Chapter 9 ~ A new Heir

"Who locked you all in this dungeon?" Victoria asked, as she searched for the key, "His majesty..the Emperor," one of the women answered, as Victoria unlocked the door. "He has no power to lock anyone up," She thought, "So how did he." 

"How long were y'all locked up for?" Victoria asked, as she helped everyone get out. "5 years," another woman stated, "He took us from our families and husband's, just to use us." Victoria looked at them, with compassion, as tears filled her eyes. "I'm sorry... I didn't know, I'll make sure you all get home safely," Victoria spoke with determination. "Thank you your majesty," The women bowed.

Victoria led them out of the palace, and into her own carriage, "Take them back to the village, and make sure they get home safely," Victoria told the conductor as she walked back inside the palace, and spotted nurses and doctors running to Anne's chambers. "What's going on?" Victoria asked, "Your majesty... Lady Anne is giving birth," Helen stated, "But she's been pregnant for only 5 month's..." "Wel-" "Your majesty," one of the doctors called out, "Lady Anne wishes that you'd be by her side when she delivers her baby." "Alright then... Lets go," 

The doctor led Victoria into Anne's chambers, while Anne looked over, "I only wish that you would watch the birth of your neic-" "That child is not

The doctor led Victoria into Anne's chambers, while Anne looked over, "I only wish that you would watch the birth of your neic-" "That child is not... And will not be related to me in any way," Victoria spoke harshly. "You don't have to be mean you know," Louis stated, as he placed his hand on Anne's stomach, "She is of low rank, I can treat her however I want to," Victoria blurted, as she scoffed. Hours and hours went by, and Anne was still in labor. "This is abnormal," One of the doctors uttered, as he looked at his book, "The baby should've came out by now," Anne heard him, and fear fell upon her.

Victoria watched her, then sat down in a chair, "Will y'all sped this up?" Victoria sighed, "I have more important matters to attend to, instead of watching the birth of your child." Anne looked at Victoria with tears in her eyes, "Why do you have to be so mean?" Anne asked, as she groaned in pain. Victoria smiled, and kept quiet, as she started to read a novel that was laying on the ground. Before Victoria could even read one word, Anne's baby came out, but it wasn't crying.

 Before Victoria could even read one word, Anne's baby came out, but it wasn't crying

"Sh-she's moving, but why isn't she crying?" Anne asked, "That's because she's dying." The doctor stated, as he placed two fingers on the side of the baby's neck. "She has passed-" the doctor uttered, as Anne burst out in tears. Louis came over and hugged her tightly, as Victoria got up. "Congratulations on the birth of your baby," she bowed, and left the room. "L-louis... Will you give me one more chance... Pleasee?" Anne begged, while she kept crying. "Yes..I will," Louis spoke loud enough for Victoria to hear. 

Victoria quickly went back to her chambers, and wrote Henry a letter and wrote, Anne's baby has died, as expected- I'm thinking about divorcing his majesty, but if I do I don't know what I'll do with my life next. I'm hosting a ball in a few day's and would love to see you there, Sincerely Victoria." She took one of her birds out of its cage, tied the letter to its ankle, is it flew outside. Victoria laid in her bed and sighed, as Louis came inside "Why did you have to be so mean," Louis asked, "Why did you enter my chambers without asking?" Victoria asked, "Oh..and congrats on getting an heir,"

Louis stared at her, "This is exactly why I don't love you," he stated. "I never needed you to love me though," Victoria scoffed, "I never needed you in the first place, but here you are, ruining my perfect life, just because you were a homeless slave boy," Louis didn't say anything. "I'm divorcing you in a few weeks," Louis blurted as Victoria smiled. "Okay!" "Okay?- is tht all you're gonna say? Okay!?" "I mean, what do you want me to do?" She asked, "Beg you to stay with me?" Louis glared at her, then left her chambers, as Victoria went to Anne's chambers.

"You have one day to bury your baby," She uttered, "If not I will drive you out if the palace by force," "Victoria... Please, give me more time I promis-" "ONE DAY ANNE," Victoria interrupted, "Knowing that there's a dead baby in my palace makes me uncomfortable, make sure she buries her baby by sun down," Victoria looked over at the doctors, while they bowed. "Bye Anne," Victoria scoffed, as she left her chambers, As Anne continued crying.