mermaid's wet eyes and always felt that the mermaid holding his feet always had a rare sense of weakness. A little spark actually scared the ocean overlord like this. She felt that her image in the eyes of the mermaid at this moment must be extremely tall.

Ye Zheng knelt down with some difficulty. Her right foot was spread flat, her left leg was curled up, and she reached out and patted the mermaid who was covered in sand.

The mermaid meekly rested her head on Ye Zheng's knees and hugged Ye Zheng's thighs. The cold claws touched Ye Zheng's bare skin, and she actually shivered on a hot day. Then her lower abdomen tightened, and she felt heat gushing out again, standing on the leaves she was wrapped in.

There is no way, the next day, I will always take a little more.

Ye Zheng accepted his fate with a grimace, pressed the mermaid who was trying to sniff up her thigh because of the smell, and pressed the mermaid's head on his thigh. Fortunately, the mermaid knew that she was very strong and didn't struggle much. She just lay on Ye Zheng's lap obediently and asked her to clean up the sand she had just caught from rolling around.

Although Ye Zheng wore a hat made of leaves on her head, the sunlight did not shine directly on her face. But with such a high temperature and the sun shining on her back, Ye Zheng, who was cleaning the sand for the mermaid, soon started to sweat.

Ye Zheng was not the only one who felt the heat. Mermaids are a species that is accustomed to living in the water. Even if they go ashore to play with Ye Zheng at night, it will only last for four or five hours at most, let alone under the bright sun.

The mermaid probably felt uncomfortable. The sand on its body hadn't been cleaned yet, so it raised its body again, rubbed Ye Zheng affectionately, and then moved back to the sea.

Seeing that the mermaid was gone, Ye Zheng's mind started to move again. She limped and slowly moved to the side of the hut and sat down.

Taking advantage of the mermaid's absence, Ye Zheng placed a small pile of hay stalks under the crystal. She could see the bright white circle coming out of focus.

As expected, this time, under Ye Zheng's eyes, the hay straw soon started to burn.

Ye Zheng couldn't be more excited. Unfortunately, Ye Zheng had never thought that she could find a way to make a fire before. Although she suddenly had a way to make a fire, Ye Zheng didn't have enough fuel, and she didn't have enough fuel. Just some hay stalks.

Ye Zheng looked at his legs with some frustration. It was really not a wise choice to cut grass stalks or install leaves while still using crutches. It seems that it would be better to wait until her legs are a little better and she can move independently before considering it?

But Ye Zheng, who had just gotten the fire, was still a little excited. She buried the potatoes shallowly in the sand, then spread straw stalks on the surface of the sand. In the center of the straw stalks, she put a conch filled with water, and then she waited for the grass. The rod burned again.

This time, Ye Zheng's attempt got her half-conch hot water and half-cooked potatoes.

After Ye Zheng waited for the blackened conch shell to cool down, he took a shallow sip of the still warm water. When Ye Zheng drank the ordinary fresh water, he felt that every pore was opened comfortably. Warm water poured down Ye Zheng's throat and into her stomach. She felt her body tightening from her lower abdomen.

The feeling of hot water was so great. Ye Zheng held the conch and refused to let go. Even the roasted potatoes were happily eaten with warm water. She became more and more sure that she needed this crystal to make a fire. .

However, the mermaid is completely different from what Ye Zheng thought. For it, which is naturally afraid of fire, crystal is no longer a good thing. When it came ashore again after eating and drinking, it tried to take the big crystal away so that it would no longer be an eyesore.

Fortunately, Ye Zheng discovered the mermaid's intention in time. After making full use of gestures and body language, Ye Zheng, who was thirsty and thirsty, finally stopped the mermaid's behavior and persuaded it to keep the crystal. The mermaid stared at the crystal suspiciously for a long time, and finally gave in.

Next, Ye Zheng found that the crystal had been moved to her side. The mermaid no longer let the crystal stick at the door. It leaned the crystal against the outer wall where Ye Zheng's head usually faced when sleeping. When sleeping at night, the mermaid, who always likes to be close to Ye Zheng, also lies down as far away as possible, and only lies down for a short period of time. Ye Zheng, who had not yet fallen asleep, heard the sound of the mermaid leaving in the middle of the night for the first time.

