Chapter 8 ~ Toxic

The next morning, Victoria got out of her bed and went on a walk outside. She saw the wet dew on the green grass, the flowers getting ready to bloom, the birds and butterflies flying over head, and she spotted the sun rising over the horizon. Tears filled her eyes as she remembered her and Louis would always go on walks before they got married, they always stayed up late talking, and eating snacks when they were teens, but things are different now... Louis is different now. "Why can he be the same as he was when we were younger," Victoria whispered to herself, as Louis walked over, there was a smile across her face, as he slapped her. 

"HOW DARE YOU NOT HELP YOUR OWN COUSIN!" He yelled, as tears filled her eyes again, not from pain but from anger. "I have to help her?" Victoria asked, while she looked away. "A-are you crying?" Louis snickered,  "I thought you were an Empress, not a cry baby." "Is that all you're going to say?" Victoria asked, "Not an 'How are you' or 'How was your sleep'," "Why would i?" Louis asked, "You've changed.. A lot," Victoria sighed, "I liked you better when we were kids-" 

"And you wouldn't bare me a child," Louis interrupted, "now your over here telling me all these thing's," "You never came to my chambers like custom," Victoria stated. "Who cares about that custom," Louis rolled his eyes, "I might divorce you after all-" "And you know when you do, I will have you stripped from your title," Victoria uttered, as Louis got closer to her face, "And I'll see to it that you don't." Victoria scoffed, as she walked away, "DON'T WALK AWAY WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU WOMAN!" Louis yelled, as Victoria bumped into Henry, who was on his way to the Palace.

"Oh my apologies your majesty," Henry bowed, "I didn't see you there- I brought you the papers you asked to look at," "It's alright Henry," Victoria smiled, "You can take them to my office- I'll be there shortly," "Well your majesty, I'm really busy today, and I would appreciate if you could come now." "As you wish," Victoria led Henry to her office, and closed the doors. "I know you don't have any papers," Victoria sat down, "But why did you wish to see me?" "Oh I just wanted to visit you of course," Henry blushed, then sat down.

Victoria smiled, then looked away. "Your majesty- it really isn't safe for you to be with Louis," Henry sighed, "oh? Why not? Are you just jealous??" Victoria teased, as she looked at him with concern. "His majesty has had 54 mistresses since you and him has been married," Henry stated, as Victoria kept quiet, "He has 32 of them in a dungeon here..under this palace," "H-how do you know?" Victoria asked with curiosity, "One of then escaped, and told everyone in town.. And all over the kingdom," Tears filled Victoria's eyes, as she sat there, unable to talk. "E-everyone knows about this?" Victoria asked, "Yes, but they're afraid to say anything, because they believe his majesty will kill them,"

"I'll just have to let those women in the dungeon free," Victoria stood up. "Thank you for telling me this Henry," Victoria smiled, as she gave him a small box filled with rare gems. "You don't have to give me these your majesty," "Please, just take them," Victoria begged, "You're the first person.. Well guy I've known who's ever talk to me like this," Victoria looked at him in his eyes, as he took the box, "Thank you, your majesty," Henry bowed, "when we're alone, just call me by my name," Victoria stated.

"Yes ma'am," Henry teased, "I'll get going now, I'll see you soon Victoria," He smiled and left her chambers. Then Victoria immediately went to the underground dungeon, and spotted exactly 31 women sat on the dirty floor, wearing beautiful, but dirty dresses. "Your majesty," They bowed, "I'm here to get you all out," Victoria smiled.