chapter 8: a gift

Just four days after our night together in my apartment, I pulled up in front of Billie's hotel.

Her team had worked it out for me to arrive late on Thursday evening, the night before the show at Madison Square Gardens on Friday night. She had another show on Saturday evening at the same spot, so I would stay for that one, too. After that... well, I hadn't heard word of a return flight home.

It had been a long day of travelling, having gotten to the airport at 4 that morning, so when I finally arrived I was exhausted. One of Billie's personal security guys met me at the car and helped me carry my stuff in. I'd seen him before, and he gave me a small smile and wave when he saw me. He already had a keycard for me so I didn't need to check in. "I'll take you right up," he said.

It felt like overkill for him to escort me, but I obediently followed him into the elevator. He must have known from my glances at his hulking frame what I was thinking. "It's just easier," he shrugged. "That way Billie knows no one will follow you up to the room."

Not getting a keycard myself, getting escorted to the room... what kind of things did she deal with on a day to day basis? What had people tried to do? I shivered and burned at the same time. I hated that she couldn't feel safe.

The hotel was swanky, and she was in the presidential suite. There was a special elevator that required my keycard. When it opened, I realized it was private, and only went to that room. The security guard helped me into the room, unloaded my stuff for me, and said goodbye.

The door closed, and I looked around, butterflies erupting in the pit of my stomach. It was by far the biggest hotel room I'd ever been in. And it was empty.

I stood in the doorway marveling at the silence. Was she here? Was I in the right room? I took a shaky breath.

"Uh... Marco?"

I heard Billie laugh and yell somewhere to my left, "POLO!"

I kicked off my shoes and followed the sound. I walked past an expansive dining area, fancy living room, a couple of doors that looked like they led to bedrooms, and found a door behind which I could hear running water. "Bill?"

"Come in!"

I pushed open the door and found her. Naked, in the biggest shower I'd ever seen. "Wow. Hi."

She grinned at me on the other side of the glass. "I figured you'd be getting off a plane and you'd want to shower right away."

I swallowed. "You figured right..."

She turned away from me and angled the front of her body into the shower, showing me the back. I was frozen to the spot.

"And I figured it'd be nice to have a little gift waiting for you, when you got in the shower."

I still couldn't move. Her body was incredible, and it was hot, and wet, her hands running down her ass. Again, she had the right idea. I'd been dying to touch her for days. If only I could figure out how to move my body again.

"So..." she said, grinning at me over her shoulder. "You could come and enjoy that shower if you wanted... like, right now."

I blinked, and broke out of my stupor, ripping my clothes off. She laughed and turned back around to watch me with interest, hunger equal to mine on her face. She bit her lower lip and I fumbled, watching her run her hands down over her breasts, down her stomach, her thighs...

I got caught around the ankles of my sweatpants and pulled them off inside out. I ripped my panties off, my bra, and threw them on the floor in the heap with everything else, and hurled myself into the shower while she cackled.