Chapter 9

Ye Zheng walked around the island along the coastline. She found that this island was really suitable for a human being like her with no great ability to live.

This island is large enough. Although Ye Zheng didn't recognize most of the plants as she walked along, it didn't stop her from counting the types of plants. There were about thirty or forty species, which was quite rich.

There are no wild beasts, and Ye Zheng doesn't have to worry about wild beasts like he did on that continent.

While inspecting the island, Ye Zheng took a long branch and knocked it on it as she walked, but she didn't find a snake hanging out anywhere.

The most important thing is that there is actually a small lake on a part of this island! Ye Zheng took a few tentative bites and was pleasantly surprised to find that it was still a freshwater lake! I don't know how the mermaid was discovered.

Ye Zheng took two big sips of cool water. The water flowed from her lips and flowed down her neck, soothing her skin that was burned by the sun.

That's great, Ye Zheng thought as he wiped the water from his lips with the back of his hand. At present, it seems that there is no safer and more suitable place for her than here.

It was too simple to give the mermaid only a ring and a bracelet as a thank you gift. Ye Zheng thought of the mermaid's joy when she got the small gift, and thought that maybe she could make up something else for it.

But now the big fish happily swam back to the sea after getting those two small gifts. Ye Zheng didn't know when it would come to see her again. She felt that she had to make a suitable house for herself first.

There are many trees on the island, and they look tall and strong. But not to mention that Ye Zheng didn't have the tools at hand. Even if she had the tools, she wouldn't have the physical strength to build a wooden house. Her eyes finally fell on the clump of long-stemmed grass. She doesn't know anything else, but setting up a simple tent shouldn't be too difficult, right?

Ye Zheng is considered an action person. After making up her mind, she immediately tied the cloth strip around her upper body tightly and began to harvest the grass stalks one by one.

When she was weaving with straw, she felt that the tough straw was just a little difficult to cut, but when she needed to harvest a large area, she found that this job was really a big challenge.

When the sun was about to sink below the sea level, Ye Zheng struggled to straighten up with his stiff waist and looked at the large pile of straw scattered in front of him with a sense of accomplishment.

"If I could go back, I would definitely give myself a nickname: Forage Harvester." Ye Zheng thought happily, she was pretty good, at least she had something to block the wind when she slept at night.

Along with the satisfaction of hard work, there is also a feeling of hunger.

Ye Zheng had been working hard for so long, and now his stomach was empty. Ye Zheng listened to the protest from his stomach and picked up an oval orange peel fruit placed aside.

This is also a fruit that Ye Zheng has never seen before. During the day, she discovered that a toucan would swallow this fruit with the skin in its stomach. Ye Zheng thought they were probably non-toxic, so he picked seven or eight of them from the tree and planned to eat them when he was hungry.

Ye Zheng carefully cut a hole in the fruit. The juice of the fruit flowed down the back of her hand along the hole, and the sour taste immediately filled the tip of Ye Zheng's nose.

"Gulu——" Her stomach made a crawling sound again, and the sour smell made Ye Zheng feel even hungrier.

She opened the small half of the skin with great anticipation and couldn't wait to take a bite.

very sour!

Ye Zheng wrinkled his face in pain.

It was not the sweet and sour fruit that ordinary people like to see. This fruit tasted like a completely unripe lemon. It was not only sour and difficult to swallow, but also had a bitter taste.

Ye Zheng looked regretfully at the half of the fruit left in his hand and the seven or eight whole fruits scattered around his feet.

Just when Ye Zheng was worried about these non-toxic but inedible fruits, she heard the movement from the seaside.

It must be that mermaid!

Hearing the sound, Ye Zheng ran outside without thinking, holding the few remaining fruits. As she ran, she laughed at herself. There is a nerve reflex training method called Pavlov on earth, and she is... almost there now. .

After a while, she ran to the shore where the noise came from. As Ye Zheng expected, it was still the same mermaid and the familiar big lobster.

This time Ye Zheng sat down unceremoniously, and the mermaid didn't leave the lobster and run away. One person and one fish sat peacefully facing each other. The mermaid skillfully cut open the back of the big lobster with its sharp claws in front of Ye Zheng.

When Ye Zheng took the lobster handed to her by the mermaid, he had a sudden idea and sprinkled some of the sour juice on the shrimp meat, then tore off the shrimp meat and put it in his mouth.

This time, the shrimp tasted even better than the previous two times!

The umami flavor of the shrimp itself, the slight smell of the sea that was covered by the juice, and the sourness of the juice, all the flavors blended harmoniously in Ye Zheng's mouth.

Ye Zheng narrowed her eyes with satisfaction. She simply squeezed all the juice from the entire fruit onto the shrimp shell containing the shrimp meat without any scruples, then tore it apart with her fingers and put it into her mouth.