It was still frightened by the flash of fire, and was even a little afraid of the crystal.

Ye Zheng listened melancholy to the sound of the mermaid crawling away. She always felt that if she wanted fire to become a constant in her life, the mermaid would be able to pass it no matter what. You can't just make a fire without a mermaid, right?

She tried playing with the grass stalks in front of the mermaid, but before the grass stalks could burn, the mermaid swung her tail unceremoniously and swatted away the grass stalks and knocked down the crystal. Its slapping behavior even caused a network of cracks on the surface of the crystal, which shows its strength and determination to resist.

Fortunately, Ye Zheng's foot injury healed quickly. The kick only twisted her foot and did not break her bones. Although the mermaid spends less time on the shore, it never forgets to change Ye Zheng's dressing every time it comes. It seemed like it had dug out sea mud from somewhere in the sea, and then brought it over inside the hollowed-out sea clam.

Ye Zheng soon got rid of the dilemma of using a cane, and she was able to walk slowly with a limp.

As soon as her hands were free, Ye Zheng couldn't help but get a lot of hay straws, and moved the straws to the small stone nest again and again. She was worried that it would rain on rainy days, so the straws were all piled up in the stone nest. inside, almost filling the space where she slept.

When it was almost afternoon, the mermaid who was concerned about Ye Zheng's feet finally came up on time with the clam shell and sea mud.

Ye Zheng smiled and waved to the mermaid maliciously. After she took the clam shell, she put it aside. She put down what she was holding and carefully held the mermaid in her arms. Ye Zheng used his hands and feet to trap and restrict the mermaid's movement.

The mermaid looked up at her, and Ye Zheng carefully rubbed its neck and back, "Just lie down for now, okay?" It didn't matter that the

mermaid couldn't understand her words. Ye Zheng pressed his hand on the mermaid's dorsal fin, slightly With the exertion of force, the heavy mermaid leaned against her docilely, while she and the mermaid leaned against the shadow formed by the stone nest.

Ye Zheng put the grass stalk under the crystal with her backhand, and she stood the crystal under the sun.

The mermaid obviously saw her movements, and it raised its body uncomfortably, trying to get away, trying to swat them away like it always did.

But Ye Zheng hugged its neck and dorsal fin and pressed it in his arms, with the obvious intention of not letting it leave. If the mermaid really wants to break away from her, it is of course a very simple matter, as long as it does not consider whether it will hurt Ye Zheng. In the end, it had to be trapped in Ye Zheng's arms.

Under Ye Zheng's hand was its strong dorsal fin spur. The mermaid's spurs had grown out a long time ago, and now the mermaid had collected the spurs into its fins.

Ye Zheng used the gentlest voice in its ear, whispering again and again, trying to calm down the restless mermaid. He gently stroked and patted its neck. The mermaid kept clasping its claws on Ye Zheng's shoulders. One paw restlessly rested on the ground, scratching in the sand. But its head looked back from her shoulder, staring at the pile of straw under the crystal.

Soon, the grass stalks under the crystal started to burn.

At the same time, Ye Zheng immediately felt that the body of the mermaid in his arms was tense, and it was trembling after seeing the fire.

But the mermaid didn't spread its fins and jump like the first time. Ye Zheng knew that the mermaid was worried about hurting her, so she hugged the mermaid tighter with one hand, then picked up the conch filled with water and pounced on it.

With a "zilla" sound, the little bit of fire was immediately extinguished.

The mermaid in Ye Zheng's arms finally stopped trembling, and the danger was over. It slowly relaxed and stared at the conch in Ye Zheng's hand.

"Look," Ye Zheng handed the conch to it and patted its back gently. There were still water drops hanging on the inner wall of the conch. "The water you are most familiar with can destroy it. You don't need to be afraid of it, right?"

The mermaid took the conch from Ye Zheng's hand and looked at it for a long time. Then he carefully picked up a small handful of straw and threw it under the crystal.