chapter 27

Decker walked into the dressing room and found Beth putting on her shoes. "Are you ready baby?" he asked. Beth nodded, "Yes, I packed up all your stuff." They walked out of the dressing room and into the parking lot, making small talk as they went.

As Beth and Decker got into the car, Beth asked, "How was your conversation with your mother?" Decker chuckled and replied, "It was good. She asked if I'm using protection because she knows babies are still made the same way." Beth laughed and said, "That's hilarious and must have been very awkward. You know how parents, especially moms, can't wait to be grandparents once their kids are grown."

"Yeah, what about your parents? Do they bug you about it all the time?" he asked.

"Haha, my dad does. He says I'll make a great mom. However, my mother never asked me about having kids since she never expected me to find a man. On the other hand, she bothers my siblings about it. My sister, in particular, is eager to have children. She talked about it recently."

"Well, she got a surprise. Not only do you have one man, but you have two who are crazy about you, especially since we never expected to be in a serious relationship."

"Yeah, that dinner definitely shocked a lot of people. I mean, even myself. Not going to lie, I think that's when our relationship became solidified for me," I say.

"I get that you were finally forced to say it and show it to your family, which is a hard situation for you and me. Seth and I will always be there to support you. Do you want children, baby?"

I love children, but I honestly never thought of having any because I didn't date much, you know? What about you?

I never pictured myself as a father until the last few years. I was having a lot of fun, but I also felt like settling down wasn't a bad idea. Being honest, the most confusing part was that I wanted a child, but I only wanted to raise it with Seth. He would be an amazing dad, but at the time, I was in a relationship with Jenni, and I couldn't picture her being involved. I also wasn't official with Seth, so it was complicated. I've actually never said this aloud."

"You know what they say, you know when the right person comes." Seth would be a phenomenal dad. So would you, Decker. I hope you know that," she says.

"You are also the right person, Beth. I hope you know that I'm serious about us being together. But if we're being honest, we haven't been using any protection. Well, when I'm with you and the times we were all together there hasn't been anything between us. I don't know about when you and Seth had your moments together."

"So, you guys are ready to be fathers?" she asks.

Decker says, "If it's with you and Seth, I'm ready for anything. And the fact that you called us both the fathers proves you are the woman for us."

"Well, that's sweet, but I've been on birth control for years. Also, Seth has been bareback every time, just like you," she says.

When we finally arrived home, we went inside and saw Seth in the kitchen without a shirt.

"Hi, my loves! It's good to be home. Did you miss me?" he asked.

Beth ran over and kissed his lips while I walked over and kissed him too.

"You said you would get home tomorrow morning," Decker said.

"Well, it's true, but I wanted to surprise you. And I really wanted to sleep in the same bed as you. I've missed you. So, what were you guys talking about?" Seth asked.

"Ehh, not much," Decker replied.

"Having babies," Beth said.

"Are we pregnant? I mean, it's not surprising. I don't know about you, Decker, but I've been pretty eager and not wrapping it up," Seth said.