When Ye Zheng sucked the juice of her finger, she found that the mermaid's eyes were firmly glued to the shrimp in her hand.

It seems that it wants to eat, and it wants to eat very much.

But what makes Ye Zheng feel strange is that it is different from the way it took the ring directly from Ye Zheng's head during the day; although it seems to really want to taste the shrimp meat in Ye Zheng's hand, it He actually just looked at it without moving his paws.

Ye Zheng could only secretly speculate that this might be because for most animals, food and territory are absolutely inviolable, and they would naturally have reservations about snatching food from other animals' mouths - unless they are extremely hungry. Although this lobster was brought up by the mermaid, it now belongs to Ye Zheng, so it will not stretch out its claws easily.

Ye Zheng raised his eyes and smiled, tore off a piece of shrimp meat soaked in juice and placed it near the mermaid's mouth.

"Ah -" she said softly.

The mermaid was stunned for a moment and opened his mouth hesitantly.

At this moment, Ye Zheng retracted his arm with extremely agile movements and threw the shrimp meat back into his mouth.

The mermaid's mouth was still half-open stupidly, and it stared at Ye Zheng blankly, seemingly confused.

Ye Zheng tore off the second piece of shrimp meat, then slowly extended his arm, and then suddenly retracted it when the mermaid opened its mouth again.

This time the mermaid's mouth was closed, its tail patted the sand gently, and its big wet eyes stared at Ye Zheng.

It was lifeless, Ye Zheng was sure: its eyes had not turned into vertical pupils, and its fins had not stood up. Therefore, its behavior makes it feel particularly aggrieved.

"Okay, okay," Ye Zheng said with a smile, "I will give it to you this time."

She tore off the third piece of shrimp meat and was about to actually feed it to the human fish when it suddenly pounced on it. , overwhelming Ye Zheng.

"Oops -" Ye Zheng didn't react in time and felt dizzy. Her back hit the damp sand, and the expressionless face of the mermaid appeared in front of her.

Its heavy body pressed on top of Ye Zheng, and the seawater still carried on it immediately passed through Ye Zheng's thin clothes and reached her body. The mermaid's cold claws grasped Ye Zheng's wrist, then she leaned over her head, opened her mouth wide and took away the third piece of shrimp meat from Ye Zheng's hand.

Its tongue swept across Ye Zheng's fingertips, and Ye Zheng couldn't help but let go of his hand.

Ye Zheng was also a little dazed. She watched the mermaid chew the shrimp meat and then swallowed it expressionlessly.

"Is it delicious?" Ye Zheng asked hesitantly. She thinks it's too bad that mermaids don't have facial nerves. They don't have expressions of happiness or pain when feeding, which gives people no sense of accomplishment at all.

The mermaid's actions answered her, her tail snapping slightly against the ground before opening her mouth again. This time it let go of Ye Zheng's hand and stood up with its arms supporting its upper body, its heavy body no longer pressing down on Ye Zheng.

"Okay, I get it." Ye Zheng muttered, "I know you want to eat it."

Ye Zheng bent his free and flexible arms and began to tear into the lobster resignedly.

A lobster tail was quickly divided between the two of them.

The mermaid stared at the empty shrimp shell and left Ye Zheng's body. Ye Zheng then pushed himself to sit up and looked at the mermaid who was playing with the remaining intact fruit.

"If you want, you can take it away."

Ye Zheng sighed and stuffed the fruit into the mermaid's paw.

The mermaid looked at the fruit in her arms, then at Ye Zheng, then put the fruit back into Ye Zheng's arms.

Eh? Ye Zheng was a little surprised. When did this big fish become so polite?

But then, the big fish made an unexpected move: just like Ye Zheng did during the day, it patted the open space next to Ye Zheng's legs.

"...You want me to sit here?" Ye Zheng was not sure, so she asked tentatively.

The mermaid couldn't understand or answer her. It patted the open space next to Ye Zheng again.

Ye Zheng carefully placed the fruits on the open ground.

The mermaid then stopped patting the ground, scooped up a large handful of sand with its claws, and poured it on Ye Zheng's feet. It moved very quickly, and before Ye Zheng could react, her feet were completely buried in the sand.

After the mermaid patted the sand that buried Ye Zheng's feet firmly, the mermaid jumped up and jumped back into the sea.

Ye Zheng stared at the calf whose soles were no longer visible: Could it be that the mermaid wanted her to wait for it here? Because it also knew that Ye Zheng couldn't hear it, so it simply buried Ye Zheng's feet?

Of course, the sand's binding power is very limited. If Ye Zheng is willing, she can still pull her feet out of the small pile of sand. But Ye Zheng thought about it and decided to maintain this posture in order to be happy when the mermaid came back.