chapter 19: note it

The next several days on tour were uneventful, a first in our relationship. I spent my days trying to get caught up on my website. I'd taken a small hiatus that weekend we were in New York, but when the great TikTok surge had hit my account, people had found my website and it had more traffic than I'd ever experienced. Then Billie posted her coming out post, and, well... When I finally reactivated my digital listings, I had all time sales.

Billie was proud of me, but I brushed it off. "I'm just riding your fame," I mumbled, blushing. "You know, the one thing I didn't wanna do?"

"Bullshit," she replied. "It doesn't matter how famous I am, if you have a shit product people won't buy it. This is all you, baby, your stuff is amazing. I just gave you a little free marketing."

This made me blush deeper and believe her a very tiny bit.

While she went through her daily routine, I found my own rhythm, excited by my traction enough to make new patterns and content. I still went to soundcheck, bringing my work, and sat nearby Billie for every meeting, wardrobe check, meal, and so on. She was always doing something, and I was just happy to be in the same vicinity of her.

I did her makeup every night.

Finneas and I ended up actually becoming good friends. I was afraid that he would be too protective of his sister to let me in, but it turned out our vibes matched well, and he lowered his big brother guard at least a little bit. Where Billie was wild, he was reserved, and I found that comforting sometimes, especially with how hectic tour was.

Most of the time we sat near each other, laptops open and absorbed in our respective work, comfortably silent. The rest of the time we were laughing over memes, or joking back and forth, usually at Billie's expense.

"Great, there's fuckin' TWO of you," she bellowed one evening as we cracked another joke about her, and we dissolved into hysterical laughter.

Every night after the show Billie and I got on the bus and fell into each others arms. We never went to sleep without touching each others skin. Even I, who initially hated the tightness of the bunk, got used to sleeping with her naked body completely wrapped around mine. The honeymoon phase was alive and well.

I was smitten, and so was she. She rifled through clothing racks across the room, and I ached for her to be closer, checking the time and willing her to be done so I could hold her. Claudia and I would go on outings for coffee or shopping, and I'd come back to have her cling to me for the next hour, whispering ardently in my ear how much she'd missed me. We were both hopeless.

We went several days without a single heated argument between us. I was working on not worrying over every little thing, like she'd pointed out.

But it couldn't last. Something had to happen. And it did, one afternoon when we were in the bunk. It was a driving day, and I'd slid into our bunk to take an afternoon nap, while Billie laid on the couch playing Animal Crossing with Claudia.

Of course, she'd followed me only a few minutes after I'd gotten comfortable. Now she was on top of me, and this time I was perfectly fine with it.

"Baby," she murmured, and thrusted her hips forward, driving the strap-on dick into me. "Is it good?"

I couldn't speak. I moaned into her ear instead, and she laughed softly, kissing a line down my throat. I gripped her waist, slid my hands across her lower back, settled my hands on her ass as it pushed into me again. I whimpered.

"I love you, baby," she whispered, and pressed her lips to mine. "You feel so good..."

We continued like that for a long time. We were getting better all the time at drawing it out, moving slower, enjoying every minute pressed together. Sure, we had moments here and there that were purely for pleasure. Quick and hot, usually in the middle of the day, hiding from everyone somewhere private.