Chapter 35

Beth, Seth, and Decker made their way to Decker's parents' house, their hearts were filled with a mix of excitement. They had meticulously planned this moment to announce their pregnancy, knowing it would be a fun event.

Arriving at the doorstep, Beth took a deep breath and rang the doorbell. Decker's mom Lizzie opened the door with her husband behind her, her face lighting up with a smile upon seeing her son and his partners. "Oh, it's so lovely to see you all! Come in, come in!"

They entered the cozy living room, where Lizzie had prepared some refreshments for their visit. They all settled down, feeling a mix of anticipation and eagerness to share their news.

As they sat down on the comfortable couch, Beth turned to Lizzie and asked, "So, Lizzie, how have you been? We haven't had a chance to catch up in a while."

Lizzie smiled warmly and replied, "Oh, you know, keeping busy as always. But I'm doing well, thank you for asking. How about you? How's work been treating you?"

Beth chuckled and shook her head. "Work has been hectic, as usual. But I can't complain. I'm grateful for baking sweets and putting smiles on people when they have their first bite."

"Ah, I love that, Beth! Don't remind me how bad I have been craving your sweets. I keep telling Decker to pick me up some and drive them over. And speaking of work, Seth, how's your new project going?" Lizzie says.

Seth, a highly acclaimed and successful fashion designer, couldn't contain his excitement. "It's going exceptionally well, actually! I've been chosen as the fashion designer for the next season of Bridgerton, and the team is brimming with ideas. It's been a whirlwind of late nights, but we're all passionate about this prestigious project."

Decker chimed in, "Yeah, Seth has been working tirelessly. But it's paying off. We're both so proud of him and his team."

Lizzie nodded, a proud smile on her face. "That's fantastic to hear! I always knew you had a knack for your work, Seth. It's great to see your dedication continue to pay off."

After a few moments of small talk, Beth couldn't contain her excitement any longer. She turned to Decker's mom and said, "We have something incredible to tell you. We're going to have a baby!"

Lizzie eyes in surprise, her hand instinctively covering her mouth. "Oh my goodness! Are you serious? A baby? That's the best news I've heard in a long time! I can't believe it!"

Samuel, Decker's father, who had been quietly observing the conversation, couldn't contain his joy any longer. He stood up from his chair and exclaimed, "I can't believe I'm going to be a grandfather! This is incredible news! You've made us so happy, Beth, Seth, and Decker. Our family is growing, and I couldn't be more thrilled!"

Decker chuckled and reached out to hold his mom's hand. "Mom, we actually had a feeling that you already knew. Seth's mom couldn't keep this a secret, especially from you, even if she wanted to. And we figured you both would have to talk immediately about how excited you are to be grandmas and put all your plans into action."

Lizzie gasped, her surprise turning into a playful smile. "Ah, so you know that I know! Well, I must say, I'm overjoyed beyond words. Becoming a grandmother has been a dream of mine, and now it's finally coming true! This is just amazing! Thank you, Beth, for making Decker believe in love and finally finding happiness with Seth and all of you committed to each other. I never thought I'd experience this level of happiness. You have no idea how much this means to me."

Overwhelmed by the moment, Beth couldn't help but shed tears of joy. She tightly hugged Lizzie and Samuel.

"So, what do you guys want, a boy or a girl?" Samuel asked.