Chapter XIII - Bad to Good

Happy 1st of February. Love month na, nganga na naman ako nito.

This chapter is for final editing pa bukas. Gusto ko lang po i-post para mabasa niyo. <3 God bless us all po. Wee.

-Mia

KIM’S POV

“Doc, how is she? She’s been asleep for about 24 hours now.” A familiar voice rang the bell. While someone is checking out the intravenous connected in me. It must be Zeke, talking with the physician attending my condition. I opened my eyes and saw the clear white walls. Only the light from the huge lampshade gives off light. I could smell the medicine-like scent. I can’t exactly remember what happened. All I know is that, I puked my intestine out and what happened next was totally vanished in my subconscious. I saw the both of them, all eyes on me. Zeke is with a woman in her 30’s suit.

“Oh God, Kim! Finally!” Zeke held my hand and squeezed it gently.

“Nasaan ako?” I murmured. Wala akong enough na lakas to speak. My visions are still blurry, cloudy.

“You’re in the hospital, Kim. Bigla ka na lang hinimatay. You don’t know kung gaano mo ako pinakaba!” Instead of answering, I opt to keep silent.

The door creaked and only to realize that it was my parents. My mom’s holding a cup of coffee. They must have been from the cafeteria. But wait, how come they’re here?

“Tita, Kim’s awake now.” Zeke said to mom. My mom walked directly towards me. She hugged me so tight.

“Oh my princess! What happened to you, anak?” She touched my both cheeks and rested her forehead on mine. At times like this, we all need a mom to make us feel warm and okay.

Bago pa man ako nakapagsalita, the doctor spoke for me. “She’ll be fine. Her body just needs a rest. Over fatigue is the best conclusion.”

“Doc, is my daughter pregnant?” Nanlaki ang mga mata ko sa tanong ni Daddy. Total silence covered the 4-corners. As what I have observed, ilang lingo na akong delayed. Madalas din akong sumusuka. I find it hard to get up to bed every morning. I feel dizzy moment by moment. ‘Pag nabuntis ako, will I be ready for the responsibility?

“Based on our laboratory tests…” Etong doktor din naman, masyadong pa-thrill. He scanned his medical records. “Negative” So it means, hindi ako buntis? Masaya ako ‘coz I could continue with my career, but sad at the same time kasi hindi nagbunga ang gabing pinagsaluhan namin. “She’s not pregnant but her ovary.” Mabuti na lang at marunong mag-ingles ang babaeng ‘to.

“Wait. What about my ovary?” Mahina kong sabi but I tried my very best to speak those words.

“Would you mind gentlemen to give us some room to talk?” Maluwag na sabi ng doktora. Tumango lang sina Daddy at Zeke at lumabas ng silid.

“Now doc, mind to explain?” Sabi ni Mommy na halatang kinakabahan.

“Ms. Chiu has this thing called ovarian cyst.” Ovarian cyst? Have I heard it right?

“Ovarian cyst, doc?”

“You heard it right, Ms. Chiu. Based on the test results, you have a 3cm-cyst located at your left ovary. The cyst may grow bigger and bigger. That’s why I recommend you to intake some medicines which may help melt down the cyst instead of having a surgery.”

“Am I going to die, doc?” OA na kung OA but I still wanna live. I still want to have my own family. Lord naman eh, hindi pa nga ako nakakapag-level up sa puso ni Xian, ganito agad? Hello, 3cm kaya yun! Ang laki nu’n ah!