side chapter: making the decision

A/N: okay listen, I'm struggling to write the ending. This chapter was originally part of chapter 49, but it obviously got waaay too long. So here's just a smutty bonus chapter while you wait for the finale 🖤

These were a couple of Lucy's memories she reflected on in the waiting room as she was deciding who to choose. Enjoy!

——————————————————————

Claire

It was only 2 o'clock, and I was sleepy. The girls had finished soundcheck a little early, but it was pouring rain. Billie was antsy; we had nowhere to go and it'd been nothing but travel and shows for a few days now.

"I wanna do something," she whined. "It's raining! You know I love rain! We should be doing something!"

Claire was on her lap. She giggled lightly, pressing her lips to Billie's whiny ones. Billie sank against her, powerless. That's usually how I felt, too.

"Stop whining," Claire whispered against her mouth. "I'm sure there's... something we could all do."

My eyes widened. We never fucked in the green room. Even if we could lock it, we didn't; there was too much coming and going, too many people needing in and out.

But I watched that old familiar look overtake Billie's face, saw her fingers grip Claire's waist roughly. Her eyes were hooded, her mouth wet where she licked her lips.

"Yeah?" Bill's voice was raspy and rough, my favorite sound. "You wanna fuck me right here, baby? Where anyone can see?"

I had been laying curled up on the other end of the couch with a book, and I abruptly sat up at this. I wanted to know the answer, too. They glanced over at me, smirking, then back at each other.

"Bill, I'll fuck you anywhere."

They kissed heatedly, and I watched with intensity, feeling myself burn up from within. I couldn't wait to see where it went.

And then Laura walked in, FaceTiming someone loudly, and they sprang apart.

Claire wiped her mouth and straightened her shirt, where Billie had been lifting up the fabric. Billie pulled her shaggy long hair slightly in front of her face, hiding bright pink lips and cheeks. I smirked at both of them, my lip between my teeth.

"You look horny, you know," Claire whispered, glaring at me.

I probably did.

"Billie, we gotta call Mark, come on," Laura said, out of breath, ending her FaceTime call.

Billie stared at her. "What? Why?"

Yeah, who the fuck is Mark?

"They fucked up the shipment, you know, the one to Ulta? Babe, come on."

Billie railed silently up at god, then roughly lifted Claire from her lap and dropped her onto mine. She murmured something in Claire's ear, who giggled and smacked her.

"Yes, ma'am," Claire muttered.

Then Billie leaned over and kissed me. "Love you."

I grinned at her. "Give my best to Mark."

She flipped me off and followed Laura out of the room.

Claire eyed me. "Come on."

She grabbed my hand and pulled me to the other side of the room, where several doors lined the wall. One was the restroom, we knew, but the others were undetermined.