Death Of A Princess

Start from the beginning

"You think it's our girl?" Echo asked.

"It makes sense." Hunter said. "She gets defensive about the nickname and hasn't exactly elaborated on it and she's mentioned a few times about how she hates nicknames."

"Are you going to ask her about it?" Echo questioned.

"That I am not sure about." Hunter looked back at the article.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aurora leaned against the alley wall with a smile. She was looking to the side and she saw Hunter looking around, she knew he was looking for her. Silly boy. She shook her head, still smiling. She watched him looking around, just confused. She was holding her cloak the whole time but she draped it around her shoulder and put the hood up. She exited the alley and kept her head down and continued on her way.

It wasn't long but she made it to her destination. It was another bar and she pulled her hood down and walked inside. She scanned the bar and it was slightly busy. The patrons didn't really pay any mind to her. In the back she saw her target sitting against the wall. There was only one person but two untouched glasses sat at the table. She walked over, dropped her bag on the table and sat down, taking a drink from the unaccompanied beverage.

"You're late." The person said, taking their helmet off.

"I had a shadow." Aurora casually said, as she watched Fennec Shand take her helmet off. "Had to lose him."

"He knows you're here?" Fennec raised an eyebrow.

"Not exactly." Aurora shrugged. "I lost him in the market."

"Did you make what I needed?"

Aurora slid the bag to Fennec and she looked inside. "Everything's in there. A dozen grenades and a dozen bombs. Your usual." Fennec moved the merchandise to her bag and gave Aurora her bag back, along with a smaller pouch filled with credits. "Any news with the Guild?"

"That girl is still making her rounds. She's lower on the list now, as she's not as popular." Fennec took a drink. "Apparently there are surviving Jedi out there and they are worth more than her."

"There are Jedi survivors?" Aurora asked and Fennec nodded. "Oh kriff..."

"Listen Aurora."

"What is it?" Aurora asked, looking at Fennec.

"You're on the list."

"I'm on the list? Why?"

"He doesn't believe you're dead." Fennec said and Aurora felt a lump in the back of her throat. "I don't know how or why he started believing you are alive but he put out a bounty asking about possible whereabouts and he is offering a ton of credits. Even more if they can give proof of you being alive."

"I-I have done everything by the book. How could this have happened?"

"It seems you weren't as careful as you thought."

"But I have been-" Aurora paused, realizing a possible error.

"What?"

"We ran into Roland Durand a while back... Maybe he said something to the wrong person... or to his mother."

"That I'm actually not sure about, both of them have been underground since his deal gone wrong with the Pykes..." Fennec saw the look Aurora gave her and sighed. "Which I'm guessing you played a part in?"

"Unwillingly, but yes. We did."

"Maybe then." Fennec rubbed her face. "For kriff's sake Aurora. You were free! All you had to do was just hide and he would never know?"