Chapter XVI - Guilt Reigns

Dear guys, sorry matagal akong ‘di nakapag-UD. Busy kasi sa school. Tapos na ang exams kaya heto.

Nakikiusap po ako na sana ipagdasal niyong maka-top notch ako sa departmental exam namin sa Accounting. Please po. Salamat. God bless us all.

-Mia

XIAN’S POV

It’s our first night as husband and wife. I should stay with her but I chose to go out and leave her alone at home. Ni hindi man lang nga ako nagpaalam ng maayos. I can’t stand to be with her tonight. Not because I’m disgusted with her presence but because I’m disgusted with myself for deciding out of my head. I’m starting to feel uncomfortable with the situation we’re into. Living on the same roof with someone you don’t love is worst. I don’t like our setup but who am I to complain? This was my choice in the first place. Ginusto namin ‘to. Or should I say, ginusto ko ito. Kakayanin kong panindigan. But for now, I think I need to spare some time for myself to internalize that this would be my life from this day on.

I drove myself to the nearest bar. The bar where I used to hang out with her – the girl who used to be my world, my night, my day, my everything and the girl who broke my heart into pieces. Napasuntok ako sa manibela. I still love her. Nothing has change, even the years failed to do so. Pero kahit mahal ko pa siya, para saan pa? I already have Kim. Things will never be the same. I should try forgetting her. But the more I try, the more I fail.

Umupo ako sa bar stool. I asked for a shot of tequila. I turned my head around. I noticed how happy everyone was. While here I am, sitting with the weight of the world on me. Naubos ko ang ininom ko. I grabbed for another glass. And another. And another.

“Naku, Sir Xian. Ikaw pala yan!” Medyo may tama na rin ako. Paglingon ko, ang bartender pala ang nagsasalita. Suki na kasi ako dito kay kilala na niya ako. “Mukhang may problema Sir ah!”

“Di lang basta problema, Rey. Isang napakalaking problema. Isang shot pa nga! Yung malakas na malakas yung tama!”

“Naku, mukhang matindi nga bossing! Babae ba?” Kinakausap niya ako habang inilapag yung baso ng liquor. Tumango lang ako as my response. “Tsk. Malaking problema nga yan. Kung ‘di niyo ho mamasamain, tungkol ho ba ‘to kay Ma’am Tracy?” Tracy. Yes, Tracy. Isama mo pa si Kim.