Part 40- It's Almost Over

"Tomorrow, we end this." Price threw the plans into the fire after we finished the brief. 

We all nodded. We were now down to ten and we finally found Makarov. We were all enjoying our time together before what might be the end for some of us. The tension was still heavily in the air despite us trying our best.

-GHOST POV-

I had stepped away from the group for a moment. Gaz was busy telling stories and Y/N was trying her best to crack jokes. I just couldn't sit there knowing that we all might die tomorrow. 

"You okay?" Soap approached me and sat next to me.

I picked at the grass. "No. We might all die tomorrow. I don't care much about myself but Y/N..."

"I know, I've been thinking of that too." Soap leaned on me. "We'll do all we can to protect her Simon."

"But what if that's not enough? What if she does something dumb and gets herself killed?" I felt tears welling in my eyes. "She can't die first. I can't be a second without her." 

"I know the feeling." Soap sighed. "I wish there was a way to leave her out of it." 

"Trust me, I've tried to come up with a way but knowing her she'd still find a way." I plucked more grass.

"Then I guess we just have to die before does." Soap held up his pinky. "If it comes down to it, we die first."

"Deal." I locked pinkies with him.

-Y/N POV-

"I did not!" I tackled Gaz as he began telling a story about me.

"But you did sleep with Philips!" Gaz pretended to gag as I put my hands around his throat.

"That you did!" Price joined in. "Made him do the walk of shame and everything."

"I remember that." Soap rejoined us. Ghost was still off by himself.

"Look, we all made bad decisions!" I huffed. "like Ghost and Lana."

"Oh god don't remind me of her. I hope she's dead." Soap gagged. 

"Yeah, what happened to her anyways? one minute she was there and then gone."

"Ghost got her fired." Price chuckled and Ghost rejoined us.

"She was a pest and in the way." Ghost sat down next to me.

"Uh huh, but you were still fucking her!" I teased.

"And you fucked Graves, I think you did worse." He smiled at me through his mask.

"Yeah, Graves sucks!" Soap threw a stick into the fire.

We all burst into laughter but tension quickly filled the air once more.

"I hope we make it out alive. all of us." Gaz poked the fire. 

"Yeah." Price looked at each of us. "But if we don't, I want you all to know how proud I am that I got to serve with you all. You weren't just my team, you are my family."

Tears filled my eyes. 

"If I don't make it, I want you all to know you're like brothers and I guess a sister to me," Gaz added. "Ghost?"

"I just want you all to know, I hate you all less than others." We all chuckled. 

"If by some horrible twist of fate, we don't live, I just want to thank you all for the lovely times we've had and the shit we've fucked up. Y/N?"

Tears were pouring at this point. "I just want to thank you all for trusting me and making me one of your own. I won't forget any of you and I pray we make it out alive." 

They fell silent as we all looked at each other. Ghost and Soap both took my hands in theirs. 

I broke the silence."It's almost over."

(I have decided to give all four endings and let you all choose your endings!!))