chapter 25: mommy?

TRIGGER WARNING:
- This chapter contains consensual BDSM style sex, including spanking and edging
- also: mention of past nonconsensual underage BDSM style sex
————————————————————

We only had a little over two weeks left before the European leg of the tour, and we had started the first day with a heavy discussion about living together. I was too anxious for that shit.

Before I went out to the kitchen to face her, I took a shower. I leaned my head against the tile wall, and tried to let go. I took calming breaths, shedding off the layers of panic under the hot water.

I just wanted to enjoy her for a while, without worrying for the future.

I came out of the shower feeling a bit better. I pulled my hair up in a simple ponytail. My suitcase was in a heap in the corner. I found a white tank and a pair of baggy track pants and pulled them on, then headed out to the kitchen to see my girl.

She was laying in the middle of the living room floor with Shark, watching TikTok's.

I shook my head and went straight for the French press she'd left out on the the counter for me. "Is this how the rich and famous live? Just as lazy as the rest of us?"

She stuck her arm up in the air, then produced her middle finger for me.

"Love you, too," I said, laughing, and carried my mug of coffee over to the couch.

She eyed me. "You look sexy. Where you goin', mama?"

I rolled my eyes. "Nowhere, hopefully."

Shark was rolling all over her, and she wrapped her arms around him in a huge hug. "Nowhere to be today. Except, I was supposed to work on something with Finneas tonight, but I don't have to. I didn't know you'd be here."

I sipped my coffee. "No, you should go. I'll come with and visit Claudia, if she's free."

She brightened. "Okay, good idea. Then I can show you the studio."

"That's cute! It's on my stalker checklist."

She laughed and kissed Shark's head, then rolled onto her stomach and crawled across the floor to my feet. I set my coffee down on the end table beside the couch, and reached for her.

"C'mere," I murmured. "Let's have a snuggle day."

"Hell yeah," she said loudly, and I laughed.

We hadn't watched a lot of tv or movies together in our short relationship. We never seemed to have the time, and if we did, we'd always watched our favorite, The Office.

I found out that somehow she hadn't seen the original Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie yet, and I made a big deal about it, so we curled up on the couch with Shark and a mound of blankets.

Ten minutes in she was screaming with rage that no one had ever forced her to watch it. By the end she was laying on top of me, languishing in that feeling of enjoying a piece of pop culture so much you feel giddy.

She wrapped her arms around me and buried her face in my neck. "So good. So bad-good."

I chuckled. "I knew you'd love it. It's so perfect and so terrible."

"The fashion," she whimpered. "The campy 90s culture."

"Suddenly feeling gross that I lived in the 90s and you didn't, so let's move on," I groaned and she laughed.

"Okay, old lady, I get to pick the next one." She grabbed the remote.

"Or..." I said simply, smelling her clean hair, kissing her head.